• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Casting Couch: Indiana Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok guys, Ford is too old and I don't want to see this franchise die with Swinging LaBeef.

Let's recast Indiana Jones and get this motherfuckin' franchise on the right track.

My pick:

Bradley-Cooper.jpg

Bradley Cooper. I'd prefer a no name but if I had to pick someone based on star power and actually having the "look" of the character, it would have to be him.

It has to be done GAF. Recast Indiana Jones!

z6rYW.jpg
[/IMG]

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I would be fine with a new franchise that borrows elements from Indy, but makes it its own in some cool way.

I don't think I want another Indy movie, though.

But if I had to choose someone, I'd probably go with Jon Hamm.

thetrin said:
I would be fine with a new franchise that borrows elements from Indy, but makes it its own in some cool way.

I don't think I want another Indy movie, though.

I want another Indiana Jones adventure with a young Indy. The character is timeless, just like Bond or Kirk.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
DoctorWho said:
I want another Indiana Jones adventure with a young Indy. The character is timeless, just like Bond or Kirk.
If it followed Young Indy, he'd have to be a lot younger than Bradley Cooper.

But I would be totally down for that. I loved the Young Indy books.

thetrin said:
If it followed Young Indy, he'd have to be a lot younger than Bradley Cooper.

But I would be totally down for that. I loved the Young Indy books.

Not a Young, Young Indy. I should have said an Indy in his prime. Although, I'm all cool with the idea of rebooting the Young Indy concept too. There's a lot to work with there.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
I've never been able to take Bradley Cooper seriously after noticing that one of his eyes is lower than the other. Sorry, freakshow, it's all I can think of when I look at you.

demon said:
I've never been able to take Bradley Cooper seriously after noticing that one of his eyes is lower than the other. Sorry, freakshow, it's all I can think of when I look at you.

Can't unsee.

I am undone.

Medalion

Banned
Say what you will about the overall plot and sidekick of Crystal Skull but I thought Harrison Ford had his moments as Indy

If we can get one more out of him I say let the franchise stop altogether, no prequels or reboots or sequel nonsense plz

Medalion said:
Say what you will about the overall plot and sidekick of Crystal Skull but I thought Harrison Ford had his moments as Indy

If we can get one more out of him I say let the franchise stop altogether, no prequels or reboots or sequel nonsense plz

I think there is absolutely nothing wrong with continuing Indy once Ford has stepped down. I think another actor will never be as good as Ford but the character has a lot of adventures left in him. It would be a shame to let such an iconic character go to waste.

It worked with Star Trek IMO and it can work here.

Medalion

Banned
DoctorWho said:
I think there is absolutely nothing wrong with continuing Indy once Ford has stepped down. I think another actor will never be as good as Ford but the character has a lot of adventures left in him. It would be a shame to let such an iconic character go to waste.

It worked with Star Trek IMO and it can work here.
For the reason no one will be better than Harrison Ford is the reason it should stop

We already have the Young Indy adventures

Medalion said:
For the reason no one will be better than Harrison Ford is the reason it should stop

We already have the Young Indy adventures

That's a silly reason to stop. Pine isn't as good as Shatner yet I still enjoyed Star Trek. No one can live up to Connery, yet I still enjoy the Bond films.

People said Tom Baker was the best Doctor, that doesn't stop anyone from filling in the shoes on that production.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
You know what I would love? If we could get Gaffer's to record themselves auditioning for the parts of an Indiana Jones reboot.

Medalion

Banned
DoctorWho said:
That's a silly reason to stop. Pine isn't as good as Shatner yet I still enjoyed Star Trek. No one can live up to Connery, yet I still enjoy the Bond films.

People said Tom Baker was the best Doctor, that doesn't stop anyone from filling in the shoes on that production.
You assume that a newly rebooted Indiana Jones will be as good as the rebooted Star Trek though

demon said:
What the fuck man

Medalion said:
You assume that a newly rebooted Indiana Jones will be as good as the rebooted Star Trek though

Just because we don't know that it might be as good we shouldn't try? For all we know the actor they choose could be every bit as good in the role. Then again, he could suck balls. I say it's worth the risk.

The series already got a turd with Ford in the role. Might as well try something new.

Medalion

Banned
I've always wanted to see a Ford Indy for the Fate of Atlantis, which of course was voice acted by an Indy impersonator who still sounded nothing like him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom