• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How the hell did Piers Morgan get his own show!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Example 3. (especially annoying 3 minutes in. FUCK!)

Piers is fucking annoying and a horrible interviewer, I agree.

I honestly don't even think he listens to or cares about what he's saying; he just can't get enough of the sound of his own voice.

They should have got this dude:

the-agenda-with-steve-paikin.jpg

Raydeen

Well in terms of the US.

Blame Donald Trump.

Morgan more then anyone proved how pointless Celebrity Apprentice is, with the blandest celebs making the most money simply because they have a rollerdex full of numbers rather then having to do anything.

Jeremy Clarkson is awesome:

From 2000 to 2006 Clarkson had a public feud with Piers Morgan, which began when Morgan published pictures of Clarkson kissing his BBC producer, Elaine Bedell.[108]

On the final Concorde flight, Clarkson threw a glass of water over Morgan during an argument.[108] In March 2004 at the British Press Awards, he swore at Morgan and punched him before being restrained by security; Morgan says it has left him with a scar above his left eyebrow.

He's the type of guy who, when you conduct any kind of a serious conversation with him, you just want to punch him in the face after a few minutes. That's probably why he has his own show: that kind of heated, irritating controversy is entertaining for some people.

I screamed at the TV a couple of days ago when I saw he had a special on (UK).
The man is so polarising. I can't stand him, but some people seem to absolutely love him.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
sionyboy said:
I for one thank our American cousins for taking Piers off our hands.

Such a massive cunt.

A thousand times this, I lost a ton of respect for CNN when they picked him up. I mean sure theyre still a shitty 24 hours new network but they were the best of the bunch. Why cant they make a program like Charlie Rose, and actually have intelligent and informative interviews and discussion?

leadbelly

Banned
He's seen as a bit of a twat in his own country.

Objectively speaking, I don't think he is actually a bad interviewer. That particular interview he was a bit of a dick, for sure, but generally speaking he does seem to ask intelligent questions. He is obviously quite religious and got a bit too carried away in that interview.

Joates

Banned
Raydeen said:
Well in terms of the US.

Blame Donald Trump.

Morgan more then anyone proved how pointless Celebrity Apprentice is, with the blandest celebs making the most money simply because they have a rollerdex full of numbers rather then having to do anything.

Wait you mean to tell me its who you know, not what you know?

Color me surprised...

Enduin said:
A thousand times this, I lost a ton of respect for CNN when they picked him up. I mean sure theyre still a shitty 24 hours new network but they were the best of the bunch. Why cant they make a program like Charlie Rose, and actually have intelligent and informative interviews and discussion?

It probably says a lot that his TV show in Britain is just him making d-list celebrities.

I can only think that when CNN phoned for a reference, someone lied through their teeth about him.

He was a hated weasel asshole who ran a newspaper of lies that got fired for telling one lie too many.

..who's PR man then got him a job on Britain Got Talent where he pretended to be a nice guy and then got a UK primetime show where he asked some C list celebs some questions that made them cry while he nodded in sympathy.

People in the UK still scratch their heads at how he got the CNN gig.

Clegg

I thought he was a cunt when he did Britains Got Talent and he's 10 times worse now.

The man is a complete tabloid hack.

leadbelly

Banned
IdreamofHIME said:
He was a hated weasel asshole who ran a newspaper of lies that got fired for telling one lie too many.

..who's PR man then got him a job on Britain Got Talent where he pretended to be a nice guy and then got a UK primetime show where he asked some C list celebs some questions that made them cry while he nodded in sympathy.

People in the UK still scratch their heads at how he got the CNN gig.

I think it's because he's British. It's the implied intelligence of his accent.

I don't particularly like him myself, but he is capable of doing the job.

leadbelly

Banned
Vik_Vaughn said:
I'm here to say that I agree with the OP and Piers Morgan is a total twat.

lol

The way you've written that is almost like everyone is disagreeing with the OP and you're sticking up for him. There is pretty much a consensus now in this thread that Piers is a twat. :D

RedShift

The thing which worries me most is what the British side of the bargain was to get the Americans to take him off us. We owe them a serious favour.

Here's a great video of two awesome people, Ian Hislop and Jeremy Clarkson, talking about their great love for Morgan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRgSRanhgmM

Also contains a brilliant Stephen Fry joke, "What's the definition of countryside?
Murdering Piers Morgan

the chris

sionyboy said:
I for one thank our American cousins for taking Piers off our hands.

Such a massive cunt.
We already took Russell Brand off your hands for a little bit, why do we have to take Piers Morgan too?

the chris said:
We already took Russell Brand off your hands for a little bit, why do we have to take Piers Morgan too?

And we almost gave you Cheryl Cole too!

I'm sure there's a reason we keep doing this to you, let me go check the singles chart :p

no angel

sionyboy said:
It probably says a lot that his TV show in Britain is just him making d-list celebrities.

I can only think that when CNN phoned for a reference, someone lied through their teeth about him.
Have you never had someone work for you that you desperately want to get rid of? You start managing them out of the business in the hope they'll get the hint and fuck off. And when they do finally get that hint and apply for another job you give them the best fucking reference your creative mind can produce. It's the way of the world.

Pretty sure that's what happened with Piers, he's right up there with genital warts when it comes to likeability and talent.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Ugh, one of the people I hate the most, a lying shitbag who will stoop to anything. Plus he's an Arsenal fan. I suppose I'm glad we in the UK no longer have to suffer his presence. He's all yours America!

nemesun

I rather have Osama as a fan than Piers "fucking" Morgan. Scum of a human being and an absolute embarrassment to Gooners all over the world.

Empty

i don't know, but i'm sure glad the wanker fucked off out of this country. would have been nice if he'd got tangled in the whole news int hacking affair so his reputation could get another public bollocking, but nothing can be that perfect.

Cmagus

DanteFox said:
He's no Larry King, but I have to respect he's got balls and doesn't sugarcoat interviews.

I kind of agree although i loathe Larry King. Piers Morgan is an arrogant douche but like you said he still does ask good questions I have seen many interviews on his show where he actually has the balls unlike the rest of the people at CNN to ask questions and persist with them.

Clegg

His treatment of Ian Hislop was cuntery of the highest order.

Hislop ripped him to shreds on a TV show. Days after Morgan had his newspaper reporters trying to dig up dirt on Hislop but were unsuccessful.

FFS he had him followed and everything. He's a complete cunt that made shit newspapers even worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom