• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Top 50 Nintendo games of all Time

Sadist

mQwTu.png

Here it comes, GAF’s own Top 50 of Nintendo titles! Many thanks towards Cheesemeister for processing the votes and all the stats! And everyone who voted!

About the voting:

guLCc.png

01. [N64] The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Adventure) = 427 points, 2 honorable mentions

bluehat9 said:
Can't really put my finger on why I think its the best Zelda game...maybe it was the 3D and whole sense of exploration when I first played it.

Sho_Nuff82 said:
Combined the sense of awe of Mario 64 with the quasi-open world freedom of LoZ. Time travel mechanics and dungeon items were well implemented. Introduced the horse. Hook shot and bow/arrows were boss. Introduced Z targeting. Really only marred by the Water Temple. Epic final encounter. To date, the only 3D Zelda game where the intro isn't a fucking chore.

elektrixx said:
Just like Super Mario 64 this was such a good transition to 3D for the series. So vast and immersive.

fVHzq.png

02. [SNES] Super Metroid (Adventure) = 354 points, 1 honorable mention

leroidys said:
The only Metroid game on my list, but boy does it deserve it. It blended the satisfying platforming and intelligent game design nintendo is known for with an unmatched atmosphere not typical of the company.

rjfs said:
Easily the best 2d Metroid

Amir0x said:
I can beat this game with my hands tied behind my back, and I still cannot stop getting over how brilliant this game is. Designed with a sense of almost mechanical genius, there's a list of clearly intentional time saving shortcuts that make time running some of the most rewarding of any series on Earth. Everything about it is dripping with passionately designed segments of exploration/platforming/action, secrets behind every hole and slip.

fMRrf.png

03. [SNES][GBA] The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past (Adventure) = 347 points, 1 honorable mention

gamergirly said:
A classic in the way the game presents itself and set up the dungeon/puzzle design for future titles

Lionheart1827 said:
The first videogame I ever saved up my own money to buy. I still remember I would save up change I found, any holiday money I'd get from relatives to finally afford the 70 dollar price tag at Nobody Beats the Wiz. Back then we only had Toys R Us and The Wiz. There were no Best Buys or Targets around here. I finally bought it on a Sunday afternoon. Still remember being irked at the beginning for not having a sword, but I was excited as hell nonetheless.

Nightstick11 said:
This game is perfect. There's nothing for me to really say about this one. This is one of four Nintendo games that are mandatory for any real gamer to play.

PmyWA.png

04. [NES][GBA] Super Mario Bros. 3 (Platform) = 346 points

goldenenergy said:
Do I even have to explain?

Thores said:
This was just 2D Mario platforming at its peak for me. The whimsical style and having some of the best powerups in the franchise didn't hurt either.

Javier said:
The ultimate platformer, brilliant level design, great controls and physics, and incredibly large as far as a NES game goes. Fun even up to this day and it never gets old to replay it. Best video game ever without a doubt.

VMAze.png

05. [SNES][GBA] Super Mario World (Platform) = 346 points, 2 honorable mentions

ScOULaris said:
What can I say? It's the peak of 2D Mario's perfection. The levels were plentiful with secret exits and multiple paths, the world was colorful and imaginative, the controls are PERFECT and unsurpassed to this day, all of the power-ups were useful, and the challenge was just right. It's really a shame that Nintendo has never revisited Dino Island as the setting for a new Mario game. So many great baddies and locales lost to time. SMB3 was more robust for its time, but Super Mario World is the most flawless Mario game I've ever played, and I say that only slightly influenced by nostalgia. ;)

alazz said:
I think World is a more grounded refinement of the gimmick-centric levels of SMB3. It really did a good job of blending the simple level styles of SMB1/2 with the more crazy and unique styles of SMB3. SMW is just such a fun game. From the very first time I popped it in the SNES to playing it for three days straight on the VC. It never gets old, it never ceases to be fun.

kNaUg.png

06. [NGC] Metroid Prime (Adventure) = 328 points, 1 honorable mention

tha_devil said:
Retro did the impossible, and reinvented metroid as nintendo did with Oot.

Oxymoron said:
This, to me, is the single best video game world I've played, bar none, and one of the only ones I can navigate entirely without using the map because I know it so well and every room and area is distinct and unique.

Amir0x said:
This is what I thought about Metroid Prime when announced: 'What the fuck, FPS Metroid by some unknown dev? Fuck yourself.' This is what I thought about it after I played it: 'holy god everything I know about life has been wrong.' Nevermind the logistics of getting the classic Metroid exploration system working functionally in first person mode, the goddamn timeless innovations of the Metroid visor and the jump look make this almost a class study in how to take old school games and make them relevant to modern audiences. The soundtrack? God fuck. The graphics for the time? *mind mind* The level design? Retro proved me wrong.

TyOfQ.png

07. [WII] Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Platform) = 292 points, 1 honorable mention

duxstar said:
As a fan of platformers I honestly wonder if there will ever be one that will top this. I don't really remember any particular world sticking out, but I do know that I was obsessed with getting every single star in this game, and actually borrowed a wii to play this game. In my opinion the wii would be almost un-remarkable as a system if it wasn't for the 2 Mario galaxy games. Not to say that it doesn't have good games, its just the galaxy games were the only ones that actually made me dust off the wii and use it.

fisheyes said:
I feel this is the closest modern equivalent to Yoshi's Island, as it successfully manages to pull off that constantly new feeling that YI had.

Javier said:
Took everything from its predecessor, polished it, and made it a thousand times better. Some of the most addictive gameplay ever, amazing level design, and an artistically beautiful game.

nfxjg.png

08. [N64] Super Mario 64 (Platform) = 280 points, 2 honorable mentions

Chittagong said:
truly revolutionary game that established gaming in three dimensions

Nightstick11 said:
The second most important game of all time . This blew my mind when it first released, as it did everyone's, and it's pretty amazing how fun this game still is.

Jeeves said:
Nostalgia colors my opinion of this game probably more than any other, but I do believe it's still a great game that stands up today, to the point where I'd say it's still one of the best platformers around. Very imaginative game full of ideas, and superbly playable thanks to Mario controlling like a dream.

w4sQ2.png

09. [WII] Super Mario Galaxy (Platform) = 257 points, 1 honorable mention

Michan said:
My jaw dropped when I first played this absolutely brilliant take on the platforming genre. There is no argument: at time of its release, this immediately became the perfect game.

Piano said:
A great evolution of the SM64 formula. Sunshine was good but felt more like a sideways step than a clear forward progression.

RedShift said:
Causes way too much smiling.

nRRsr.png

10. [SNES] Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (Platform) = 237 points, 2 honorable mentions

ecierif said:
This spinoff outshines the series that inspired it due to its unique shooting mechanic, charming artwork and creative level design. The secret levels are a challenge to both unlock and complete.

giant_frying_pan said:
My favourite game of all time, the closest game to perfection I've ever come across and the one game I will never tire of. In the past couple of years it is getting more recognition as the classic that it is, but it is still tragically under-rated especially in comparison to the still-astoundingly-great-but-not-quite-as-great Super Mario Bros. 3 and World.

Murrah said:
Not much to say about this one except it's platforming perfection. Touch fuzzy get dizzy ya'll

2jyg6.png

11. [N64] The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (Adventure) = 193 points, 3 honorable mentions

Reticent Rhino said:
A perfect complement to OoT. This also boasts two of the best Zelda dungeons in the series . The boss fights aren't nearly as good as in OoT, but it's the living, breathing world outside of the temples that puts this game so high on my list.

Carlov said:
Everything from a great diversity in the terrain of different areas to the darker storytelling and craploads of side-content made this an unforgettable Zelda title, and my second favorite behind TWW. I felt it was also the most emotional, as I found myself empathizing with Link and Termina's residents as the apocalypse approached within 3 days time and the town music became consistently more frantic with each passing sunrise. Undoubtedly one of the most unique Zelda games. NPCs have never been so characterized.

zxg7e.png

12. [NGC] The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (Adventure) = 167 points

Frankenstrat said:
man did it suck me in. I can still play through it today and have fun. Oddly enough the sailing never bored me!

Carlov said:
Believe it or not, this just so happens to be my #1 Nintendo game of all-time. The sense of freedom, life, adventure and exploration it manages to convey is simply unparalleled among all Zelda installments. Even the little things, from treasure-hunting on the high seas to escaping from intimidating sea-hats during a storm to stumbling upon the haunting Ghost Ship out of nowhere just contributed even further in making this an excellent title. Also lots of side-content, a graphical style that even today looks fantastic, wonderfully written characters and THE most captivating story of any Zelda. It's really the only single-player game I can delve into again and again without ever getting tired of the experience.

MxwTF.png

13. [NGC] Super Smash Bros. Melee (Fighting) = 166 points

Billychu said:
I have put more hours into this game than most other games combined. It is the greatest video game of all time

Snakeyes said:
the definitive fighting game, arcade sticks be damned. There is no other fighter that gives players the same amount of options and freedom while retaining competitive balance and being newcomer-friendly at the same time. The engine is so flexible that you can often tell who is playing just by looking at their movement if you've watched them enough. The dynamics of a match are always changing based on the stage, damage percentage, positioning and edge-guarding adds a whole new dimension to the old-school concept of cornering the opponent.

kRhPp.png

14. [GB] Pokémon Red/Blue/Green (RPG) = 115 points

D-Pad said:
This is a game that started the whole pokemon pokemon craze. The whole collect-em-all catchphrase tells why this game is so addicting for me. If it weren't for this game we wouldn't have the other amazing follow-ups, which it why I chose it as number 1.

SYNTAX182 said:
Ask anyone in the whole world what Pokemon is, and they will describe it to you in detail. That's all that needs to be said. Pika!

OCko1.png

15. [SNS] EarthBound (RPG) = 113 points

Amir0x said:
To me just the classiest jRPG ever. An amazing translation with a supremely simple yet extremely well told theme. Ness' mother proclamation about her hopes and desires for her son after the eighth sound stone are some of the most poignant and believable declarations of the purity of a mother's love that exists in gaming yet. The instant kill on easy enemies was a feature modern jRPGs STILL could stand to use all the time. On screen enemies. Amazing variety of battle tracks. One of the best game soundtracks of all time. Seriously. WHY haven't many more jRPGs adopted some of these features? All jRPGs should have like fifteen battle themes.

anotherVegan said:
The game with the most heart out of any game ever.

SO9Yf.png

16. [NES][GBC][GBA] Super Mario Bros. (Platform) = 99 points, 2 honorable mentions

inner-G said:
The title that started it all for many gamers around the world.

OZpHZ.png

17. [NGC] F-Zero GX (Racing) = 91 points, 2 honorable mentions

Neon_Icarus said:
Sega really outdid themselves here. They took F-Zero X, improved the graphics to amazing levels and included just about everything one could have imagined from an F-Zero game. It’s one and only flaw is that it was perhaps too good. How do you make a worthy sequel to this?

Snakeyes said:
Best racing game ever made. What's even more impressive is that it earns this title through very basic, but perfectly tuned gameplay. There are no obnoxious power-ups or random stage hazards, only you zipping through the tracks at supersonic speeds with pinpoint precision.

DIK4i.png

18. [GB][GBC] The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Adventure) = 90 points, 2 honorable mentions

djtiesto said:
the Game Boy could do epic adventures with console-like scope. Brought a heapload of character and quirkiness to the Zelda series, along with some great large-scope puzzles Very influential in terms of how the series progressed.

D-Pad said:
The best Zelda game ever released. It's charming, challenging, and has the best overworld and dungeons, music, and characters of any Zelda game. The only thing it was missing was Princess Zelda herself .

CEvGU.png

19. [N64] GoldenEye 007 (FPS) = 85 points

ScOULaris said:
This has to make my list by virtue of the countless hours of multiplayer antics that it provided me and my friends. The four-player splitscreen, the cast of characters, and all of the options that allowed you to customize each session to your liking made Goldeneye an absolute classic. The singleplayer was also an enjoyable recreation of the movie, thanks in large part to the enemy reactions to being shot.

Sho_Nuff82 said:
my nostalgia vote goes here, played more multiplayer from this title than I care to admit. Great weapons, location based hit detection and stealth systems were a breath of fresh air for the genre, the objectives livened the game up beyond the usual "run from A to B while clearing monster closets" that permeated FPS at the time. Amazing multiplayer maps.

Vw9r1.png

20. [GBA] Mother 3 (RPG) = 80 points

Starwolf_UK said:
I'm so sorry Earthbound, you may have better music but the plot of Mother 3 is better

eXistor said:
Earthbound has that important nostalgia factor that I just can't seem to ignore and I do like that game's environments more, but Mother 3 is better in all other aspects. It's got a great emotional, yet always funny and heartwarming story, some great characters and the battlesystem has gotten a cool new feature . It's one of Nintendo's brightst and darkest hours at the same time. The game speaks for itself, but I consider it a crime against humanity that Nintendo has never given the game an official release outside of Japan.

yoIbG.png

21. [SNES] Donkey Kong Country (Platform) = 78 points, 2 honorable mentions

Carlov said:
The worlds and music of this were especially memorable, as was the platforming.

windfish said:
Can't decide between this and Jungle Beat, just love that special Rare Magic and Humor the SNES Versions had. Good Times =)

EL71X.png

22. [GBC] Pokémon Gold/Silver/Crystal (RPG) = 77 points

PKrockin said:
GameFreak nearly perfected Pokemon on their first try, but they really went far above and beyond what they had to do for a sequel. A day/night cycle. Breeding. Held items. Battling Trainers multiple times. REVISITING KANTO AND CHALLENGING ALL THE TRAINERS THERE! That this could fit on a GBC cart blew my mind. Pokemon became more than a really awesome game, it became an obsession for months and months.

Murrah said:
I love the DS remakes and played them to death, but the original GSC are the most nostalgic games of my childhood; whenever I think of Pokemon, I think of desperately waiting for school to be over so we could bust out our GameBoys and trade on the jungle gym while trading tips and rumors about new Pokemon. Best soundtrack of the series doesn't hurt either

sw1su.png

23. [N64] Star Fox 64 (Shooter) = 69 points, 3 honorable mentions

Yaceka said:
My first N64 game. I blew it off at first because it was a shooter . It wasn't until a year later that I realized it wasn't an fps, but rather a rail shooter. I thought I'd try it, and I ended up staying up all night playing it. I played the 3DS version, and it's still one of my favourite games of all time.

Sir_Crocodile said:
superb dogfighting, choices & variety. and of course brain + eyes.

1OUbi.png

24. [WII] The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Adventure) = 59 points, 1 honorable mention

RandomVince said:
This game defines motion controls just as Mario 64 defined 3D gameplay. The final act really demonstrated how well motion controls can and do work. The final battle was the most cathartic, satisfying, engaging and atmospheric one Ive ever encountered in a game. Even better was the empowering feeling of beating the boss when my shield broke mid fight. Several of the temples/dungeons were incredibly well thought out with some amazing mechanics. One moment in particular late in the game was just incredibly beautiful. Edge magazine's review mused over whether Nintendo had figured out the secret to infinite level design. I suspect they did; I could have played through the 3 main areas several times more and not gotten sick of them.

Salih said:
The best 3D Zelda. no doubt about it. Not only it is the most beautiful Zelda game i have ever seen but also the one with the most satisfying and unique combat-system in a Zelda-series. It also has the best Zelda-soundtrack since Ocarina of Time. A game with no competitors in this age.

HSAeZ.png

25. [NGC][WII] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Adventure) = 55 points, 1 honorable mention

Neon_Icarus said:
Choosing the best in the series wasn´t easy. I´ve played Ocarina of Time so many times that I´m really fed up with it now, while Skyward Sword is a bit too recent to be fully put into perspective. Twilight Princess is a good choice though. After the bitterly disappointing Wind Waker, it was return to form, with the best dungeons in the series, a great helper character and an art style that could communicate the full spectrum of the The Legend of Zelda experience: from goofy comedy to whimsical adventure to the dark, foreboding and creepy.

irriadin said:
It took me a while to realize it, but Twilight Princess is one of the best Zelda games there is. Midna is a superb character, the dungeons are all elaborate, and there are just enough moments of pure gaming bliss to put this one over Majora's Mask.

Sadist

bi7NJ.png

26. [SNES] Super Mario Kart (Racing) = 53 points

Pazuzu9 said:
The first racing game that seemed more fun than the arcades. Still prefer the handling of this over every other Mario Kart.

cartman414 said:
It may be a glorified Mode 7 sheet in contrast to its true 3d followups, but with the exception of the DS installment, it beats them all in terms of sheer enjoyment, thanks to efficient design oft-laden with shortcuts. And of course, no Blue Shell.

E4vLl.png

27. [WII] New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Platform) = 49 points

milkyjay20 said:
this game is simply alive, abound with fresh gimmicks in every level. the mario crew and the enemies are energetic and the terrific level design is always in liquid motion. with controls on the level of nuance of mario 64, it makes negotiating the platforms an exquisite joy. most astonishing is that the art and general feel is carried over from the NES titles, which makes sense as it stands proudly alongside smb1 and smb3.

batbeg said:
Completely reinvigorated that childhood sense of gathering around the tv to play Mario in a whole new sense really. I had so many hours of playing this with roommates and friends, it was pure badassery.

lfcMt.png

28. [N64] Mario Kart 64 (Racing) = 47 points

guldakot said:
While there are mario karts which may be superior, I spent so many hours playing this in college with multiple friends, probably the best local multiplayer game of all time imo.

LSauchelli said:
Say whatever you want about this game. It's the one I spent the most hours playing and having a blast.

n4KFx.png

29. [N64] Paper Mario (RPG) = 44 points

Earthpainting said:
The RPG catered to players like me. Does away with all the bullshit the genre has to offer and replaces it with bullshit of its own. I love it.

cartman414 said:
Still haven't played the sequel yet, so this one's representing the RPG lineage. Still, on its own terms, this one pretty much defined Mario entering the genre on his own terms brilliantly, with a script and localization that are memorable to this day.

AwLip.png

30. [NES][GBA] The Legend of Zelda (Adventure) = 42 points, 2 honorable mentions

Porthos said:
This is the game that got me to love Zelda and I still play it at least every other year. Even after all this time I still remember random trees to burn and walls to bomb. I know it is considered outdated by many, but I love the old-style feeling of being lost and having to figure things out on my own. No other Zelda game makes my list but many would be in my top 20. I've played them all but some not on their original console . However, the original is the one I come back to again and again.

Josh7289 said:
Not as timeless as Super Mario Bros. because of the hidden-with-no-hint elements, but the feeling of adventure was strongest in this one.

Josh7289 said:
Not as timeless as Super Mario Bros. because of the hidden-with-no-hint elements, but the feeling of adventure was strongest in this one.

bpkKN.png

31. [WII] Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Fighting) = 41 points

Javier said:
I understand why some may prefer Melee, but I prefer this one myself due to it being simply tons of fun to play with friends or on my own. Definitely the best time-waster on a Nintendo console.

Nocturnowl said:
For some reason the Smash series often slips my mind when it comes to times like this despite the fact that I’ve put an absolute ton of hours into all 3 games. Probably because I’m still waiting for one entry to finally have all the characters I want. That aside the unique style of fighting gameplay on display in this series is an enjoyable and chaotic twist on the standard. As for the selection of Brawl, the character roster is my favourite of the three which is what counts the most to me.

K9sCe.png

32. [GBA] Fire Emblem (RPG) = 40 points

irriadin said:
Given that this was my first exposure to Fire Emblem, I have a bit of a soft spot for it. Nevertheless, it is truly an excellent game. Highly nuanced gameplay is one of Fire Emblem's greatest traits and this game doesn't disappoint. But what makes this game special to me is the story. This isn't a huge world-encompassing plot involving the end of the world, or even a huge military conquest. It's a highly personal story filled with great character moments, and is generally much smaller in scope than many other games. But therein lies its strength.

storaftter said:
Going from the Advance Wars series and getting to play the first Fire Emblem on western shores was an amazing experience. With even deeper strategic mechanics, with rpg elements. Along with its memorable and likeable casts, unique support system, permadeath, great music/presentation and class upgrade. The game also has great replay value and its addictive gameplay makes you want to replay it time to time.

KGYV2.png

33. [GBA] Advance Wars (Strategy) = 36 points, 1 honorable mention

Piano said:
DS: I didn't even realize how much I enjoyed this game until I glanced at the gameclock and it was nearing 100 hours. Dual Powers are completely broken but this game just has SO MUCH CONTENT that it's hard to get tired of it.

Frankenstrat said:
Gets hard in places, but I still love it, even if I can't finish it.

NKkpT.png

34. [NGC] Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door (RPG) = 36 points, 1 honorable mention

Jeeves said:
Terrific game that -- well-loved as it is -- I think deserves even more recognition than it already gets. This game has been showing up in my personal top ten lists ever since its release, and it still sticks. It's huge fun even if you don't like RPGs, and it's set in such a rich world with a great cast. I was looking forward to this before it came out, and it managed to constantly surprise me with how good it was. In particular two of the chapters initially seemed like they were gearing up to be a little on the dull side because of their premises, and yet they surpassed all expectations and ended up becoming the most memorable parts of the game. In both chapters I found myself wishing that they would actually last forever. I suppose with this placement I'm calling this my favorite game Nintendo made for the Gamecube.

RuUZZ.png

35. [SNES] Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest (Platform) = 35 points

AniHawk said:
BRAMBLE SCRAMBLE

IAmMonodi said:
Nintendo has always been known for offering some of the most traditional platforming experiences for years with Super Mario. One day however, a british studio brought Mario's bulky rival Donkey Kong in the genre offering an outstanding graphic quality ahead of its time, as well as an absolutely atmospheric sound design. Its sequel manages to grab the best features of its predecessor and polishes them even more with a higher bar of challenge, more scenic levels, and a constant feeling of danger as the monkeys travel in the perilous den of their reptilian enemies.

9d3gJ.png

36. [NGC] Pikmin 2 (Strategy) = 33 points

Yoshi said:
Miyamoto's latest strike for a hardcore franchise is charming and plays magnificent. Pikmin 2 took Pikmin's awesome formula and expanded on it, making it one of the best game ever created.

Earthpainting said:
I really wanted to like the first game, but it had a bunch of significant gripes that prevented me of enjoying it. Then Pikmin 2 came along and fixed everything.

ApFh9.png

37. [SNES] Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (RPG) = 32 points

illadelph said:
introduced me to RPGs while retaining some of that Mario platforming I loved so much. Great writing, music, interesting battle mechanics. Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi are awesome series, but I will always love this weird ass game the most. Sequel please

e2E8m.png

38. [N64] Wave Race 64 (Racing) = 29 points

LSauchelli said:
While Blue Storm is in many aspects the better game, I just never had as much fun in that one. For a long while it was the sole reason for me to have a second joystick on my N64, and it was worth it.

jc0C0.png

39. [N64] Banjo-Kazooie (Platform) = 29 points

Reticent Rhino said:
My favorite exploration-based 3D platformer. A huge world with lots of moves and just the right amount of items to collect . What really puts this over the top is the climax with the
Gruntilda's Furnace board game
and the fantastic final boss fight with Gruntilda . Also, I love the concept behind Click Clock Wood. Truly the golden age of Rare.

Yoshi said:
Wonder why there are still so many people caring for Rare? Well, this right here is the answer, the only platformer not by Nintendo, that can live up to Nintendo's heights in this genre. Awesome level design, cheerful characters, super tight gameplay, classic humor, this game alone is enough for me to play any Rare game in an instant.

i6b9w.png

40. [N64][NGC] Animal Crossing (Simulation) = 28 points, 1 honorable mention

lazybones18 said:
those damn Real World spoof commercials. Might not have had online like its future installments, but I never grew tired of this game. So much fun playing this.

RandomVince said:
I wasted a whole weekend trying to win a fishing tourney in this. A nice relaxing game, heaps to do and a charming aesthetic.

KJO3F.png

41. [GBA] Metroid Fusion (Adventure) = 26 points

ScOULaris said:
Most of you will probably think I'm insane for picking this over Super Metroid, but I just really loved the slightly more guided experience and the constant dread induced by your pursuer
SA-X
. For once, the player got to experience the destructive force that is a fully-powered Samus from the perspective of the hunted.

alazz said:
Out of the dozen or so GBA games I had, this was *my* game for the GBA. I must've beaten it at least seven times. My love for it is unyielding, and while I do prefer Super Metroid as a game, I prefer this as a memory of how fun games can be.

o3DQL.png

42. [NES][GB] Tetris (Puzzle) = 25 points

SYNTAX182 said:
The greatest puzzle game of all time no doubt about that. Everyone knows what Tetris is.

MikeE21286 said:
One of the only games I owned for the Gameboy, rarely left the system

nPlmz.png

43. [N64] Perfect Dark (FPS) = 24 points

Nocturnowl said:
So since Rare games from the N64 era count I have to make mention for my favourite FPS game, surpassing the solid groundwork laid by Goldeneye. For its time the content in this game is incredible, a single player campaign with fully voiced cutscenes that has stages that could change over the different difficulty levels and added plenty of extra objectives, co-op mode, counter-op and those oh so enjoyable cheats. A vast lineup of weaponry and gadgets that have multiple functions. A multiplayer mode with many maps including some Goldeneye classics, simulants with varying personality types, character stat tracking, robust music options, being able to save gameplay settings and challenges..okay I’ll stop now.

Iundt.png

44. [NGC] Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (RPG) = 24 points

irriadin said:
The precursor to Radiant Dawn is an excellent game with great characters and a much more fair difficulty. The story is self-contained and encompasses a wide spectrum of intriguing concepts including: politics, racism, tyranny, and your everyday evil deity.

5hUI4.png

45. [WII] Xenoblade Chronicles (RPG) = 24 points

Ledsen said:
A gorgeous and ground-breaking RPG.

anotherVegan said:
Yes, I went there. The best modern JRPG out there. I haven't enjoyed a JRPG so much since Chrono Trigger, and that's saying something.

XGp28.png

46. [N64] Super Smash Bros. (Fighting) = 23 points

eScsV.png

47. [NDS] Mario Kart DS (Racing) = 23 points

duxstar said:
Without going into a whole lot of history, I was diagnosed with cancer at the age of 19, and spent almost 43 straight days in the hospital. While I was there, I didn't have much to do. At 19 years old being stuck in a room for that long contemplating life could've been extremely scary. Every time i felt myself slipping down that line of thinking I would pop Mario Kart DS on and escape from the thoughts and feelings that I had and just race. While I went through plenty of games at the time this is the one that I will remember keeping me sane for that time, and for that I can't exclude it from this list because for me it was a game that I connected with on an emotional level.

Michan said:
Mario Kart had to make the top 10, and this has to be the ultimate entry in the series. These tracks drew similarities to the original narrow and short SNES offerings, and the controls were extremely refined. Online multiplayer, in addition to local multiplayer, pretty much destroyed any chance of any work getting done for several months.

VVUyw.png

48. [3DS] Super Mario 3D Land (Platform) = 22 points, 1 honorable mention

windfish said:
Best Handheld Mario, best of two Worlds 3D and 2D just amazing and fun Game.

QeUDG.png

49. [GBA] Metroid: Zero Mission (Adventure) = 21 points, 2 honorable mentions

drspeedy said:
Everything great about the original Metroid but with incredible graphics, a map , an extra mission wrapped up in a handheld game... plus the original Metroid as a little gift for completing the game! THIS is how you reestablish a classic.

SpacePirate Ridley said:
Its very tied with Super Metroid, but Zero Mission is so nice had such a blast playing it many times. Best remake ever done. And the final part is exciting. And I love the credits music.

H8wmK.png

50. [NDS] Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver (RPG) = 20 points

Yaceka said:
At first I was going to say Black/White, but I honestly had more fun with HG/SS. The Pokemon designs are way better than Black/White, and the game has this really nice style that isn't in Black/White.

Sadist

The best of the rest:

51. [WII] Wii Sports (Sports) = 20 points, 1 honorable mention
52. [NGC] Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (Adventure) = 19 points
53. [NES] Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! (Fighting) = 19 points, 1 honorable mention
54. [WII] Sin & Punishment: Star Successor (Shooter) = 18 points, 1 honorable mention
55. [NES][DMG][GBA] Donkey Kong (Platform) = 18 points
56. [WII] Donkey Kong Country Returns (Platform) = 18 points
57. [WII] Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (RPG) = 16 points
58. [NGC] Super Mario Sunshine (Platform) = 16 points, 1 honorable mention
59. [N64] F-Zero X (Racing) = 16 points, 1 honorable mention
60. [WII] Punch-Out!! (Fighting) = 16 points
61. [NES][GBA] Zelda II: The Adventure of Link (Adventure) = 15 points, 1 honorable mention
62. [NES][GBA] Super Mario Bros. 2 (Platform) = 15 points, 1 honorable mention
63. [NDS] Animal Crossing: Wild World (Simulation) = 15 points
64. [NGC] Pikmin (Strategy) = 15 points, 3 honorable mentions
65. [NDS] Pokémon Black/White (RPG) = 15 points, 1 honorable mention
66. [GBA] WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$ (Puzzle) = 14 points, 1 honorable mention
67. [NGC] Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem (Adventure) = 14 points
68. [NDS] Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan (Rhythm) = 14 points, 2 honorable mentions
69. [GB] X (Shooter) = 13 points
70. [WII] Mario Kart Wii (Racing) = 13 points, 1 honorable mention
71. [NDS] Elite Beat Agents (Rhythm) = 13 points, 1 honorable mention
72. [3DS] The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (Adventure) = 12 points
73. [NES][GBA] Metroid (Adventure) = 12 points
74. [NGC] Mario Kart: Double Dash‼ (Racing) = 12 points, 1 honorable mention
75. [SNES] Kirby Super Star (Platform) = 12 points, 1 honorable mention
76. [SNS] Super Punch-Out!! (Fighting) = 12 points
77. [GB] Super Mario Land (Platform) = 11 points
78. [GBC] The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages (Adventure) = 11 points, 1 honorable mention
79. [SNES] F-Zero (Racing) = 11 points, 1 honorable mention
80. [NDS] Advance Wars: Dual Strike (Strategy) = 11 points, 1 honorable mention
81. [N64] Diddy Kong Racing (Racing) = 10 points
82. [3DS] Mario Kart 7 (Racing) = 10 points
83. [NGC] Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (Action) = 9 points
84. [NDS] Rhythm Heaven (Rhythm) = 9 points
85. [GBA] Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (RPG) = 9 points, 2 honorable mentions
86. [GBA] Rhythm Tengoku (Rhythm) = 9 points
87. [N64] Sin & Punishment (Shooter) = 9 points, 1 honorable mention
88. [DMG] Tetris Attack (Puzzle) = 8 points
89. [WII] Wii Sports Resort (Sports) = 8 points
90. [SNES] Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War (RPG) = 8 points
91. [NGC] Luigi's Mansion (Adventure) = 8 points
92. [N64] Pilotwings 64 (Simulation) = 8 points
93. [NDS] Tetris DS (Puzzle) = 7 points
93. [SNS] Star Fox (Shooter) = 7 points
95. [GBA] The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap (Adventure) = 7 points, 1 honorable mention
96. [WII] Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (Adventure) = 6 points, 1 honorable mention
97. [N64] Pokémon Snap (Simulation) = 6 points
98. [GBA] Golden Sun: The Lost Age (RPG) = 6 points
99. [DMG] Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins (Platform) = 6 points, 1 honorable mention
100. [NDS] Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story (RPG) = 6 points
101. [NDS] Kirby: Canvas Curse (Platform) = 6 points
102. [GBA] WarioWare: Twisted! (Puzzle) = 6 points, 1 honorable mention
103. [GBA] Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising (Strategy) = 5 points
104. [NDS] Nintendogs (Simulation) = 5 points, 1 honorable mention
105. [GBA] Kuru Kuru Kururin (Puzzle) = 5 points
106. [GB] Mario's Picross (Puzzle) = 5 points
107. [GBC] The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Adventure) = 5 points, 1 honorable mention
108. [NES] StarTropics (Adventure) = 5 points
109. [NES] Kirby's Adventure (Platform) = 5 points, 1 honorable mention
110. [GB] Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 (Platform) = 5 points
111. [NES][GBA] Wrecking Crew (Puzzle) = 4 points
111. [3DS] Swapnote (Simulation) = 4 points
113. [NGC] Chibi-Robo! (Action) = 4 points, 1 honorable mention
114. [GBC] Wario Land II (Platform) = 4 points
115. [WII] Wii Fit (Fitness) = 4 points
115. [GBC] Pokémon Puzzle Challenge (Puzzle) = 4 points
117. [NDS] The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (Adventure) = 4 points
118. [SNS] Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble! (Platform) = 4 points
118. [NGC] Mario Party 4 (Action) = 4 points
120. [NDS] Advance Wars: Days of Ruin (Strategy) = 4 points
120. [GBC] Wario Land 3 (Platform) = 4 points
122. [WII] Metroid: Other M (Adventure) = 4 points
122. [NDS] Hotel Dusk: Room 215 (Adventure) = 4 points
122. [GBA] Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald (RPG) = 4 points
125. [SNES] SimCity (Simulation) = 4 points
126. [N64][GBC] Mario Tennis (Sports) = 4 points
127. [WII] Mario Party 8 (Action) = 3 points
127. [N64] Banjo-Tooie (Platform) = 3 points
127. [N64] F-Zero X Expansion Kit (Racing) = 3 points
127. [GBA] Kururin Paradise (Puzzle) = 3 points
127. [NES][GBA] Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels (Platform) = 3 points
127. [SNS] Uniracers (Platform) = 3 points
127. [N64] Pokémon Puzzle League (Puzzle) = 3 points
134. [N64] Tetrisphere (Puzzle) = 3 points
134. [NGC] Mario Party 7 (Action) = 3 points
136. [NES][DMG][GBA] Dr. Mario (Puzzle) = 3 points, 1 honorable mention
137. [NES] Mother (RPG) = 3 points
138. [NGC] Wave Race: Blue Storm (Racing) = 3 points
138. [N64] Blast Corps (Action) = 3 points
140. [NES] NES Open Tournament Golf (Sports) = 3 points
140. [GBA] Pokémon FireRed/LeafGreen (RPG) = 3 points
140. [GBA] Mario vs. Donkey Kong (Puzzle) = 3 points
143. [NES][DMG] Nintendo World Cup (Sports) = 3 points
144. [DMG] Kirby's Dream Land (Platform) = 3 points
145. [NES] Duck Hunt (FPS) = 2 points, 1 honorable mention
146. [NDS] Moero! Nekketsu Rhythm Damashii Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan 2 (Rhythm) = 2 points
146. [NGC] Mario Party 6 (Action) = 2 points
146. [GBA] Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones (RPG) = 2 points
146. [NDS] The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (Adventure) = 2 points
150. [NGC] Mario Party 5 (Action) = 2 points
150. [N64] Pokémon Stadium 2 (RPG) = 2 points
150. [NDS] Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time (RPG) = 2 points
150. [NES] Zoda's Revenge: StarTropics II (Adventure) = 2 points
150. [NGC] Star Fox Adventures (Adventure) = 2 points
150. [N64] Excitebike 64 (Racing) = 2 points
156. [NES] Kid Icarus (Platform) = 2 points
156. [NDS] Metroid Prime Pinball (Simulation) = 2 points
156. [GBA] F-Zero: Maximum Velocity (Racing) = 2 points
156. [GBA] Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (Strategy) = 2 points
156. [NES] R.C. Pro-Am (Racing) = 2 points
156. [GBA] Wario Land 4 (Platform) = 2 points
162. [WII] Excite Truck (Racing) = 2 points, 1 honorable mention
163. [NGC] Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (Sports) = 2 points
163. [3DS] Star Fox 64 3D (Shooter) = 2 points
165. [SNES][WII] Super Mario All-Stars (Platform) = 2 points
165. [N64] Mario Party 3 (Action) = 2 points
167. [GBA] Golden Sun (RPG) = 2 points
167. [NDS] Picross 3D (Puzzle) = 2 points
169. [WII] Animal Crossing: City Folk (Simulation) = 2 points
169. [NDS] Pokémon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum (RPG) = 2 points
171. [N64] 1080° Snowboarding (Sports) = 2 points
172. [GBA] Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land (Platform) = 2 points
172. [3DS] StreetPass Mii Plaza (Simulation) = 2 points
172. [SNS] Kirby's Dream Course (Platform) = 2 points
175. [GBA] Mario Kart: Super Circuit (Racing) = 1 point, 1 honorable mention
176. [GBA] Drill Dozer (Action) = 1 point, 1 honorable mention
177. [NDS] Meteos (Puzzle) = 1 point, 1 honorable mention
178. [NES][DMG] Tennis (Sports) = 1 point
178. [NDS] Picross DS (Puzzle) = 1 point
178. [NDS] Last Window: The Secret of Cape West (Adventure) = 1 point
178. [WII] Kirby's Epic Yarn (Platform) = 1 point
178. [GBA] Mario Tennis: Power Tour (Sports) = 1 point
183. [NES] Soccer (Sports) = 1 point
183. [VUE] Virtual Boy Wario Land (Platform) = 1 point
183. [N64] Mario Party 2 (Action) = 1 point
186. [SNES] Pilotwings (Simulation) = 1 point
186. [NDS] Yoshi's Island DS (Platform) = 1 point
186. [GBA] Pokémon Pinball: Ruby & Sapphire (Simulation) = 1 point
186. [WII] Fortune Street (Action) = 1 point
186. [SNES] Kirby's Dream Land 3 (Platform) = 1 point
186. [GB] Game Boy Camera (Simulation) = 1 point
186. [NGC] Kirby Air Ride (Racing) = 1 point
186. [N64] Donkey Kong 64 (Platform) = 1 point
186. [NDS] Mario Party DS (Action) = 1 point
186. [N64][NGC] Custom Robo (Action) = 1 point
186. [DMG] Wave Race (Racing) = 1 point
197. [NES] Volleyball (Sports) = 1 point
197. [N64] Mario Golf 64 (Sports) = 1 point
197. [WII] WarioWare: Smooth Moves (Puzzle) = 1 point
197. [WII] Disaster: Day of Crisis (Adventure) = 1 point
197. [GBA] Game & Watch Gallery 4 (Action) = 1 point
197. [NES][GBA] Ice Climber (Platform) = 1 point
197. [N64] Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire (Overall) = 1 point
197. [WII] Fatal Frame IV (Horror) = 1 point
197. [3DS] Pushmo (Puzzle) = 1 point
197. [NES][GBA] Excitebike (Racing) = 1 point
197. [GB] Mole Mania (Puzzle) = 1 point
197. [N64] Yoshi's Story (Platform) = 1 point
197. [NES][GBA] Balloon Fight (Action) = 1 point
197. [GBA] Mario Party Advance (Action) = 1 point
197. [WII] Wii Music (Rhythm) = 1 point
197. [GBA] F-Zero Climax (Racing) = 1 point
213. [NES][GBA] Clu Clu Land (Action) = 0 points, 1 honorable mention
213. [NES][GBA] Mario Bros. (Platform) = 0 points, 1 honorable mention

Stats:

Series votes
  • 1. Mario = 1744 points, 13 honorable mentions, 15 titles
  • 2. Zelda = 1436 points, 16 honorable mentions, 15 titles
  • 3. Metroid = 772 points, 5 honorable mentions, 9 titles
  • 4. Pokémon = 252 points, 1 honorable mention, 12 titles
  • 5. Yoshi = 239 points, 2 honorable mentions, 3 titles
  • 6. Super Smash Bros. = 230 points, 3 titles
  • 7. Other/None = 205 points, 4 honorable mentions, 30 titles
  • 8. Mother = 196 points, 3 titles
  • 9. Donkey Kong = 176 points, 2 honorable mentions, 9 titles
  • 10. Mario Kart = 159 points, 3 honorable mentions, 7 titles
  • 11. Mario RPG = 129 points, 3 honorable mentions, 6 titles
  • 12. F-Zero = 124 points, 4 honorable mentions, 6 titles
  • 13. Fire Emblem = 90 points, 5 titles
  • 14. Star Fox = 80 points, 3 honorable mentions, 4 titles
  • 15. Famicom Wars = 56 points, 2 honorable mentions, 4 titles
  • 16. Pikmin = 48 points, 3 honorable mentions, 2 titles
  • 17. Punch-Out!! = 47 points, 1 honorable mention, 3 titles
  • 18. Animal Crossing = 45 points, 1 honorable mention, 3 titles
  • 19. Tetris = 43 points, 4 titles
  • 20. Wario = 37 points, 2 honorable mentions, 8 titles
  • 21. Kirby = 33 points, 2 honorable mentions, 9 titles
  • 22. Wii = 33 points, 1 honorable mention, 4 titles
  • 23. Wave Race = 33 points, 2 titles
  • 24. Banjo-Kazooie = 32 points, 2 titles
  • 25. Ouendan = 29 points, 3 honorable mentions, 3 titles
  • 26. Sin & Punishment = 27 points, 2 honorable mentions, 2 titles
  • 27. Mario Party = 19 points, 9 titles
  • 28. Rhythm Heaven = 18 points, 2 titles
  • 29. Pilotwings = 9 points, 2 titles
  • 30. Luigi's Mansion = 8 points, 1 title
  • 29. Golden Sun = 8 points, 2 titles
  • 29. Picross = 8 points, 3 titles
  • 29. Kururin = 8 points, 2 titles
  • 33. StarTropics = 7 points, 2 titles
  • 34. Nintendogs = 5 points, 1 honorable mention, 1 title
  • 34. Excite = 5 points, 1 honorable mention, 3 titles
  • 36. Mario Tennis = 5 points, 2 titles
  • 37. Chibi-Robo! = 4 points, 1 honorable mention, 1 title
  • 38. SimCity = 4 points, 1 title
  • 39. Dr. Mario = 3 points, 1 honorable mention, 1 title
  • 40. Mario Golf = 3 points, 2 titles
  • 41. Kid Icarus = 2 points, 1 title
  • 41. 1080° = 2 points, 1 title
  • 43. Star Wars = 1 point, 1 title
  • 43. Balloon Fight = 1 point, 1 title
  • 43. Custom Robo = 1 point, 1 title
  • 43. Game & Watch = 1 point, 1 title

Games by platform
  • NES titles 29 13.5514%
  • SNES titles 21 9.813084%
  • N64 titles 33 15.42056%
  • GB titles 17 7.943925%
  • VUE titles 1 0.4672897%
  • GBC titles 9 4.205607%
  • GBA titles 47 21.96262%
  • NGC titles 26 12.14953%
  • NDS titles 26 12.14953%
  • WII titles 27 12.61682%
  • 3DS titles 7 3.271028%

Games by genre
  • Action: 28
  • Adventure: 32
  • Fighting: 6
  • Fitness: 1
  • FPS: 3
  • Horror: 1
  • Platformers: 40
  • Puzzel: 18
  • Racing: 20
  • Rhythm: 6
  • RPG: 25
  • Shooter: 6
  • Action: 28
  • Simulation: 10
  • Sports: 11
  • Strategy: 7

Cheesemeister’s stat download, get it here!

Chris R

Bah, I forgot to vote, but I can't say that the top 10 looks wrong (other than MM/WW being a tad too low).

Seda

I didn't vote, but yay 2 Fire Emblem games in the top 50. I greatly enjoyed both (localized) GBA games and Path of Radiance/Radiant dawn is my all time favorite game-sequel pair (if that makes sense).

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Surprised DKC scored much higher than DKC2 considering vocally the later seems to be more popular.

Also Wave Race GB. Must be the first time I have ever seen it in a top 50 Nintendo game poll.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Where are the Famitsu or whatever results, for comparison? This list looks better already.

Also, It's GCN (rest of the world), not NGC (Japan).

I didn't see this until now. It'll be a cool read.

Is there an equivalent "NeoGAF Bottom 50 Nintendo games of all Time" thread? I think that would be particularly interesting, because comparatively few of them are truly terrible.

Also, preemptive FUs for putting Super Paper Mario so high on the Bottom list. ;P

Edit: Hmmm, #4 has 346 points. #5 has 346 points, too, but it also has 2 honorable mentions? Why aren't they swapped?

Sadist

Also Wave Race GB. Must be the first time I have ever seen it in a top 50 Nintendo game poll.
Posters actually meant Waverace 64, but alas: they forgot the 64 at the end. And I've got to follow my own rules hehe.

Where are the Famitsu or whatever results, for comparison? This list looks better already.
Cheers, I almost forgot about it.

thomaser

Great list! But someone must have conspired to bring Wave Race for the GB so high... it has nothing to do there.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Is there an equivalent "NeoGAF Bottom 50 Nintendo games of all Time" thread? I think that would be particularly interesting, because comparatively few of them are truly terrible.

Wouldn't be surprised if OoT came out top in that poll as well.

Alrus

Strange to see DKC over DKC2 but overall great list (I forgot to vote unfortunately :( )
Glad to see Sunshine didn't chart too high too.

Glad to see that Metroid Prime, F-Zero and The Windwaker got high placements. I'm surprised that smash melee didn't make it higher though.

ScOULaris

Awesome list! I'm glad to see Mario Galaxy 2 placing higher than Mario 64. It really did surpass it, IMO.

Also, I would love to know exactly how one goes about taking all of those posts from the voting thread and converting them to data on this level.

LeleSocho

Banned
Super Mario Bros 3 - 346 points
Super Mario World - 346 points

The neverending fight for the best 2d platform ever.

sphinx

the piano man
mixed feelings but the results came as expected.

I wished the gamecube games would score higher but I guess that was too much to ask, with the legacy of the other consoles being so solid.

Agree, sort of..

gosox333

Damn, Heartgold/Soulsilver snuck in there at the end, huh? That's awesome. It says miles about the game if it can make it onto a list like that twice.

Azure J

Great list. Although Metroid Prime 2 really should have been in the top 50.

This and DKCR are th only real omissions if I were to be picky, but overall it's good stuf.

Also, Mario Bros. 3 > World & Galaxy 2 > 64 con-fucking-firmed.
:p

Edit: Holy shit, LeleSocho's post. How did I miss that? :lol

clemenx

Banned
Great list except for the Pokemon Games, imo... Each game has been improving the previous one, isn't even up for debate :p Pure nostalgia there.

Glad to see either one of the Mario Galaxies as the best placed 3D one :D

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Ctrl-F "Chrono Trigger"

Not on the list

Entire list is null and void.

Glad to see SSBM so high. Easily my favorite fighting game of all time. Must have logged hundreds of hours playing that game. There will never be a character as good as Dr. Mario in a fighting game again.

Gintoki

So... why exactly did SMB3 place higher than SMW when they had the same total number of points?

It was explained in the voting thread.

Alright folks, I've tabulated the results and passed them back to Sadist for posting in a new thread.

Having seen the overall rankings, I can't say I'm too surprised at how very, very close some of the top-ranked games wound up being. The games ranked 4 and 5 received the exact same number of points, so the game at rank 4 took it by the tiebreaker stat of having a higher average rank. The game at rank 3 beat those two games by a mere one point.

It's not for a lack of sample size, either: there were 335 ballots counted.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I'm sad to see the most overrated game of all time coming out on top. Tsk Tsk

Other then that, I would personally place new releases of the series over the classics (for instance: I would have Zero Mission over Super Metroid, WindWaker over Ocarina of Time, Super Mario Land 3D over Super Mario 64, and New Super Mario Bros Wii over Super Mario World) but I forgot to vote. Also, dissapointed to see great titles like Superstar Saga, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Canvas Curse, and Wii Sports Resort (seriously, Wii Sports over Resort??!?!) not making the top 50.

The only disappointing thing about that list I can see now is that Brawl listed higher than SSB64 haha. It really is near perfect.

good job gaf

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Did you not notice that every game on the list was developed by Nintendo or a second party?

Some of the distinctions are murky at best. Mario RPG was developed by Squaresoft and it's on the list, and during the nes/snes era Squaresoft was essentially a 2nd party.

Strange to see DKC over DKC2 but overall great list (I forgot to vote unfortunately :( )
Glad to see Sunshine didn't chart too high too.

I should note that my quote up there used for DKC is actually for DKC2 (i'd put DKCR and DKC3 over DKC any day). And yes it does seem odd to me as well that DKC2 was trumped by the original.

Well anyway its a very solid list on the whole.

Top Bottom