• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 sells 3 million copies in its first week.

Interfectum

BOOM!

BcRqI.jpg

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
I should probably play the copy I got of this and enjoy it.

It was the only one in the series I didn't pick up. The beta totally turned me off. Maybe I'll give it a second chance when it's on sale.

Zeliard said:
We're never gonna see Unreal Tournament again, are we?

Well, simple arena deathmatch games dont sell anymore it seems. UT3 sold terribly. Quake 3 era is over.

We are going to get a new single player based Unreal though, judging by Epic's comments.

LiK

OldJadedGamer said:
It was the only one in the series I didn't pick up. The beta totally turned me off. Maybe I'll give it a second chance when it's on sale.
Dang. Best one in series.

Shurs

OldJadedGamer said:

I was gonna wait 'til he price dropped, as I also don't like competitive Gears, but the deal at Kmart ($20 coupon, plus half off a 12 month Live Gold card) was too good to pass up.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
The exact figure I called in that prediction thread, and people were saying that it was too high, and it would only be a mil+. Told you all.

Well-deserved, and the game is a fucking blast - it's more than I expected, honestly. With Gears 1 & 2, I finished the Campaign multiple times and got all of the collectibles in the first week and went on to destroy in multiplayer, but here I am, still mixing Campaign, Horde & Beast into the mix, with MP actually being the mode I've spent the least amount of time in - I'm "only" a level 52 right now, and if I was only playing MP I'd definitely be in the late 70's/early 80's by now. That in itself is a huge accomplishment if Epic actually pulled me away from strictly MP.

Congrats guys at Epic - Cliff kept saying that you guys worked hard as hell on the game, and it definitely shows. This is probably the only shooter I'll play for years, even with Battlefield 3 on the horizon.

mocoworm

Have any other UK peeps seen the live in game stats on the GOW3 TV commercials ? I was really shocked when I saw it. It's totally unique.

At the end of the commercial it overlays text which says something like, 'Join 3,500,760 brothers who have already taken up the fight'

http://www.vg247.com/2011/09/21/gears-of-war-3-uk-tv-ads-to-display-live-in-game-stats/

http://uk.videogames.games.yahoo.com/3b/news/gears-3-gets-live-telly-ads-effa3b.html

http://www.rwdmag.com/2011/09/gears-of-war-3-to-run-live-adverts-on-uk-tv/

TommyT

All the hard work has payed off, good for Epic. I'm saying this from the campaign side of things as I'll never touch the multiplayer or other modes.

Arjen

Congrats Epic, well deserved.
Can we have Blood Drive, Azura and Rust long for free now? Pretty please?

Superimposer

This is getting weirder all the time
Really good news. Congrats Cliff and everyone at Epic. Campaign so far is probably my least favourite Gears campaign (heading into Act 5), but the multiplayer is hitting another level.

Top Bottom