• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MotoHeroz [WiiWare | from RedLynx -Trials, etc.-] Coming September 15, new trailer!

fernoca

IJoEN.png

Z3jHk.png

Developed by: RedLynx (Trails Evolution, Trials HD, Warhammer 40,000: Squad Command)
Release Date: September 15, 2011 (US) | September 16, 2011 (PAL)
Price: 1500 Nintendo Points ($15.00)
Official website

Videos:

General info:
The RedLynx racing game with platformer charm is coming to WiiWare on September 15!

MotoHeroz takes the fun, fast gameplay of a Trials style game, adds it to a frantic rally race, and delivers a fresh new kind of side-scrolling, platform racing game.

Players race, chase, and rally their way through a brightly colored world, competing against their friends for the fastest times, entering daily races, and hunting for secrets and coins.

The game has three main modes: a surprising and fun single player adventure, a two to four player local party mode, and a new type of daily online competition, in which a new online track opens up daily to give you constant new opportunities for the top of the Leader Boards.

Features:
  • Physics-based fun: Simple but effective physics deliver an addictive gaming experience.
  • Fun for one: Single player story mode with memorable characters and rich visuals.
  • Fun for many: Four player party mode that is easy for anyone to pick up and play.
  • Take on the world: Ghost race against any time from any track in the game.
  • Claim the top spot: Global and Friend-based Leader Boards let gamers compete against each other.
  • New type of daily competition: New tracks and Leader Boards opening each day.
  • Fully optimized: Steady 60 FPS, widescreen support, and blazing fast load times.
  • A complete package: 100+ tracks, four cars, and many game modes equals tons of fun!
  • And more...: Possibilities of expansions and additional features; through (paid) Downloadable Content.

Screenshots:

Wallpapers:
(1920 x 1200)

NintendoGal Interview: (<-Full interview)

Quick bit:

NintendoGal.com: How does MotoHeroz differentiate itself from Trials HD?

Antti Ilvessuo: Good question. They are both similar in that they are physics-based and time-based racing games. But where Trials HD really focuses on challenging obstacle courses in dark warehouses, where you struggle over and over to shave off a few seconds to get a Platinum medal, MotoHeroz has a much more wide-open, colorful, and friendly feel to it and different game modes.

The most Trials-like element is probably the Online Runs, where every day you can go online and compete in a daily challenge, either against your friends in a Buddy League or on the global Leaderboards. But that’s only one part of the game. MotoHeroz has a local multiplayer Party Rally and a deep, rich single player Story Adventure that ties the wacky single player experience together.

NG: Are the physics in the game based on your experiences from Trials HD?

AI: Definitely, we take everything we have learned about physics-based gameplay and apply it to all our projects where appropriate. That said, MotoHeroz doesn’t use the Trials engine – it’s a completely original game.

But the key principle is the same – by having realistic physics interactions with everything on a 2D driving line, you end up with a lot of unpredictable, fun results, which means no matter how many times you go through the same level, things aren’t likely to turn out exactly the same. This is especially true in Party Rally, when you have up to four cars and four players bounding around like cats in a pillowcase!

At the same time, you are forced to learn how to drive, it is a skill you develop. There’s no luck, no randomness, no pre-scripted “okay, we’re going to let you pass this track now” stuff. It’s not an easy game; it respects the player and doesn’t treat him or her like a hopeless, casual amateur who can barely manage a virtual cabbage farm.​

Reviews:

Now all we need now is pricing and a European date (Japan too).
sfried said:
Why am I getting Uniracers vibes from this, especially with the backflipping vehicles?
Uh-oh better watch out for a court case from Pixar then, about them having copyright over real life objects
[which they win

Olorin

I was saving a 1000 points card for this, but according to NintendoLife, it's 1500 points :( Seems a bit pricey, but it might be worth it.

1-D_FTW

If I still had a Wii, I'd be day one. Looks fantastic.

If it was coming to 3DS Ware, it'd be a game that actually tempted me to buy the system.*

* Oh well, nothing could tempt me into buying a 3DS at this point in time. Maybe it'll be available for 3DS by the time the 3DS revision rolls out.

Gilby

Looks great, but 15$ is too much. Maybe when/if it comes out on steam...

edit: It looks reallly nice though. Ugh I wish I had more money!

Boerseun

Banned
DAY ONE.

Thanks to the OP for making this thread. Games like these with next to no marketing heavily rely on word of mouth for their marketing.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Bad title, awesome game?

Will get, but damn I need to update my Wii shop channel through homebrew I guess, haven't done that in ages

wrowa

Wow, the artstyle looks really neat.

