• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demos coming to North American 3DS eShop, too

Didn't see a separate thread for this:
Nintendo said:
Nintendo 3DS™ owners soon will be able to play free downloadable demo versions of select games. Starting tomorrow, owners can go to the Nintendo eShop to download a free demo version of Resident Evil® Revelations from Capcom. A free demo version of Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games™ published by SEGA will launch on Jan. 26. The Nintendo eShop will be periodically updated with new game demos.

"The demo program allows Nintendo 3DS players to be among the first to test-drive select games," said Tony Elison, Nintendo of America's senior director and general manager of Network Business. "Players can try out new genres or series, often weeks before the full versions are available in stores."

Additional demos coming soon include Rayman® Origins from Ubisoft and METAL GEAR SOLID® Snake Eater 3D from Konami Digital Entertainment. Specific dates and other games in the demo program will be announced at a later time.

Remember that Nintendo 3DS features parental controls that let adults manage the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/3ds.
Source: http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/qzrG-nL807Jw0g1W7wZ7TqmJLj0hYpwn

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man, can't wait to try out Resident Evil: Revelations tomorrow -- Rayman Origin's is a surprise, I was considering getting it for the 3DS too.

Mrbob

We are truly experiencing a new age of gaming.

I am really looking forward to seeing how Rayman looks in 3D.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Wasn't it 30 plays in Japan for the RE demo?

Intrigued at the Rayman demo. Any differences (Other than obviously in 3D) than the console versions?

FoneBone

Weird that the Cooking Mama and Rhythm Thief demos are only announced for Europe, while the Rayman demo is only announced for NA.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Weird that the Cooking Mama and Rhythm Thief demos are only announced for Europe, while the Rayman demo is only announced for NA.

They just highlighted some of the upcoming demos and didnt name all - im pretty sure all those demos will be on both stores, except for retail releases which are exclusive for the region.

FoneBone

They just highlighted some of the upcoming demos and didnt name all - im pretty sure all those demos will be on both stores, except for retail releases which are exclusive for the region.

No, I agree, just weird that they didn't name the same demos in both press releases. IMO.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Happy 2012. We truly are living in the future.

Of1Owl.jpg

GaussTek

Good news... but does anyone know if demos will be restricted in someway? I mean, I remember reading somewhere that the Ace Combat Demo (Japan) was restricted to 3 play times or something like that.

Top Bottom