• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of Ruin (n-Space, Square Enix, 3DS) site opens. Win an exclusive 3DS.

http://www.heroesofruin.com/

in_3ds_comp.jpg

Screens:

large_image.jpg

large_image.jpg

Truth101

Banned
Why do they do those awful close up action screenshots, when the game isn't in that perspective. I don't understand ><

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Alright, I'm entering. Contest has no hoops to jump through, and I'm cautiously optimistic about the game itself.

EDIT: The webpage has achievements. What the fuck?

Amir0x

Banned
The_Technomancer said:
Alright, I'm entering. Contest has no hoops to jump through, and I'm cautiously optimistic about the game itself.

EDIT: The webpage has achievements. What the fuck?

yeah the achievement thing is one of the latest website trends

fml

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Dang site keeps telling me my username, which I'd already registered on the site with, is invalid for the contest.

Izayoi

Banned
So, I entered, but after it said "Working..." nothing happened and the form showed up again. Will I get an email or something?

Truth101

Banned
Amir0x said:
yeah the achievement thing is one of the latest website trends

fml

Is GAF going to get achievements?

Izayoi said:
So, I entered, but after it said "Working..." nothing happened and the form showed up again. Will I get an email or something?

I didn't get anything either, I'm pretty sure you are automatically entered if you register.

Truth101 said:
Is GAF going to get achievements?

We already do.
You get the Member Achievement for X number of posts.
You get the Banned Achievement for being a douche.
You get the Moderator Achievement for being... uhhhhh.

It'd be nicer without the Heroes of Ruin logo inside the clamshell, but I understand they've gotta brand it somewhere. They should have done it on the underside of the console or something. The lid design is quite nice, as is the colour.

Hopefully the game is cool.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Entered the contest, though they wouldn't accept my home city as valid, so I put in Orlando instead (Where I am going to school)

Truth101

Banned
The_Technomancer said:
Hm, I keep getting "invalid username" when I try to enter the contest, despite being logged in.

I'm pretty sure you just have to register.

When you click the contest link it just brings up another field for registration to the site not the contest.

AceBandage said:
We already do.
You get the Member Achievement for X number of posts.
You get the Banned Achievement for being a douche.
You get the Moderator Achievement for being... uhhhhh.
Oh God i wanna answer the third point so bad!!!!....sadly i'm new and i don't have the balls :(

Truth101

Banned
Serenade said:
That was for before they (presumably) finished setting up.

There was a stand with a playable demo available to everyone.
http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/6416/nintendobooth.jpg
And not one of these nerds recorded any gameplay footage.

Wow, that is surprising. Maybe recording was prohibited if it was just a beta build.

Kagari said:
That was for before they (presumably) finished setting up.

Did you get to play it, I forget if you went to E3?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Truth101 said:
Wow, that is surprising. Maybe recording was prohibited if it was just a beta build.

Did you get to play it, I forget if you went to E3?

Yes I played it... it was okay I suppose. Nothing about the demo made me want to buy it though.

Truth101

Banned
Kagari said:
Yes I played it... it was okay I suppose. Nothing about the demo made me want to buy it though.

Mmm... Thanks for the input, I guess there is still a while before it's release, so hopefully they improve it a lot in that time.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Truth101 said:
Mmm... Thanks for the input, I guess there is still a while before it's release, so hopefully they improve it a lot in that time.

It's funny because the guy showing off the demo knew nothing about the game. He didn't even know that it had only been in development for 6 months.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Kagari said:
Cause the one demo they had of it kept crashing :D
Ouch.

Maybe they're going for the punk angle where crashing is good.
...or at least that's what I would say if I were demoing the game.

Truth101

Banned
Kagari said:
It's funny because the guy showing off the demo knew nothing about the game. He didn't even know that it had only been in development for 6 months.

Haha, that's a bummer. I'd hate to be in a position like that. Poor guy =[

matmanx1

The StreetPass functionality sounds great for a loot grind game. And I certainly have no qualms with their list of influences (Diablo, Baldur's Gate: DA, Marvel Ultimate Alliance)!

Gravijah

Izayoi said:

Accidentally misspelled my email on my account and had to change it to register for the 3Ds. Hope that doesn't fuck anything up.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I'm still intrigued by this, mostly because a solid loot whoring dungeon crawler would be great for on the go play.

Top Bottom