• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dungeon Defenders |OT| |XBLA PSN PC MAC iOS ANDROID| cross-platform coming soon

MRORANGE

dSY7U.png

qavJn.png

Official Website

0r8Ef.png

The game is already out on mobile platforms, the release date for the PC & XBLA is October the 19th, PS3 is October the 18th.
Mac version confirmed, no release date yet

2W6ye.png

U9pO5.jpg
BEkN2.jpg
csd7a.jpg
lkJUJ.jpg
lvwCL.jpg
7au5n.jpg
JkYYO.jpg

122eF.png

Dungeon Defenders is a third person tower defence game mixed with some rpg elements with online co-op. The goal in each game is to
defend Eternia Crystals from swarms of enemies. To help you in these tasks you can play as 4 classes each one with their own skill sets
and abilities as well as being able to level up and upgrade your character – oh did I mention you have pet companions who join you in
battle? By building towers and defences you can slow the enemies down and upgrade your towers, collect loot and getting ready to face
boss battles.

SeQYV.png

Tower-Defense Meets Action-RPG:
Choose your class, customize your your character & equipment, strategically assemble your defenses, and participate directly in
action-packed battle to preserve your castle against the invading horde!

Seamless online and Local Multiplayer:
Team-up with 3 friends to defend cooperatively, with character classes that support each other’s strengths and weaknesses. Dynamically
combine local (splitscreen) and online players, and leave/join any time, so that the game’s always full.

Distinct Character-Classes:
Each character class has a unique balance and set of weapons, towers, and special abilities, for a different style of gameplay.

Loot & Level-Up:
Grab the mounds of money and items that your defeated foes drop, trade them or store them for later use in your Item Box! G
etting Kills and Completing Waves earns you experience points, which can be used to upgrade your character, your skills, your
equipment, and your Towers on a per-statistic basis – do you want to enhance Hit Points, Attack Rate, Damage, etc? The choices are yours
to make. Store your massive overflow of money in the “Mana Bank”, and then spend it to improve your equipment or trade with other
players.

Relentless hordes of enemies and Massive Bosses:
Over 100 simultaneous enemies will attempt to tear through your defenses, and at key
points gigantic Boss Monsters will appear to rain down havoc upon everyone. Only by employing the most effective defensive strategies,
teamwork, and strong characters will you defeat such devilish foes! Many Enemy Types, run the gamut from big dumb Orcs swinging huge
axes, to sly lithe Dark Elves striking from the shadows with bow & arrow, to crazy Kobolds armed with explosive packs. Unique boss
monsters provide set-piece battles, among them a gargantuan Ancient Dragon and a cantankerous Goblin Mech.

Variety of levels and game modes:
Each level has a different visual setting, layout, enemy types, traps, and distinct scripted surprises. Four difficulty settings from
novice to master, which also adjust the rate of experience and loot earned. Storybook-style cinematics tell the tale throughout the
Campaign Mode, and endings vary depending on which characters were used. Survival Mode pits increasing waves of enemies against the
players until they fall, with the goal being to defend long enough to achieve the highest leaderboard score. Challenge Mode allows
players to play any level with uniquely altered rule sets and goals!

A Helpful Friend:
Discover cute “familiars”, pets which tag along during your adventure, and provide distinct status and gameplay effects. These too can
be levelled-up and customized, and even traded with other players… if you have the heart to part with your dear little friend!

Mod it, Create it, Remake it:
All gameplay code & source content ships with the PC version, so intrepid Dungeon Masters can modify or totally recreate the game to
their heart’s content!

jioOR.png

EFYtM.jpg
Xk6Y8.jpg
ig2nS.jpg
h2RIu.jpg

Apprentice
Donning his robe and wizard hat, the Apprentice is eager to delve deeper into the world of the arcane. Under the guidance of the Grand
Magus, the Apprentice has learned the art of conjuration. While summoning towers of mystical defense to aid him, he blasts his enemies
with waves of magic from a far.

Huntress
Trained in reconnaissance, the sleek and slender Huntress deploys deadly traps and explosives, but don’t let her physique perplex you.
This elegant she-devil is trained in ranged weaponry and is sure to always hit her mark. Raining down arrows and ammo from above,
the enemy never sees her coming.

Monk
The Monk, a once peaceful and passive student, has been called from his solitary meditation and forced to take up arms in the defence
of his land. Only he, through his expert spear fighting skill, can avenge the death of his master. Channeling his aura energies to heal
allies and cripple foes, the Monk is the ultimate team asset.

Squire
A brave knight-in-training, the Squire upholds the honor and nobility of his kingdom with every slice of his blade. Building defenses of
brute force the Squire prefers melee weapons as his instruments of justice. Bludgeoning spikes and whirling blades unleash the rage he
bestows upon his foes

zNLWf.png

mUIAQ.png

Dungeon Defenders - Announcement Trailer
Dungeon Defenders - Debut Gameplay Trailer
Dungeon Defenders for iOS Gameplay Footage
Dungeon Defenders Developer Diary
Dungeon Defenders, Steam Trailer

E0zJg.png

Steam demo, xbla & psn should also have demo's for the game

sHPAL.png

Electronic Gaming Monthly (9/10)

Original Xbox Magazine (9/10)

PC Gamer Magazine (77/100)

Playstation the Official Magazine (8/10)

@Gamer (4.5/10)

Destructoid Review: 9.5/10

Marooners' Rock (99/100)

Would You Kindly (4/5)

Evil Source Gaming (9.8/10)

UGO (B-)

Gamergeddon (9/10)

Mana Tank (8/10)

GameFocus (Editor's Choice)

Zi6B6.png

- The game only uses steamworks on the steam version of the game, or so I am told.
- we now have a Steam community Neogaf Gorup for Dungeon Defenders

A big thanks to Hitmonchan107 for getting all the latest reviews, cheers!

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Nice OP. Looking forward to this, had it on my wishlist for a while. Thanks Chesskid for gifting to me. Now I just hope I don't suck at it.

Smash88

Banned
xelios said:
Nice OP. Looking forward to this, had it on my wishlist for a while. Thanks Chesskid for gifting to me. Now I just hope I don't suck at it.

Waiting for my gift copy too Chesskid. *glares*

Looks like fun, definitely going to check it out.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
I bought this game primarily because of this trailer and my blind Valve fanboyism. Hopefully the game itself is pretty good!

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Mod it, Create it, Remake it:
All gameplay code & source content ships with the PC version, so intrepid Dungeon Masters can modify or totally recreate the game to
their heart’s content!
Sold.

Chesskid1

Banned
The Aperture Science Handheld Portal Device for the Huntress hero class. Constantly consuming energy when active, this device allows it’s user to open portals from one location to another and can be used to greatly extend a trap’s range, quickly teleport across the map, or confound enemies!

Four Team Fortress 2 Familiars:
The Heavy: Uses his Gatling gun to shoot at enemies from afar.
The Engineer: Repairs groups of nearby towers while you’re on the offensive.
The Medic: Heals a group of nearby allies amidst battle.
The Pyro: Uses a flame-thrower to set your foes on fire.

SWy2w.png

The PC version exclusives. i'm not sure if it's preorder stuff or if its for everyone. can't tell.

P2FmX.png

heavy <3, the classes included all do what they do in TF2, but in DD. awesome :D

LQ grabs from the video.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Chesskid1 said:
The PC version exclusives. i'm not sure if it's preorder stuff or if its for everyone. can't tell.

I think it's for everyone, just only on Steam.

Chesskid1

Banned
mrfolego said:
The store page doesn't say it but the steam trailer is titled Pre-Order Teaser

yeah that's the main reason i couldn't tell if they are preorder bonuses or if they are for everyone. preorder teaser could just mean it's a teaser to get people to preorder or referring to the items, who knows, but i'm leaning towards it's just steam exclusive stuff, cause that's what it says on the store page for it.

UberTag

Amazing. A fun action RPG/tower defense game coming out for my smartphone device of choic-

Oh wait, that's right. I have a Windows Phone. If I see this game at all, it'll be 3 years from now and not a SIMULTANEOUS release like iOS and Droid always get.

Hmmm... I wonder why that is. Well, I'll just buy it on my X360 or PS3 then.

Chesskid1

Banned
http://twitter.com/#!/trendyent

~info from twitter

"Also they are steam exclusive DLC and not simply pre-order DLC :)"

it's steam exclusive DLC not preorder bonus.

also on the twitter they said on launch day, there will be a demo and the stats from the demo will carry over to the full game, so don't play the prototype demo, it sucks anyways. it's also about 2GB instead of 1GB, which will be fixed later they said (says 1gb on steam).

mac version is coming, may not be ready in time for launch.

also feel free to add me to steam (Chesskid1). imma need some friends to play this game with :)

Lyphen said:
Justin Danford (Trendy's community manager) and I (Trendy CM intern) are planning to spotlight great mods. I'm definitely excited to see what comes out of the modding community.

Fantastic OP, MRORANGE. :^)

LuchaShaq

Banned
Tried this both on my asus transformer, and my evo 4g.

HATE the touch controls, they are really poor. If you are going to try this game make it on pc or console and do yourself the favor.

MRORANGE

can a mod fix the title please? needed to add the mac as another platform

Hitmonchan107 said:
Justin Danford (Trendy's community manager) and I (Trendy CM intern) are planning to spotlight great mods. I'm definitely excited to see what comes out of the modding community.

Fantastic OP, MRORANGE. :^)

thanks! that's fantastic news, will be pretty cool on what we might see.

Chesskid1 said:
http://twitter.com/#!/trendyent

~info from t
also on the twitter they said on launch day, there will be a demo and the stats from the demo will carry over to the full game, so don't play the prototype demo, it sucks anyways. it's also about 2GB instead of 1GB, which will be fixed later they said (says 1gb on steam).

mac version is coming, may not be ready in time for launch.

thanks for that! added the info to the OP

wilflare

lovely OP
was thinking of getting it on PSN via a gameshare
but seems like I'll be looking at the Steam version now :D -kiv on wishlist-

MightyKAC

Man it's about time this game came out. Like a lot of other folks here I'm torn between PC and PSN. I want those steam extras but I'd like to see what they're planning to do for the Vita release as well.

hmmm is there a single player campaign as well for this or is it strictly meant for multiplayer?

Also: the screen and gameplay looks kinda cluttered, i hope it will be playable.. waiting for a demo i guess but i am loving the artstyle and look of the world hmm

TGMIII

Pretty on the fence about this. I like the idea and the fact that it's going to be fully moddable but I think the artstyle is horrible, looks like a visual mess in the later stages.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Has anybody played the sequel, Dungeon Defenders Second Wave on Android? I am on the fence about buying it.

MRORANGE

Winnie the Pimp said:
hmmm is there a single player campaign as well for this or is it strictly meant for multiplayer?

Also: the screen and gameplay looks kinda cluttered, i hope it will be playable.. waiting for a demo i guess but i am loving the artstyle and look of the world hmm

awwyeahgurrl said:
Pretty on the fence about this. I like the idea and the fact that it's going to be fully moddable but I think the artstyle is horrible, looks like a visual mess in the later stages.

Yes it has single player, I think you guys are forgetting it's a tower defense game, at one point or another it's going to look like a clusterfuck when surge of enemies are pouring in.

TGMIII

MRORANGE said:
Yes it has single player, I think you guys are forgetting it's a tower defense game, at one point or another it's going to look like a clusterfuck when surge of enemies are pouring in.

The art just looks messy to me regardless, I'll probably get over it but I doubt I'll change my mind about how it looks if you get me.

awwyeahgurrl said:

TBH it is a pretty shit game IMHO. Installed it on iOS and uninstalled it after 30 minutes. Not even going to try the XBLA version.

TGMIII

NemesisPrime said:
TBH it is a pretty shit game IMHO. Installed it on iOS and uninstalled it after 30 minutes. Not even going to try the XBLA version.

I'd be fairly certain that the iOS version won't be anything like the PSN/XBLA/PC versions, at least I'd hope not.

garath

The phone version on my DroidX was a little tough to play. It was very cluttered, the controls were questionable at best. I remember thinking that it would be a pleasure to play on a real computer screen and with a controller (or mouse/kbd).

I'll give it a try for sure. Probably PC.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
Yeah this came out a while ago for the Android. As Garath said, it looks... cluttered. I wish I could describe it better. And touch controls are NOT good for this game.

It is the cheapest option, though.

MRORANGE

Reviews time!

A big thanks to Hitmonchan107 for getting all the latest reviews, cheers!

Electronic Gaming Monthly (9/10)

Original Xbox Magazine (9/10)

PC Gamer Magazine (77/100)

Playstation the Official Magazine (8/10)

@Gamer (4.5/10)

Destructoid Review: 9.5/10

Marooners' Rock (99/100)

Would You Kindly (4/5)

Evil Source Gaming (9.8/10)

UGO (B-)

Gamergeddon (9/10)

Mana Tank (8/10)

GameFocus (Editor's Choice)

looks like this game has got some damn pretty good solid scores considering it's launch window, congrats!

Shai-Tan

Banned
Ive been following this since that 2 week prototype they released to show what can be done with UDK. I was giving them encouragement back then to turn it into a full game. Glad to see it actually turned out well, lol

Looking back at my original comment way back I asked about camera controls with keyboard & mouse. Does anyone know how the final game controls on PC?

I couldn't stand the iOS version. Poor framerate, UI was a cluttered mess. But the concept was really amazing. I can't wait until tomorrow. Already preordered for the PC. Steam cloud saves make me happy. Can play at home and can also play when I bring my laptop to my mothers house.

Top Bottom