• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus: Uprising, The Anime! (x3) - Coming Soon (Free Download)

Masked Man

I said wow
Even though Sakuraaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiii and the rest of the folks at Sora and Nintendo are asking us to wait just a little longer on Kid Icarus: Uprising (January-March 2012), they have decided to appease us with not one, not two, but three short animated series featuring characters from the game!

All three are being produced by different studios:

1) The anime by Production I.G (known for such works as "Ghost in the Shell") will feature Pit as the main character. An orthodox 3D action title mixing human artillery, Medusa's lackeys, and Thanatos, God of Death. Scheduled for three (3) episodes.

dcg3df.jpg

2) My Twitter was all abuzz while "Madoka Magica" was on the air. Shaft's comical mini-series sets Palutena, Goddess of Light, as the main character. Perhaps this sort of thing is their specialty. Cheerful and amusing. Scheduled for two (2) episodes.

2cest9h.jpg

3) Studio 4℃, whose art style is so full of personality (e.g. "MEMORIES," "Animatrix"), are focusing on Medusa. They're visually portraying her actions from the past up until her comeback. Scheduled for one (1) episode.

s2tr4j.jpg

All three will be available on the 3DS via wireless download, meaning that you can watch them in stereoscopic vision. No date has been set, but they are planning for a worldwide release. (Sakurai also jokes that this could be seen as a "test of strength" between the three studios.)

Looking forward to these!
3AQmK.gif

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
why is Palutena fighting a vegetable monster?

Anyway, with this and that AR card game, they're really pushing this game.

This game is the only reason I got a 3DS... while I have enjoyed Super, OOT and SFox...
I cannot wait, day one as I said over a year ago, will almost be 2 years....

Chairhome

Watch Da Birdie said:
why is Palutena fighting a vegetable monster?

Anyway, with this and that AR card game, they're really pushing this game.
Maybe he's the Eggplant Wizard's dad or something. :p

My hype is rising for this game. I played it at PAX East and it was really fun, the new videos look amazing. I will eat these animes up.

I'm impressed that they're making anime shorts to just show for free on Nintendo Video. Hopefully they end up on a DVD collection too.

fernoca

Good to see Nintendo looking for ways to get the word out regarding this game. 2012 release to me was all but confirmed the moment they announced Mario 3D and Mario Kart for this year. Seeing this just confirms that they want to give Kid Icarus some spotlight.

Ezalc

I hope there's some jiggle with Palutena. She's my favorite goddess.

Really Black Pit? Really?! What's with Nintendo and having evil clones of characters?!

Azure J

Definitely down for this, I hope this only leads to more (good) video game tie ins from these studios, Production I.G. especially.

Pit, Palutena & Medusa for Smash 4. :p

(Free Download)
should be changed to
(Free Streaming For A Limited Time Only)

:(

As cool as these look, having them be a part of Nintendo Video is shitty.
Hopefully they're also on the cart so we can watch them whenever we like!

Wow, those are some quality studios. Only Madhouse is missing. :)

I shall now proceed to hold my breath until a Kid Icarus anime movie is announced.

Tom_Cody said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2xg_0KTA94

New trailer looks amazing. For the first time the gameplay seems to be coming together.

Hmm...there is a "Dark Pit" now. Interesting...

Pit seeing the Metroid-like creature:

"I feel like I've seen these somewhere before..."

lol

Azure J

ShockingAlberto said:
Gainax Kid Icarus would have been awesome.

And possibly creepy.

I wanted this so badly. Especially if they got the art director for TTGL doing it.

Dreams are great...

NeonZ

Ezalc said:
Really Black Pit? Really?! What's with Nintendo and having evil clones of characters?!

Dark Pit was in Smash Bros Brawl as one of Pit's colors, complete with the black wings. It's kind of amusing to see Sakurai turning him into a real character now.

Well, I guess this is more proof Sakurai is gonna toss in at least 2 new characters for KI if someone didn't already figure that.

Would say that I would like a SSB anime setup like this but I'm sure it would just start Kirby characters.

Is there gonna be a HD release of these? Would be down right shameful to have such great work viewable only on a 3DS screen :/

PokéKong

Hahah! Dark Pit, I just love how unashamedly videogamey this game is. Flying targets and enemies lining up in patterns, silly banter between characters, I'm eating it all up.

But what is with all the ridiculously oversized enemies, weapons and attacks going on in the on-foot portions? There is so much clipping going on, its like all these assets were made for the flying shooting parts and just forced into the levels, it just looks sloppy and uneven.

Jex

I might have imagined Production IG and Studio 4oC doing a short, but SHAFT? I guess they're riding the success of their biggest works.

I would normally have assumed Madhouse instead.

Branduil

Jexhius said:
I might have imagined Production IG and Studio 4oC doing a short, but SHAFT? I guess they're riding the success of their biggest works.

Anime has changed.

duckroll

Jexhius said:

I can't see Madhouse being very interested in doing anthology style projects. Not after Gotham Knight.

Poyunch

SilverLunar said:
I have to admit, i am excited for this more than the game lol.

Does Kid Icarus have vegetable based enemies besides the Eggplant Wizard?? there is a whole army of them there o_O
Maybe some sort of Eggplant Wizard army.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Maybe he's the Eggplant Wizard's dad or something. :p
Have we seen him yet in any trailers? I can't recall, but if not, that vegetable monster does hint to him being included. Didn't even think of that until you mentioned it.

And yeah, I definitely think that Sakurai will give Kid Icarus a lot of spotlight in the next Smash...Medusa, a female and a villain, is just too good to pass up.

This game looks OFF THE FUCKING HOOK!! I can't believe this is a handheld game. Goddamn have things progressed since the OG GameBoy.

I don't even understand how this is "portable" anymore to be honest. PSPs, PSVita, DS, 3DS, these kinds of games I don't even consider something I'd play on the bus, or out in a park. Handhelds are now just small consoles with the screens built in, but you still play them at home on the couch. I guess it's better for vacations, play on a plane, or in your hotel so you don't have to bring your whole Wii/PS3 with you. But still, holy shit.

Green Mamba said:
3DS_KidIcarus_2_char04_E3.png

You're crazy.
Dat sideboob is driving me crazy. In the pic in the OP, it looks like her dress is just barely concealing her nip :x

Top Bottom