• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom Developing At Least Four Vita Games, One Is A Launch Title

Spiegel

So Reeves has said that Capcom is making 4 Vita games (at least):

Playstation Vita is on the horizon as well. Does Capcom see any potential there? Has the publisher started focusing more on that platform, software wise?

I think in the case of 3DS and Vita, Capcom are treating them pretty equally. They have Resident Evil: Mercenaries that released last week. Super Street Fighter as well, along with other titles. There will be one launch title for Vita. I am not actually sure if it’s been mentioned, so I am not going to, but there will be a launch title for the platform. And then we will do Street Fighter vs Tekken, and at least two others. I am sure you can guess what one of them has to be, considering the success in Japan.

So there are going to be games coming out for both the platforms. And they are both Japanese companies, Nintendo and Sony, and so is Capcom. So the ties are very, very strong. So I think down the road, you could probably see a Monster Hunter iteration somewhere. Probably on both of them. I haven’t heard any concrete plans…they don’t always share those plans…because they switch teams many times.

http://tbreak.com/megamers/32227/fe...fic-customization-is-the-way-to-go-forward/2/

- Unannounced launch game (Super Marvel Vs Capcom 3?, MHP3 up-port?)
- SF vs Tekken
- 2 More (hinting at a new MH?)

I think Sony would do whatever was necessary to at least keep Monster Hunter exclusive for the first year of the Vita's life.

demosthenes said:
I think Sony would do whatever was necessary to at least keep Monster Hunter exclusive for the first year of the Vita's life.
Monster Hunter Vita is the one game they need for Japan.

The Abominable Snowman said:
Any chance of a proper ResiEvil title? I can't get excited about either 3DS RE title.

There are 2 for the 3DS? What's the other one?

AgentChris said:
Monster Hunter Vita is the one game they need for Japan.

I agree, but if Capcom wants to make it multi, Sony would have to pay a lot for them not to. I think it makes more sense for them to keep it exclusive for a little rather than forever. You get the first round of MH buyers and then they'll probably keep buying it on the Vita.

Spiegel

The Abominable Snowman said:
Any chance of a proper ResiEvil title? I can't get excited about either 3DS RE title.

I don't think so.

The launch title might also be an updated RE: Mercenaries game or the compilation of RE4/Code Veronica

Spiegel said:
I don't think so.

The launch title might also be an updated RE: Mercenaries game or the compilation of RE4/Code Veronica

The things I would do for a portable RE4....

Galvanise_ said:
I'm hoping they make a DMC game for vita. Would be a great game to just bust out whenever one feels like it.

Dream scenario: The DMC HD remakes are real. Buy for $40, gives you the ability to download the Vita versions on your Vita.

gbovo

Spiegel said:

There will be one launch title for Vita. I am not actually sure if it’s been mentioned, so I am not going to, but there will be a launch title for the platform. And then we will do Street Fighter vs Tekken, and at least two others. I am sure you can guess what one of them has to be, considering the success in Japan.

http://tbreak.com/megamers/32227/fe...fic-customization-is-the-way-to-go-forward/2/
That's an extremely obvious hint at Monster Hunter on Vita.

gbovo said:
That's an extremely obvious hint at Monster Hunter on Vita.

It certainly seems to be, but a few sentences later, he says that that he hasn't "heard any concrete plans" about the future of MH on handhelds. Strange.

neptunes

Father_Brain said:
It certainly seems to be, but a few sentences later, he says that that he hasn't "heard any concrete plans" about the future of MH on handhelds. Strange.
Captivate 2012?

Spiegel

Father_Brain said:

He says that after saying "Probably on both of them."

Takao

Banned
Kafel said:
What info do we have about the battery life ?

I need to know if I should consider getting this or not.

The same as we knew in January; they're aiming for about the same as the PSP.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I'm guessing the 3 are:

- Monster Hunter
- Street Fighter
- Resident Evil

breath of fire :(

daffy

Banned
KAL2006 said:
You are probably right, my guess
Super MvC3
Tekken X Street Fighter
Monster Hunter
and the launch game will probably be a port of Resident Evil Revelations
Isn't Revelations 3DS a 2012 title? Vita is still 2011 isn't it?

I think it'll be Monster Hunter at launch.

KAL2006

Banned
FTH said:
Isn't Revelations 3DS a 2012 title? Vita is still 2011 isn't it?

I think it'll be Monster Hunter at launch.

Oh shit, I meant Resident Evil Merceneries port for Vita at launch.

Spiegel said:

- SF vs Tekken

KE61Z.gif

Takao

Banned
KAL2006 said:
Oh shit, I meant Resident Evil Merceneries port for Vita at launch.

No one wants Mercs.

Give me Megaman.

Who am I kidding, we're gonna get a port of Operation Raccoon City redeveloped for local multiplayer.

Lince

Banned
+1 for the 'Super Street Fighter IV Hyper Arcade Edition' port

the other 3 being ports of some Resident Evil, Lost Planet and Devil May Cry games.

Spiegel said:

- SF vs Tekken

PLEASE?!!?! PLEASE?!!?!? PORTABLE MARVEL!!!! AND MONSTER HUNTER ( but thats a given... specially since Sega announced a new phantasy star for vita)

I remeber back on SKR... I think it was nitsuma who said a portable Marvel could be possible on the 3DS after having SSFIV on 3DS.... But I WANT IT ON VITA!!! ( I could settle for either or...)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Also Tekken x Street Fighter and Street Fighter x Tekken are two different games people. SFxT is made by Capcom, and TxSF by Namco. Your thinking SFxT is coming to Vita, which is pretty much a given at this point.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Where's the new Monster Hunter hint? All I see is him speculating that there will "probably" be a new one at some point (duh) and "probably" for both 3DS and Vita. Which would be the bigger news, imo. But I wouldn't read much into that, it's speculation separate from the actual 4 titles he mentions.
So there are going to be games coming out for both the platforms. And they are both Japanese companies, Nintendo and Sony, and so is Capcom. So the ties are very, very strong. So I think down the road, you could probably see a Monster Hunter iteration somewhere. Probably on both of them. I haven’t heard any concrete plans…they don’t always share those plans…because they switch teams many times.
Why's the title just for Vita and not something like "Capcom treating 3DS and Vita equally, Monster Hunter plausible for both" or whatever?

Or well, that was just the linked page I looked at, maybe there's something even more interesting in the rest of it.

All in all the dude seems about as knowledgable as you and me, mostly just speculating shit. Like Reggie.

I enjoy Capcom when it comes to system launches.
Seems like they are really on the ball with trying new things at these points.
Dead raising and Zack and wiki come to mind.

Although i'm pretty sure they're tons of contradictions to this, it's nice to think well of them

Lando Jones said:
I enjoy Capcom when it comes to system launches.
Seems like they are really on the ball with trying new things at these points.
Dead raising and Zack and wiki come to mind.

Although i'm pretty sure they're tons of contradictions to this, it's nice to think well of them
Dead Rising and Zack and Wiki came out a year ofter their respective consoles launched.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Mmmh...
One of the two after SF vs Tekken should obviously be MH...but then he talks about the absence of concrete plans for MH iterations...and he says that we should see MH on both the platforms.
I suppose that after SFvsTekken,we will have MHP3rdG on Vita.
I wonder if a MH (the 3G maybe?) will be released on 3DS before the MH for Vita,in order to create the fanbase on both the platforms

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Will I be able to delete my memory card save with these games or will I have to buy a brand new one to restart my game?

KAL2006

Banned
SnakeSlashRO said:
PLEASE?!!?! PLEASE?!!?!? PORTABLE MARVEL!!!! AND MONSTER HUNTER ( but thats a given... specially since Sega announced a new phantasy star for vita)

I remeber back on SKR... I think it was nitsuma who said a portable Marvel could be possible on the 3DS after having SSFIV on 3DS.... But I WANT IT ON VITA!!! ( I could settle for either or...)

I reckon that is likely, Capcom has already showed they got MT Framework engine running on Vita, and MVC3 uses that engine.

Top Bottom