• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ALERTING ALL GAFers: Attention READ THIS TOPIC - Important Thread Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amir0x

Banned
Evilore will be here will a more detailed summary shortly. For now, we just want to quickly put a stop to any further pollution.

This topic isn't supposed to be taken as a final rules shift. Just as a temporary halt to NEW thread creation on these offending subjects so that we don't have to keep soft deleting topics on it until we find out what's going on. So, until we figure out a final answer to how strict we need to be, just refrain from creating new topics on these subjects.

The following topics which endorse

Lewd or provocative images
Crude or indecent language, including adult stories
Sexual tips or advice
Sexual fetish sites (e.g. foot fetish content)
Adult toys or products
Ads or links to external sites containing adult content
Threads which promote drug use, sales or paraphernalia

Are going to be stopped, at least temporarily. Most likely over the long haul. Things are just coming to light in conflict with Google Ad Sense and so this is to halt further pollution.

FULL POLICY READ HERE:

https://www.google.com/adsense/support/bin/topic.py?hl=en&topic=16756

Google said:
Adult content

The AdSense network is considered family-safe, which means that publishers aren't permitted to place Google ads on sites which contain adult content. In addition to photos and videos which contain nudity or sexual activities, here are some other examples of unacceptable content:

Lewd or provocative images
Crude or indecent language, including adult stories
Sexual tips or advice
Sexual fetish sites (e.g. foot fetish content)
Adult toys or products
Ads or links to external sites containing adult content

If your site has content which you wouldn't be comfortable viewing at work or with family members around, then it probably isn't an appropriate site to place Google ads upon.
Google said:
Hacking and cracking content

Placement of Google ads is not permitted on websites that promote any form of hacking or cracking. Hacking and cracking content is content that provides users with instructions or equipment that tampers with or provides illegal access to software, servers, or websites. This includes, but isn't limited to:

Sites or products that enable illegal access of cell phones and other communications or content delivery systems or devices
Products or services that bypass copyright protection, including circumvention of digital rights management technologies
Products that illegally descramble cable or satellite signals in order to get free services
Sites that assist or enable users to download streaming videos if prohibited by the content provider, such as those found on YouTube and Google Video
Google said:
Drug, alcohol, and tobacco-related content

The AdSense program policies prohibit Google ads on sites which sell or promote drugs or drug paraphernalia. This includes drug accessories, illegal or prescription drugs, and herbal drugs such as salvia and magic mushrooms. Ads are also not permitted on pages which sell or promote the sales of beer, hard alcohol, or liqueurs. Additionally, publishers are not permitted to place ads on sites which sell or promote tobacco and tobacco-related products, including cigarettes, cigars, tobacco pipes, and rolling paper.

Please be aware that the promotion of prohibited content includes providing links to sites that do not follow our drug, alcohol, and tobacco-related content policies.

However, publishers are permitted to place ads on informational content relating to brewing or distilling beer, as well as content related to the topic of quitting smoking.
Google said:
Copyrighted material

Google ads may not be displayed on websites with content protected by copyright law unless they have the necessary legal rights to display that content. Some examples of copyrighted content might include mp3 and video files, television shows, software, comics, and literary works. Please see our DMCA policy for more information.
Google said:
Violent content

Our program policies don't allow Google ads to be placed on content that contains graphic or gory images such as bloodshed, fight scenes, and gruesome or freak accidents. Publishers are responsible for every page on which their ad code appears and for screening any text, images, videos, or other media which will appear on a page with Google ads.

Amir0x

Banned
we're still hammering out the details, this thread is mostly to stop the creation of NEW topics relating to the various subjects and also to prevent more PMs about why threads are disappearing across the board.

Evilore will be with his own topic some time tonight to fill you in on the officially official doctrine.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
My Marijuana thread? where will I go for my chill beats made for stoners and pictures of cats that hypnotically move to the bass with colors?

Amir0x

Banned
whitehawk said:
So the girl-age thread is dead? Or is a relationship topic different than sexual topics.

A relationship topic would be fine, presumably... a thread on how to have sex in your relationship would be inappropriate.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Could we get some examples of past topics that have violated these things?

I guess the Weed Topic is dead.

Amir0x

Banned
Drkirby said:
Could we get some examples of past topics that have violated these things?

I guess the Weed Topic is dead.

Official Marijuana Topic
I just had Sex...
Let's talk about anal Sex...
The CONTEST thread of no fapping...
All threads for gay/straight GAF which contain nothing but images of barely clothed males/females.

Amir0x

Banned
that's the other thing we're discussing right now re: homebrew.

for the moment, just halt creation of any new topics on this subject and Evilore will come down with his final decision later

JCX

There goes my thread about if I should have sex with my girlfriend while she loudly cusses and I do crystal meth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom