• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry HD Collection Dated - April 3, 2012 for NA/EU - $39.99

Seda

http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregama..._may_cry_hd_collection_release_date_confirmed

Old-school Devil May Cry fans will be delighted to know that we've locked down a release date for the upcoming Devil May Cry® HD Collection. This collection, which includes Devil May Cry, Devil May Cry 2, and Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening Special Edition will be released in both North America and Europe on Tuesday April 3, 2012 for the MSRP of $39.99 on both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.The collection will also feature some bonus content and of course, support for Trophies and Achievements.

Achievements have been listed for the collection:

http://devilmaycry.org/623/jackpot-devil-cry-hd-collection-achievementstrophies-revealed.html
Leaked from Xbox360Achievements.org

99 Achievements total. Great to hear for achievement hunters!

Previous thread

Carbonox

This works for me. February would have been too packed as it is, so it's nice some devs are pushing their titles a bit further out.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
So what should we expect here? DMC 1 and 3 (2 doesn't exist) with the DMC4 engine? I haven't seen any media.

Not a bad price. I expected worse after RE4 and RE:CV at 20 each, though some weird people say DMC2 doesn't exist so I guess it's the same here ;3

RickA238

The originals are fine (obviously not talking about the unplayable DMC2).

If you really want beefed up graphics, a PC with PCSX2 will blow these HD ports out of the water.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
$40 is ridiculous for a straight port of 2 ancient games, then again this is Capcom we're talking about.

I can't tell whether this is a joke about DMC2 not existing or whether you are seriously complaining about Capcom pricing the collection exactly the same way as pretty much every other HD collection that has been released.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I can't tell whether this is a joke about DMC2 not existing or whether you are seriously complaining about Capcom pricing the collection exactly the same way as pretty much every other HD collection that has been released.

I think it's both

It's funny, because it would be in line with what Capcom charged for RE4HD and RE:CVHD even if DMC2 didn't exist.

Yeah and personally I wouldn't(and didn't) buy those games at that price either.

but atleast this is retail over here so it'll be at a reduced price eventually

Don't get why people are surprised tho

Carbonox

Hate for Dmc2 is incredible. The game is still better then half of this gen action games.

Sure, it's better than Heavenly Sword but uh...that's really it? Unless you're also including Musou games but then that's unfair as they're not the same type of game. I can't really think of any other shitty hack-and-slash titles.

So yeah, I dunno about "HALF". :p

Nonetheless, it's a competent action game. Just awful compared with Devil May Cry and Devil May Cry 3, which is really what you have to compare it to.

GrayFoxPL

Name a couple.

Afro Samurai
Dynasty Warriors 6
Golden Axe
Heavenly Sword
Hellboy: The Science of Evil
Kick-Ass
Splatterhouse
Watchmen
X-Blades
Enslaved
Should I go on? That's just a pint of games in similar genre. Listing worse games in general would take ages.

Seriously making dmc2 one worst games ever made is some kind of senseless meme.
I bet we'll get lots of "hey, it's not bad" posts once this comes out.

rvy

Banned
Afro Samurai
Dynasty Warriors 6
Golden Axe
Heavenly Sword
Hellboy: The Science of Evil
Kick-Ass
Splatterhouse
Watchmen
X-Blades
Enslaved
Should I go on? That's just a pint of games in similar genre. Listing worse games in general would take ages.

Seriously making dmc2 one worst games ever made is some kind of senseless meme.
I bet we'll get lots of "hey, it's not bad" posts once this comes out.
DMC2 isn't a bad game. It's just bad by DMC and DMC3 standards.

JoeFenix

This trailer seems to have fixed some of the graphical issues that were in the older, otherwise identical trailer.

Glad to see that the versions might turn out ok afterall!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I will play the living shit out of this game.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
and why I don't lend people my shit.

You can come over and hang out and play it but that's it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
You guys are cruel... I always lend out my stuff.

This is also the reason why 20+ of my PS1 games are gone :(

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
You guys are cruel... I always lend out my stuff.

This is also the reason why 20+ of my PS1 games are gone :(

I actually have a 2nd MGS PS2 collection I bought for cheap to lend out to friends who had never played the games before.

I think I've lent the set out to 3 people

It's in disgusting condition. I'm afraid to ask what they did with the games besides play them

This is great news! But i may have to pass on this for Xenoblade Chronicles.

I feel like XC is a rare gem and it's hard to get a hold of since it won't print enough copies for everyone. It reminds me of DQ V for NDS since they chose not reprint cuz of not enough demand. Definitely preordering that one first to get that out of the way.

I'll probably get that (DMC collection) for my birthday in Aug.

Top Bottom