• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix 1st Production Dept. Developing Action RPG For PS3 and Vita On Unity

V_Ben

Banned
I think the fact that it's Unity powered is the most interesting thing to me. Great to see that engine finally get some major backing on home consoles, Rochard looked GREAT.

Aha. Wasn't there some dude on GAF earlier going on and on about how 3rd party companies wouldn't want to make exclusives for Sony because of how popular Xbox is ....

Oh, Irony, how I love thee.

Aha. Wasn't there some dude on GAF earlier going on and on about how 3rd party companies wouldn't want to make exclusives for Sony because of how popular Xbox is ....

If they're targeting a Japanese market, of course they'd want it on the PS3 over the XBox.

Didn't the Type-0 trademark registry have logos for Type-1, Type-2, Type-3, etc.? I'm thinking it's Type-1, 2014 release date.

Kyon

Banned

Probably a game for the japanese market so Sony exclusive makes perfect sense

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

If it's for PS3 and Vita, then it probably has connectivity features. How would they port that to the Xbox? What the hell is ironic here?

sublimit

Banned
One listing is for a planner to do work related to player character growth and customization, including job properties, ability properties, a growth system, and a customization system.

Another listing, asks for planners to work on gameplay over a 3D field. The job consists of creating play elements for flying an airship over a world map, and planning gameplay for within an air ship, including things like inn functionality, customization elements and checking up on game progress.

This sounds like the Squaresoft of old.I'm hyped.

This sounds like a Final Fantasy title.

FFVII remake
;)

Seriously though, a new FF for Vita/PS3 would be lovely. Perhaps this is the FFX HD title? As in, a full on remake, not just a port? Or a new FF?

I hope the Versus Team is behind it so Versus can be forever be put on Hiatus or canned.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
FFVII:Before Crisis Remake

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

I sure hope so.

And I don't think this is going to be the last you'll see of Square Enix and PS3/Vita games. This makes two in production. It's nice for them because it's still technically "multiplatform" lol

Slime

Banned
I'm afraid this whole "developing a Vita version in tandem with the console game" trend is going to become the norm for the platform, and that it's just a variation of PSP's problem with ports. I wonder if we'll ever see Square Enix bother to develop anything specifically for the platform, what with FFX being another case like this, and their two launch titles being obvious PSP up-ports. Even KojiPro seems to be taking this route, where previously they developed games specifically for the handheld. It makes much more sense business-wise, but I fear for the quality of Vita's library. If it's going to be littered with all these inferior portable versions of home console games, why should I want one?

Top Bottom