• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA12 sold-through 3.2m Copies on Consoles, 879k on iOS In Under One Week

Pooya

http://investor.ea.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=611075

based on internal data by EA.

PR said:
Highest Rated Sports Videogame Of This Console Generation

Record 3.2 Million Units Sold-Through In Less Than One Week

Almost 350,000 Fans Connect To FIFA Ultimate Team Early Web-Start

Based on internal estimates since its September 27 launch in North America and September 30 worldwide, FIFA 12 has sold-through an estimated 3.2 million units across all consoles worldwide**, making it the biggest launch in the history of sports videogames and the biggest videogame launcsh of 2011 to date. These are preliminary EA estimates. EA plans to provide further information regarding sales of FIFA 12 during its earnings call for the second quarter of fiscal year 2012.

• FIFA 12 sell-through is estimated to be up approximately 23 percent over last year's record-breaking launch.
  • FIFA 12 for iPhone and iPad has already sold 879,000 units, and achieved the Top Grossing App for iPhone on 30 worldwide storefronts.
  • October 1, 2011 was the busiest day for online gaming in EA SPORTS history. Fans registered more than 10 million EA SPORTS game sessions, including almost eight million game sessions of FIFA 12.
  • Almost 350,000 fans engaged in the early web-start for FIFA 12 Ultimate Team via easportsfootball.com, and more than 14 million trades have already occurred within the Ultimate Team mode. For the first time ever, FIFA Ultimate Team is available on disc for fans to enjoy the thrill of building, managing and playing with their ultimate team of football superstars.
  • The launch of FIFA 12 also saw the introduction of EA SPORTS Football Club — the heartbeat of FIFA 12. Millions of fans around the world have already pledged their allegiance to their favourite team through the Support Your Club feature. To date, the clubs with the most supporters*** are:

Manchester United — 241,767 supporters
FC Barcelona — 144,709 supporters
Arsenal — 131,305 supporters
Real Madrid — 126,806 supporters
Liverpool — 118,182 supporters

iNvid02

congrats, been playing it a lot and its mind blowingly fun.

the new features are brilliant and almost everything else has been improved.

3.2m? Well that doesn't seem very high for FIF... "In Less Than One Week"...

meetthestil.jpg

Wording makes it sound like 3.2 million including iOS. In either case, iOS numbers easily dwarf PSP/DS/3DS, come at me bros.

EA said:
To date, the clubs with the most supporters*** are:

And yet, haven't both United and Arsenal been relegated in the Support Your Club thing?

onQ123

Sho_Nuff82 said:
Wording makes it sound like 3.2 million including iOS. In either case, iOS numbers easily dwarf PSP/DS/3DS, come at me bros.

it's crazy my cousin that's a big gamer has never bought Madden for any console that he owns but 2 months ago he shows up with Madden on his phone.

Fjordson

Not terribly shocking, but awesome. Really fun game. FIFA and NBA 2K really stepping up their game these past few years.

Sho_Nuff82 said:
Don't think so, cause it says 'across the consoles', and I doubt them considering iDevices consoles, and 2.3m will be low for a recent FIFA game I believe.

And not really, either. Even if %4 of those 3.2m is sold on the handhelds, considering the price, their revenue will be more than those iGames.

3.2m X 60 ($/€) = over 180m. Even if you multiply with 50 because of PSP & 3DS price, it's still 160m.
879k X 9.99 ($/€) = almost 9m.

Not to mention the 30% Apple takes.

So, even though iOS has great sales, revenue is another thing. Not to mention the DLC sales on consoles.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Good to hear as a player & as as an investor. Could be better as an Arsenal fan.

Dragon

Banned
Sho_Nuff82 said:

There are more iOS capable devices and the cost of buying it is significantly less, color me unsurprised.

bryehn

Not a bad week. Does this game have MLS in it? Please don't laugh at me, the last footy game I played was Winning Eleven 8 on Xbox.

bryehn said:
Not a bad week. Does this game have MLS in it? Please don't laugh at me, the last footy game I played was Winning Eleven 8 on Xbox.
Of course. Landon Donovan is on the cover of the US version.

JWong

Banned
bryehn said:
Yes it does.

And the Whitecaps are Star heads. 8D!!!

yurinka

Lagspike_exe said:
3.2m X 60 ($/€) = over 180m. Even if you multiply with 50 because of PSP & 3DS price, it's still 160m.

So, even though iOS has great sales, revenue is another thing. Not to mention the DLC sales on consoles.
As usual for a "AAA" iOS game.

Fjordson said:
Not terribly shocking, but awesome. Really fun game. FIFA and NBA 2K really stepping up their game these past few years.

2K sims the shit out of it's sport, FIFA has a long way to go to reach 2K's level for it's respective sport.

Road

walking fiend said:
Even if %4 of those 3.2m is sold on the handhelds, considering the price, their revenue will be more than those iGames.
3200000*0.04*30 = $3.84 million in revenue.

Less than the almost $9 million for iOS estimated above.

And 4% for the 3DS/PSP is being generous, considering the ratio was closer to 1% in the UK.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Well deserved

rvy said:
*Seabass cries*

jX42G.png

Seabass need to reboot the damn thing, it just don't cut it this gen so just stop it for a year or two and work on the engine and everything from scratch, or just bring back more arcadey ISS again.

pickwick

Lagspike_exe said:

Yes, but this is not 180m for electronic arts.

In france, for exemple, for a 60 euros games, we have :

16 % of the final price as Tax
28,5% of the final price for final distributors,
19% for the console manufacturer
14 % for another distributor
only 22% for editor/conceptor of the game.

As you see, revenue on retailed games is not that big. Electronic arts don't make 160 or 180 millions dollars of revenue with retailed version of FIFA 12.

http://www.afjv.com/chiffres/030718_chiffres05.htm

pickwick said:
Yes, but this is not 180m for electronic arts.

In france, for exemple, for a 60 euros games, we have :

16 % of the final price as Tax
28,5% of the final price for final distributors,
19% for the console manufacturer
14 % for another distributor
only 22% for editor/conceptor of the game.

As you see, revenue on retailed games is not that big. Electronic arts don't make 160 or 180 millions dollars of revenue with retailed version of FIFA 12.

http://www.afjv.com/chiffres/030718_chiffres05.htm

Umm those numbers sound way high. In USA I thought of a $60 game, it's about $10 to console license fee, about 10 to retailer. Manufacturing and distribution should not be very costly at all (they are cheap plastic and discs stamped, cost is almost nothing, they can fit a lot of boxes of 30 on a pallet, distribution should be VERY cheap per game also)...here tax is added to the price (so $60 game becomes ~65 at checkout).

I dunno, I think no less than $30 of a 60 game goes to publisher here. Possibly up to 40.

Scotch

I figured sales-age might find this interesting.

http://investor.ea.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=611075

Based on internal estimates since its September 27 launch in North America and September 30 worldwide, FIFA 12 has sold-through an estimated 3.2 million units across all consoles worldwide**, making it the biggest launch in the history of sports videogames and the biggest videogame launch of 2011 to date. These are preliminary EA estimates. EA plans to provide further information regarding sales of FIFA 12 during its earnings call for the second quarter of fiscal year 2012.
The launch of FIFA 12 also saw the introduction of EA SPORTS Football Club — the heartbeat of FIFA 12. Millions of fans around the world have already pledged their allegiance to their favourite team through the Support Your Club feature. To date, the clubs with the most supporters*** are:

Nyx

I would find it more interesting to see how many of those 3.2 million are already on 'used games' sections of sites and shops.

This year's Fifa gets so much hate online...

I don't have enough monies :(

Nyx said:
I would find it more interesting to see how many of those 3.2 million are already on 'used games' sections of sites and shops.

This year's Fifa gets so much hate online...

Only game I say this for a lot but local play 4 lief

Massa

Has anyone here played the iOS version? I wonder if it's good or just the PS2 game with touch controls.

Top Bottom