• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Photography Assignment Thread 125: Toys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avocado

Theme: Toys

Submissions are due by Sunday, February 19th 11:59 PM.

Voting begins Monday February 20th at 12:00 AM and ends Tuesday February 21st at 11:59 PM

1) The theme can be interpreted as you see fit, but keep in mind others will be judging based on whatever criteria they see fit.

2) Only one photo per person, per assignment.
-- Photos must be taken during the assignment period.
-- Only photos to be posted in this thread are to be submissions.
-- You can change your submission by editing your post.
-- To avoid cluttering up the thread, please avoid quoting images.
-- Photos posted in assignment thread should be no larger than 1024 pixels on the long edge. You may include a link to a higher resolution version.

3) One vote for your first choice (3 points) and one vote for your runner-up (1 point), which can be based on any criteria you see fit. You cannot vote for your own submission. Non-participants are also welcome to vote. Criticism/comments encouraged.

4) The "winner" should come up with a new theme/time period. Ties are broken first by the number of first choice votes, then by longest time since last win/thread start, then by longest amount of time participating in assignment threads.

5) Have fun!

GAF Photography Assignment Threads FAQ

Red

I have an idea.

I took a couple shots so far but they're probably nsfw. Gonna try a new direction.

aparisi2274

Ok, so this was a spur of the moment shot, that I thought of while at work....

6841813383_84baabc6cc_z.jpg

Camera Apple iPhone 4S
Exposure 0.05 sec (1/20)
Aperture f/2.4
Focal Length 4.3 mm
ISO Speed 80
Flash Auto, Did not fire

"See No Evil, Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil"

Red

This assignment has reminded me I own no childhood toys.

I had to scrounge around for my fiance's old dolls at her parents' house.

If I can find more, I'll hopefully be able to update this.

We Were Not Prepared

toys.jpg

Avocado

Aww, I expected everyone would at least have some LEGO or a teddybear laying around. We can extend the period with one week if need be.

pringles

Aww, I expected everyone would at least have some LEGO or a teddybear laying around. We can extend the period with one week if need be.
I've got some ideas, just been terribly sick for the past week and haven't the energy to get any photos. I'll definitely do something before the deadline.

h3eVQ.jpg

Canon 7D, 85mm f/1.2L, ISO 200, 1/30 sec, f/11

This is a diecast metal coin bank, part of a series put out by Texaco commemorating classic old airplanes. I hung it up on a thread (which I cloned out) in front of a blue foam core backdrop, used polyester pillow stuffing for the clouds, and lit it with my 3-tungsten lamp set.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
WTF, Lucky. So good! Especially given all of your real life airplane photography!

Naka

This is my first time entering. Someone in the LEGO thread liked my pic and told me to enter, so I figured why not.

b22f24fc58ee11e180c9123138016265_7.jpg

"This is all your fault..."

iPhone 4S Camera, filter is Lo-Fi with some tilt shift on the background.

pringles

I have an idea that I'll try to execute during the weekend if I get my hands on an assistant and if the weather agrees. Otherwise, I'll leave this here:

Naka

Naka... How the fuck

Is that tilt shift effect in-camera??

As someone else said it's an option in Instagram. The filter really made the colors pop too. I can post the original somewhere if you'd like to see it. Honestly, I was really surprised how well it turned out. I was just trying to take some fun pics for the LEGO thread and that's what I got. The camera on the 4S is really amazing for what it is.

thatbox

Banned

Camera: Konica Minolta MAXXUM 5D
Exposure: 0.3s
Aperture: f/1.7
Focal Length: 50 mm
ISO Speed: 200
Lens: K-M 50mm f/1.7

This is my first entry in a long time! I had something a little different in mind, but I'm out of town this weekend and figured a quick shot would be better than no shot since I'm trying to get back into it.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
6905486291_81c8b4ebe0_b.jpg

Exposure: 1/250s
Aperture: f/2.5
Focal Length: 105mm
ISO Speed: 100
Setup: Nikkor 105/2.5 w/ Rebel XT
Processing: Lightroom 3 with Silver Efex Pro 2 and Photoshop CS6 for resize

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
4.jpg