• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony Kart

Emitan

why does a pony need a go-kart

HRwEF.jpg

How confused are you now?

aasoncott

Haha, I love that it starts with a giant Hasbro logo, implying that it's an officially-licensed game, and then beneath that it says it's "in no way affiliated with Hasbro" and has "no intention to generate profit", as if that gives them a pass for infringing on their copyright.

shaowebb

Read their stuff on the site. 4 Tracks, free, opensource, mane 6 only, single player only since its only being done in spare time by fans to get their names out, has a lot of people on it, items in the works, background ponies will be in the backgrounds and overall looks great.

Initially they seem to just be focusing on making certain they make something that works properly so nothing too ambitious. They went with Karts because drifting and other race mechanics would be awkward to do if they were just running. Looks better than any licensed game I would imagine Hasbro landing. They should pick this project and its team up on the cheap IMO.

shaowebb

I'm liking the opensource option. I'm gonna model me a DJ Pon-3 and see if I can't give it a nervous tick of headbobbing should the opensource thing pan out.

shaowebb

Stupid friendship!
lol

Anyhow back to ponies. Anyone else here hoping they pull through on that opensource tidbit with plans of taking it for a ride? I was already gonna model ponies for 3d Printing anyhow, but this has a lot of potential for memories. Kart making especially. Their concept art for Fluttershy's Kart has hamsters in balls for the wheels.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
"By Blizzard and Valve Software"

So, this is fake then?

ghst

thanks for the laugh
Bronies are never alone, they got each other
as clopclop makes abundantly clear.

Read their stuff on the site. 4 Tracks, free, opensource, mane 6 only, single player only since its only being done in spare time by fans to get their names out, has a lot of people on it, items in the works, background ponies will be in the backgrounds and overall looks great.

Initially they seem to just be focusing on making certain they make something that works properly so nothing too ambitious. They went with Karts because drifting and other race mechanics would be awkward to do if they were just running. Looks better than any licensed game I would imagine Hasbro landing. They should pick this project and its team up on the cheap IMO.
in short, play this if you like really fucking terrible games and are emotionally challenged.

shaowebb

"By Blizzard and Valve Software"

So, this is fake then?

Nope, its a real game being made; this is all pre-alpha. It was a joke about how Valve and Blizzard take a lot of time on games so they made the joke of trade marking the "Coming Soon" phrase to those studios.

Top Bottom