I don't understand why they went for WiiWare though. The service was semi-dead two years ago, nowadays it's deader than a dead zombie.

fernoca

And done with the wallpapers. Had to upload them all...again. :p

Originally the thread was just about the newest video. But, it's a great developers making a great game for the WiiWare; so deserves some attention I guess. :p

Very excited for this, hope it does well for them but not looking forward to the LTTP threads about the inevitable .99 iOS version. Sigh.

metsallica said:
Very excited for this, hope it does well for them but not looking forward to the LTTP threads about the inevitable .99 iOS version. Sigh.
I thought Nintendo moneyhatted development of it so that won't happen. Does not appear true.

Also, 1500 Wii Points...well, I did complain about having too many points to spend, not anymore.

NewFresh

Game looks really solid.

Starwolf_UK said:
I thought Nintendo moneyhatted development of it so that won't happen.

Also, 1500 Wii Points...well, I did complain about having too many points to spend, not anymore.
Do you have a source?

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Shiggy said:
It looks like one of those flash games you get for free...15 EUR...no.
Cute.

Game looks awesome, nothing like flash games (aren't polygonal graphics rare for flash still, since if you want 3D there are better tools than flash?) and the developer's pedigree guarantees quality. Seems to be packed with features and content too. Love the different themes, reminds me of DKCR.

Anyway, ignore the crappy looking screens folks, the game looks great in motion with its multi layered design (and ignore the stutters in some of the videos, it's 60fps on Wii).

Berksy

Was that game ever published on iOS? I seem to remember it >_<

You also made me remember Warhammer 40,000: Squad Command. Solid TBS without a story.

Ydahs

Looks cute. Not my type of game but I think kids will have a blast playing it.

I question the decision of only releasing it on Wiiware though, with the medium being basically abandoned. Will be interesting to see if this appears on other services (3DSware? iOS?).

asa

Cool to see a thread for Motoheroz and nice to see people still remember this title, multi player for this title is really something, comparison to mario kart is justified, imo.

I think the guys here have played it more than Gabe has played Dota ;) Screams of victory or defeat fill the halls of Redlynx every Friday when the best players compete for the weekly championship.

I am sooo happy to be able to play the game finally. There will be many frantic gaming nights.

I will hold on sending my Wii to Nintendo to repair the Disc Drive just so I can play this game next week! Xenoblade can wait.

Shiggy

Goldmund said:
If given the option, would you pay for those Flash games you really enjoyed?

Probably no because most of them do not offer too much.

It has more than a flash game has to offer

I just think that WiiWare games are overpriced in general. Only 5€ more and I could buy Super Mario Galaxy which has much more to offer. I think 5-8€ would be a price that is a bit fairer.

NewFresh

Shiggy said:
I just think that WiiWare games are overpriced in general. Only 5€ more and I could buy Super Mario Galaxy which has much more to offer. I think 5-8€ would be a price that is a bit fairer.

It is a higher price than usual. I was expecting it to be $10 (€ for you).

But It is a new release, so it will have a higher price than a retail game that has been out for a few years.

Either way, price does not reflect on quality.

Shiggy

EmmanuelMunoz said:
It is a higher price than usual. I was expecting it to be $10 (€ for you).

But It is a new release, so it will have a higher price than a retail game that has been out for a few years.

Either way, price does not reflect on quality.

Right.
It's just that Nintendo doesn't seem to understand how to price downloadable games appropriately. I will not doubt that this game is great, I actually like similar flash games.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Shiggy said:
Right.
It's just that Nintendo doesn't seem to understand how to price downloadable games appropriately. I will not doubt that this game is great, I actually like similar flash games.

I hate the 15 buck price point for downloadable games as much as anyone, but we can't blame nintendo for it.

Starwolf_UK said:
I thought Nintendo moneyhatted development of it so that won't happen.

I don't think that's true, and RedLynx has already published a game in the Heroz series (if it can be called a series) on iOS. So don't be surprised.

metsallica said:
I don't think that's true, and RedLynx has already published a game in the Heroz series (if it can be called a series) on iOS. So don't be surprised.
Yopu're right it is false. Sorry people I read some impressions a bit too quickly and the thought stuck in my head. Publisher is RedLynx unlike Fluidity*, You, Me and the Cubes* or PictureBook Games: Pop-Up Pursuit (which were moneyhatted and hence published by Nintendo).
*-Btw, these are great...well I think so anyway

Given how bad the WiiWare marketplace is I'd think nobody would want to develop or publish anything anymore on it. Though least at this stage of the game they'll have at least a week to themselves and the front page spotlight. Plus, they could have started work 2 years ago leaving you kind of stuck.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Looks crazy good, lots of variaty and stuff going by that last video, the trailers didn't indicate that (and I didn't watch much normal gameplay footage before that).

Top Bottom