• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did the new PS3 update block non-US DVDs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cj_iwakura

I used to watch Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon on my PS3(Don't judge), and now it's not recognizing the discs after the latest update.

What gives?

cj_iwakura said:
I used to watch Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon on my PS3(Don't judge), and now it's not recognizing the discs after the latest update.

What gives?
It's because you're watching Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon
I watch it every year ;_;

DVDs have been region locked on my PS3, I have a couple of seasons of the Shield that I got from the UK cos i couldnt be bothered waiting, and I have to play them on my janky old shitty dvd player.

Obligatory:

1259829153228.jpg

cj_iwakura

Well WTF. A US one isn't working either. :( And I know it's reading game discs. Maybe this is an all encompassing DVD thing.

By the way(and this is probably worse for saying): PGSM is the live action show.

Does this mean my copy of Planet Earth from the UK won't work anymore? :|

--

Is it reading all game discs? Do you have any PSX or if your machine is BC, PS2, discs you can try? If it's an older model, it may be signs of the blu ray drive controller going belly up. :\

Ashes

Banned
cj_iwakura said:
It's not the DVDs, I promise. They worked a week ago. I tried two different ones.

This is the system update.

Yeah, you're right probably... Doesn't hurt to check though... ;)

angelfly

If the DVD was working fine before and it wasn't for your region then it was a bug in the firmware that was fixed.
_dementia said:
Doesn't Blu Ray Region coding cover different territories than DVD region codes?
Yeah BR and DVD both have different regions.

cj_iwakura said:
Well WTF. A US one isn't working either. :( And I know it's reading game discs. Maybe this is an all encompassing DVD thing.

By the way(and this is probably worse for saying): PGSM is the live action show.
looking at real girls isn't worse than looking at drawings of girls.

ever.

unless it's that mexican sailor moon.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
cj_iwakura said:

Oh. Don't know about the live action show, but the cartoon is fun. Sailor Mercury, hell yeah.

Jonnyram

I've never been able to play different region DVDs in my PS3.
I'm region 2 (JP) and can't watch region 1 (US).
I can't even watch region 2 from UK, because the machine lacks a scaler.

cj_iwakura said:

What gives?

Knowing that you watch PGSM gives me a new-found respect for you. Seriously.

Too bad about the DVD issue though; sounds like your PS3 might be busted.

LiK

Wario64 said:
Oh. Don't know about the live action show, but the cartoon is fun. Sailor Mercury, hell yeah.

i've seen clips of the live-action is it looks like cosplay series

Azure J

Wario64 said:
This thread is now about Sailor Moon.

Real talk, my father questioned my sexuality when I would watch this show and get all into it when I was younger. What was I supposed to think at 9 or so years old when I'd watch the entire Toonami block (or going really old school, 5AM Sailor Moon/Dragonball Z on WB11 - for NY-GAF) because, well, it was fucking Toonami and every show on it was great? :lol

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Sailor Moon is 100% fabulous!

Sailor Mars
Sailor Mercury
Sailor Jupiter
Sailor Venus
Sailor Moon!

Cartoon Network hit a nice peak with Sailor Moon followed by Robotech.

LiK

AzureJericho said:
Real talk, my father questioned my sexuality when I would watch this show and get all into it when I was younger. What was I supposed to think at 9 or so years old when I'd watch the entire Toonami block (or going really old school, 5AM Sailor Moon/Dragonball Z on WB11 - for NY-GAF) because, well, it was fucking Toonami and every show on it was great? :lol

you like looking at anime girls. i think that's perfectly alright.
you are not alone

cj_iwakura

Ah, Chinese-bootleg English subs. Every episode has a different translation of the opening song.
(I should note these were purchased at a local comic shop, but they have the worst subs I have ever seen.)

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Serious talk: So PGSM is good? I hadn't heard anything about it so that's why I never watched it.

The anime and manga are wonderful, though. Stars is my favourite season. Also--watch it in Japanese. Seriously. The English dubbed episodes cut so much out, it's ridiculous. <3 Sailor Moon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom