• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dragon Quest to be unveiled today (Splorgenborg Exclusive?) [Countdown In OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonnyram

Aeana said:
t1315198800z1.png

It's probably Dragon Quest X, of course, but it doesn't say that on the site that Square Enix has set up. It just says "new game".
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/se-event

Tune in on Monday (or maybe Sunday night, if you live in the US) to find out!

antonz

Would make sense to be X. I mean X itself has never been shown and they have said we are supposed to see it this year

mutsu

EXCITE!

It's most likely reveal of Dragon Quest X, plus other spin-off etc announcements to celebrate 25th anniversary. Maybe even DQ XI announcement !?

Almost definitely DQX, since we know we'll be seeing a trailer for it this month anyway. Because of that, I wouldn't mind if this was another remake or spin-off, that would mean more DQ!

Oh, dear - cue the carnival of stupid ("Dragon Quest X to WiiU!", "DQ going multiplat!", "Probably DQ Vita - best handheld lineup ever!" etc.) because it's listed as "New Dragon Quest"...

Lol, so much for those buying the Dragon Quest Collection disc in order to see the trailer (though you'd have to be pretty stupid to do that anyway)

About damn time! Bring on DQX!

Suzzopher

8BitsAtATime said:
I fixed that for you.

If I remember correctly, when 1up interviewed Horii before VI was launched in the West, he wouldn't talk about VII as Nintendo people were there and he said VII and VIII were Sony games.

Takao

Banned
Suzzopher said:
If I remember correctly, when 1up interviewed Horii before VI was launched in the West, he wouldn't talk about VII as Nintendo people were there and he said VII and VIII were Sony games.

How far are SQenix in remaking DQ games? I find the series incredibly dull so I actually have no clue.

Suzzopher said:

DQ VIII with trophies would kill me.

StuBurns

Banned
duckroll said:
Rumors suggest DQX is also MMO-like.
Expectations are non-existent.
MMO-like and on the Wii, awesome, all we need is the confirmation it's Level-5 and I can truly forget this game exists.

Suzzopher said:

Are you sure he was referring to the (hypothetical) remakes and not the original releases?

I'd love to see the interview, not just to clarify this point, but as a big Dragon Quest fan. The only interview with Horii I could find on 1up is from 2005.

Suzzopher

ShineALight said:
Are you sure he was referring to the (hypothetical) remakes and not the original releases?

I'd love to see the interview, not just to clarify this point, but as a big Dragon Quest fan. The only interview with Horii I could find on 1up is from 2005.

I don't remember reading it, I remember hearing Parish talk about it on either Retronauts, ATB or Games Dammit.

I can't think of any game that makes sense.

if it is DQX, then what's the purpose of the trailer being in the collection or TGS?
if it is a 3DS game, then it should be in Nintendo 3DS conference.
if it is a Vita or PSP or PS3 game, why announce it just before your next main game is going to be revealed on the rival's platform?

Please be Dragon Quest X. We know NOTHING about it so a full reveal is in the order.

Suzzopher said:
VI, so VII is the next for remaking.
I bet the hold up for that is that the game is just too large to easily remake? How much extra could they even add? Certainly we don't really need more vocations or story segments!

walking fiend said:
I can't think of any game that makes sense.

if it is DQX, then what's the purpose of the trailer being in the collection or TGS?Just so people can have it. I mean did anyone really expect us to not see the trailer before the collection came out? Though if they don't show a DQX trailer here then damn this point sucks doesn't it?
if it is a 3DS game, then it should be in Nintendo 3DS conference.Means the game at the 3DS event will be something else which is nice.
if it is a Vita or PSP or PS3 game, why announce it just before your next main game is going to be revealed on the rival's platform?It would most likely be a spinoff if it was a PSP, vita, or PS3 game. Don't think they are ready for DQXI ATM.

Just some stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom