• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So did Resident Evil PSP become Resident Evil Revelations for 3DS?

I never heard an official explanation of what happened to the PSP Resident Evil that was announced two years ago at E3. I'm assuming it became Revelations, but does anyone know for sure? Did it ever start development? Was it moved to VIta?

Is there a version floating around somewhere of it like RE 1.5 for PS1?

[Nintex]

I don't think it ever entered production or got past pre-production, Capcom never revealed who was working on it either.

Foffy

Banned
All that was revealed was a logo at Sony's event, that's it...I think.

That and Resident Evil Damnation haven't been heard of since their initial reveals, so I assume both are cancelled. Nothing was said of either in 2011. I figure if they existed still, they would have been in the anniversary video.

I never heard an official explanation of what happened to the PSP Resident Evil that was announced two years ago at E3. I'm assuming it became Revelations, but does anyone know for sure? Did it ever start development? Was it moved to VIta? Is there a version floating around somewhere of it like RE 1.5 for PS1?

As far we know it was shovelware, some say it was Operation Raccon City, before it was canned and become a HD title.

I'd say it never actually existed just like DMC PSP.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Niro theorized that Raccoon City was RE PSP initially.

Edit: No way. He's like beetlejuice.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
And what would be your reasoning for that?

Well, we knew three things about the game:
-It was for PSP.
-The title screen featured Raccoon City.
-It was a "very different direction" for the series.

Operation Raccoon City is a game that takes place in Raccoon City, is made by famed PSP developer Slant Six, and is a very different direction for the series.

It also seems to have come into existence around the same time as RE:pSP was first being talked about.

Spiegel

And what would be your reasoning for that?

- Deal between Capcom USA and SCEA because Capcom Japan seemingly had nothing to do with the game or even knew about the announcement.
- Raccoon City background
- Developer worked on Socom games for PSP

EDIT

NIROLAAAKKK

That and Resident Evil Damnation haven't been heard of since their initial reveals, so I assume both are cancelled. Nothing was said of either in 2011. I figure if they existed still, they would have been in the anniversary video.

Yeah, I wondered what happen to that. I believe the website is still up and at least it had a video trailer.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
creepy-hand-fingers-tksarz.jpg

Sylver

Banned
I never heard an official explanation of what happened to the PSP Resident Evil that was announced two years ago at E3. I'm assuming it became Revelations, but does anyone know for sure? Did it ever start development? Was it moved to VIta?

Is there a version floating around somewhere of it like RE 1.5 for PS1?

This is the only thing we got about PSP RE:
6mxfs.jpg

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
See, Takao? PSP is so irrilevant that a thread about a game formerly announced for it, but then disappeared is becoming a thread about Nirolak's ability of being everywhere.

fernoca

Yeah, I wondered what happen to that. I believe the website is still up and at least it had a video trailer.
Damnation was always a 2012 release; so guess we'll hear more about it soon...since the fifth live-action movie is also coming this year (September).

Teaser/Trailer for Retribution debuts next week online and in 3D before Underworld (the movie was apparently renamed to 'Re5ident Evil: Retribution'. :p).

Foffy

Banned
Damnation was always a 2012 release; so guess we'll hear more about it soon...since the fifth live-action movie is also coming this year (September).

Teaser/Trailer for Retribution debuts next week online and in 3D before Underworld (the movie was apparently renamed to 'Re5ident Evil: Retribution'. :p).

True, but not hearing anything about it last year? Not even teaser trailers at events like they did Degeneration?

Kyoufu

I'm with Nirolak on this. I bet it was supposed to be a 4 player adhoc love-fest chasing that Monster Hunter money.

ace3skoot

it never really existed...its like Bioshock vita, a money hats announcement with no substance, all the hype for the system, none of the development costs.

Sectus

This was asked on Capcom forums and a Capcom employee said the RE PSP project wasn't related to Revelations at all. He didn't say anything beyond that though.

Xav

Sony: So we got this PSP thing, it's basically a mini PS2?
Capcom: Sweet
Sony: You in?
Capcom: Yeah, go ahead and say Resident Evil & Devil May Cry are coming.
Sony: Really? Awesome :)
Capcom: *Mumbles under breath* we'll probably get round to making those eventually

Some time later...

Sony: What happened?
Capcom: Oh ermm Devil May Cry isn't happening
Sony: Oh okay
Capcom: Errr just re-announce Resident Evil. We'll come up with something
Sony: Okay cool.

Some time later...

Sony Employee 1: Hey anyone still got Capcom's number?
Sony Employee 2: Nah, I got rid of it after they gave 3DS Monster Hunter 4.

*Everyone just casually moved on after*

Mupod

This was asked on Capcom forums and a Capcom employee said the RE PSP project wasn't related to Revelations at all. He didn't say anything beyond that though.

I remember reading that somewhere, I just couldn't remember where and assumed it was on news site. That would explain why I couldn't find it, I guess.

DR2K

Banned
I think both RE:Rev and KH3d both started out on the PSP, but got shifted to 3DS because of poor software sales.

[Nintex]

Well, we knew three things about the game:
-It was for PSP.
-The title screen featured Raccoon City.
-It was a "very different direction" for the series.

Operation Raccoon City is a game that takes place in Raccoon City, is made by famed PSP developer Slant Six, and is a very different direction for the series.

It also seems to have come into existence around the same time as RE:pSP was first being talked about.

Interesting, kinda like how Assassins Creed 3DS turned into Assassins Creed: Revelations.

Top Bottom