• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Survivor: South Pacific |OT| of Dragon Slaying and Russell 2.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spy

5jtnp4.jpg

Special 90-Minute Season Premiere Wednesday, September 14th at 8/7c

I've been waiting for someone to make a thread and no one has stepped up to the plate. I will be adding the cast shortly.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Finally. Thanks for making the thread.

Spy

Do you think I should add the cast (and members of each tribe) after the first episode airs so I don't spoil anything?

Glad this is starting back up after the meh season of Big Brother.

Spy said:
Do you think I should add the cast (and members of each tribe) after the first episode airs so I don't spoil anything?

I would go ahead and add it. It's been all over the commercials all month, so I don't think there is much to spoil.

SecretMoblin said:
The lame return of Coach and "I'm Russell Hantz's nephew!" almost, almost make me nostalgic about Battle of the Races.

Coach Vs. Phillip could have been so great. Ozzy and Hantz are lame though. Ozzy and coach have no reason whatsoever to be on the same season. It makes no sense, at least Rob Vs. Russell made some sense after heroes vs. villains.(And yes I know Coach vs phillip would make even less sense, but it would be hilarious)

jl4855 said:
any fun twists this season? will rob be making an appearance to destroy some II clues?

Same as last season. Two returning players on opposite teams, redemption island with some changes, also apparentlly one of the contestants is a past gaffer.

RepairmanJack said:
Same as last season. Two returning players on opposite teams, redemption island with some changes, also apparentlly one of the contestants is a past gaffer.
I really, really hope they outline exactly what RI entails this time. Last season it sure felt like they bent the rules for maximum dramatic effect, and it was frustrating for both the players and the viewers to not know what the hell was going on.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I'm really happy about this. Mainly because it spells the end of Big Brother for this year, what a horrible season. But also because I enjoy Survivor so much more.

I've never really liked Coach so much and bet he gets voted off fairly quickly. Unless he changes his social game and doesn't tell all of his outlandish stories. I think the novelty has worn off it will end up being annoying to his tribe mates.

SecretMoblin said:
I really, really hope they outline exactly what RI entails this time. Last season it sure felt like they bent the rules for maximum dramatic effect, and it was frustrating for both the players and the viewers to not know what the hell was going on.

AFAIK all they have said is that it will always be one on one now. They need to say from the start when it ends exactly, I think it screws up gameplay to not know.

About to start watching. Got to let the Tivo move on so I don't watch commercials. :p

Really hope RI isn't a bust this season. Absolutely ruined the game last season with no reward challenges, ridiculous time spent there, etc... Oh, and please no count to 100 challenges!

Ozzie looks weird with his new long hair.

This "Cochran" thing is already pissing me off. And "RUSSELL HANTZ'S NEPHEW", as I expected, is also pissing me off.

And it's kind of sad to see that Ozzy matured somewhat. He never really had a dynamic personality, but I always sort of liked the fact that he acted like a curious little kid, running around and climbing on things.

And despite the presence of a former GAFfer, I hope video games don't play a role in this season. That Super Smash Bros. player a few seasons ago played to type.

DMeisterJ

Banned
SecretMoblin said:
This "Cochran" thing is already pissing me off. And "RUSSELL HANTZ'S NEPHEW", as I expected, is also pissing me off.

And it's kind of sad to see that Ozzy matured somewhat. He never really had a dynamic personality, but I always sort of liked the fact that he acted like a curious little kid, running around and climbing on things.

And despite the presence of a former GAFfer, I hope video games don't play a role in this season. That Super Smash Bros. player a few seasons ago played to type.

o_O There is a former GAFfer on this season?

And yes, Cochran -_-

789shadow

Banned
Good going Christine, you just fucked yourself. Seriously, all you had to do was not do anything and Coach would be gone.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Why do these reality shows keep casting superfans? Stop doing that!

Cochran is useless and should go, even though Semhar put herself in that idiotic position, he should go before her.

789shadow

Banned
DMeisterJ said:

Cochran is useless and should go, even though Semhar put herself in that idiotic position, he should go before her.
They should cast more, rather than recruiting.

DMeisterJ said:

It's because they cast all the superfans that are the equivalent of Survivor armchair quarterbacks. A lot of people think they can play Survivor, but much like all those idiots who yell at football referees and think they can call better plays than coaches who are paid to, when they actually get cast they're not up to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom