• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My friend cheats so I told on him to my mom and lied to his wife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majmun

I'm not someone who breaks a guy code, but this has annoyed me the last couple of months. One of my better friend is cheating on his wife, who's also a good friend of mine. And the worst part is that he brags about the girls he's banging behind his wife's back. He tells me everything about his escapades. He even shows me the pictures he makes during the sex. I'm like wtf and and am not impressed. And when I ask him why he cheats on his wife, he tells me that its a natural thing to do for a male.

?!!?

I mean like WTF? His wife is a great woman. They're married for over a year now and they have an adorable son together.

But this can't go on...

Should I snitch, or should I let this go on happening until his wife discovers it herself? I feel really bad for his wife. She's a great woman. But I'm afraid I'm going to ruin the whole relationship if I say something...

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Second said:
I'm not someone who breaks a guy code, but this has annoyed me the last couple of months. One of my better friend is cheating on his wife, who's also a good friend of mine. And the worst part is that he brags about the girls he's banging behind his wife's back. He tells me everything about his escapades. He even shows me the pictures he makes during the sex. I'm like wtf and and am not impressed. And when I ask him why he cheats on his wife, he tells me that its a natural thing to do for a male.

?!!?

I mean like WTF? His wife is a great woman. They're married for over a year now and they have an adorable son together.

But this can't go on...

Should I snitch, or should I let this go on happening until his wife discovers it herself? I feel really bad for his wife. She's a great woman. But I'm afraid I'm going to ruin the whole relationship if I say something...

gsp_interview_ufc79.jpg

Mikey Jr.

You'll ruin the relationship for sure, plus you'll separate the son's parents.

Not sure what you should do man.

dude

dude
Do whatever you want. I'm personally not a fan of meddling in other people's affairs, but if a person is dumb enough to cheat he should be ready to face the consquences.

joelseph

You need to sit the man down and talk some sense into him. Shame him into stopping. That is as far as I would take it. Tough situation for sure.

Busty

Banned
Second said:
One of my better friend is cheating on his wife, who's also a good friend of mine. And the worst part is that he brags about the girls he's banging behind his wife's back. He tells me everything about his escapades. He even shows me the pictures he makes during the sex. I'm like wtf and and am not impressed.....

Your friend's end game here is to have sex with YOU.

This other woman is merely a pawn in this man's very complex web of sexual intrigue.

He sounds like a shithead. Go ahead and tell her. And when he asks why tell him its what a natural thing for a male to do.

Don't say you don't break guy code then intend to do so.

well that solves everything!

Zaptruder

Banned
The obvious answer here is to tell his wife and suggest that the correct way to get back at him would be by sleeping with you.

Number45

Stet said:
Seriously, though, it's not your place to tell her. But tell him that what he's doing is a bitch-ass thing to do. Doesn't sound like the kind of person you should be friends with, to be honest.
This seems like the logical course of action.

If they are happy when they are together, mind your own business. You will ruin both of their lives, and lose two friends. Absolutely NOTHING good will come from your telling her this. It will break up their family, and if they have kids fuck the kid up in the process.

Also, how to you know they dont have an open relationship and she does a similar thing?

tranciful

I don't really get the 'mind your own business' people. The guy is cheating without remorse -- wife deserves to know what a scumbag he is so she can decide what she wants to do with the rest of her life.

He doesn't sound like the brightest bulb in the box, nor does he sound particularly careful. He's fucking documenting it, he'll get busted without your intervention sooner or later.

Majmun

AiTM said:
Friends with his wife? Sounds to me like you want her and are mad he got her.

I know the wife longer than I know him. She's been a longtime friend of mine. Never been attracted to her though. Not my type.

Both of them are really great together. They seem happy together. But I'm annoyed by his cheating. And he doesn't think that cheating is wrong. I'm talking about a 25 year old man here....

Jenga

Banned
lol

dude gets cheated: oh wow dude she is such a slut dump her and forget her
dude wants to warn female friend of being cheated on: omg mind ur own business snitches get STICHES!!

CrankyJay

Banned
Jarmel said:
If he's friends with the wife as well then he sorta has an obligation to tell her.

No he doesn't. It's not his place.

He can tell his friend he's a fucking douchebag but that's pretty much the extent of it.

Mikey Jr. said:
You'll ruin the relationship for sure, plus you'll separate the son's parents.

Not sure what you should do man.

This. Ruining the friendship with both people (more than likely), breaking up a marriage, and taking away a kid's father (potentially).

I wouldn't do it, but I'd have a stern talking with the guy.

Hanmik

Tell her.. It's the only right thing to do..Fuck some made up code.. There is a reason why people get married, and it most certainly is not to fuck around.

NewFresh

Talk to him in a serious manner about what he is doing. Explain that he is hurting his wife and marriage by doing so.

Then if nothing comes from this stop being friends with him and tell her. (assuming you have some sort of friendship with her)

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
CrankyJay said:
ONE WEEK

p.s. Mind your own fucking business.

Dr Eggman said:
Mind your own business.

Stet said:
Tell him he has one week to confess or you'll do it for him.

Seriously, though, it's not your place to tell her. But tell him that what he's doing is a bitch-ass thing to do. Doesn't sound like the kind of person you should be friends with, to be honest.

He is friends with the wife as well.

If you guys found out that your friends wife was cheating on him... would you tell him?

mikeybwright said:
This. Ruining the friendship with both people (more than likely), breaking up a marriage, and taking away a kid's father (potentially).

I wouldn't do it, but I'd have a stern talking with the guy.

DON'T lay the blame on him. The blame solely lies on the cheating husband. If she finds out, however she may find out, the husband will be the one who breaks up the marriage.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Busty said:
Wait. What?

Are you the wife?
He is friends with both of them. Unless you are suggesting there is some bullshit gender based loyalty that must be observed here.

Others are saying telling her will just ruin both of their lives. I am saying that the cheating dude is already doing that and that if I were the wife, I would want to be told.

y2dvd

Tell him to get his act together and that he needs to tell her or else you will. Give him the chance to come clean first.

Dali

tranciful said:
I don't really get the 'mind your own business' people. The guy is cheating without remorse -- wife deserves to know what a scumbag he is so she can decide what she wants to do with the rest of her life.
Wife may already know and just look the other way for the sake of the marriage or kids or something. Who knows. Either way it's literally none of his business. It's an issue between man and wife, not man, wife, and self-righteous guy that wants to feel good about doing the right thing. If it's bothering him so much that he has an asshole friend, then stop hanging with the guy.

msv

Give him he option of telling it himself. If he doesn't follow through, definitely tell her yourself. The guy is obviously some sort of sociopath, and the wife deserves to know.

And the people saying 'you'll separate the son's parent's', what? The separation is entirely the choice of the parents. It'll probably be good for the son in the long run as well, he'll see that lying to people and going behind their backs will hurt them.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Actually, hold up. Perhaps instead of straight up telling her, you should arrange a way for him to get caught by tipping off the wife.

That way he will know she is capable of catching him cheating, and if somehow they reconcile, he wouldn't do that shit again.

If he gets caught knowing she was just told by a friend, he will still feel like he's able to get away with it, and will continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom