• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Syndicate voice cast announced!: Rosario Dawson, Michael Wincott! ...and Brian Cox!!!

Via Eurogamer

Sin City star Rosario Dawson and veteran Brit thespian Brian Cox are among the voice talent roped in by EA for its forthcoming Syndicate reboot.
Dawson plays play conflicted EuroCorp exec Lily Drawl, who's torn between the demands of her corporate paymasters and the underground resistance movement.
"I'm amazed how videogames have become so deep in story, delivering fantastic worlds and memorable characters rivaling big Hollywood films," she commented.
"I was excited when EA approached me to play Lily Drawl in Syndicate. She's an interesting and strong female character. How cool is it to play the mastermind who designed the military chip inside the player's head!"
Meanwhile, Bourne Identity baddie Cox plays EuroCorp puppetmaster Jack Denham, while Michael Wincott - Guy of Gisborne in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves - voices a senior EuroCorp agent called Jules Merit.
"Syndicate immerses players deep into a dystopian world of unscrupulous corporations and chip augmented enforcers," commented Mikael Nermark, CEO of developer Starbreeze Studios.
"These agents are the weapons of this war for market dominance and we needed strong talent to represent these intense characters. We are honored to have worked with the incredible Rosario Dawson, Brian Cox and Michael Wincott to make this world come alive."
The fresh take on Bullfrog's classic '90s strategy game launches for PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 from 24th February.

So we get:

600full-michael-wincott.jpg

rosario-dawson_480_poster.jpg

Brian-Cox.jpg

and in case you forgot, story is written by Richard Morgan, author of Altered Carbon

200px-Richard_Morgan_270408.jpg

Wincott is also playing Death in Darksiders 2 by the way ...dude has a fucking epic voice and of course Cox was the celebrated Emperor Visari from Killzone franchise!

Could not be more excited for this to drop!

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
is it another corridor shooter?

also Morgan is the author of Crysis 2 plot. yikes. I can't fathom how a man can write "Thirteen" (aka "Black Man" in UK) and then write Crysis 2.

Xater

Oh man I love Rosario Dawson! Only heard here as a voice actress in the Wonder Woman film so far. Hope she is good in here as well.

I thought it was the "The... universe... is... an AMAZING... exciting... wonderful place. Just THINK... and wonder... as... you LOOK... at the... stars" Brain Cox. Not this Brain Cox

Meier

Love Brian Cox. One of my favorite actors..his performance in LIE is incredible.

Yowza @ that pic of Rosario Dawson. :O

I really like Richard Morgan, but he also wrote Crysis 2, so...

Going by the interview he did recently for Syndicate, he was actually working on it first and then EA requested he do something for Crysis 2. I mean, Crysis2 does have a good story ...the problem is that it feels completely disconnected from the actual gameplay. Don't know much Crytek and Morgan really worked directly with one another, despite what they claimed in the press.

Syndicate is more his vibe anyways

EDIT: beaten

Mindlog

I enjoyed the demo.
Nice voice cast.
Hilarious wubstep remix.
Richard K Morgan (I didn't play Crysis 2 so I can still like this idea.)
Amazon has a $20 game credit.

They really want me to get this game.

here's the interview

How early in Syndicate’s design process did you begin to write its story?

I came in towards the end of 2008, at which point the game was still in the early conceptual stage - there was some artwork lying round, some sense of what the gameplay was going to look like, a few ideas for characters, but still no narrative as such. And my brief was very specific: start with a clean sheet of paper; if existing material could be incorporated, all well and good, but if not, it could be scrapped. Really, that’s an ideal position to be in - it means you already have some grist to work with, but you aren’t bound by any of it.

Syndicate is the second videogame you’ve written, after last year’s Crysis 2. How does the process of writing for games differ than, say, planning a novel?

In fact, Syndicate is technically the first game I worked on. I started there at EA’s request, and then got asked aboard with Crytek about a year later on the strength of the treatment I’d written for Starbreeze. In the end, of course, we wrapped up Crysis 2 first, but to all intents and purposes I was working on both games more or less in parallel

Going by the interview he did recently for Syndicate, he was actually working on it first and then EA requested he do something for Crysis 2. I mean, Crysis2 does have a good story ...the problem is that it feels completely disconnected from the actual gameplay. Don't know much Crytek and Morgan really worked directly with one another, despite what they claimed in the press.

Yeah, I know that he wasn't totally involved in C2's story, but I wish that was clarified by one of the parties. The story could have been okay, but the way the narrative was handled - and, for a large part, the actual writing itself - was really shitty. So maybe he did overarching stuff and not the day-to-day dialogue etc? And definitely not narrative design? As you say, Syndicate is more his stuff anyway, so hopefully it'll all balance beautifully.

I so want this to be really excellent, for the sake of everybody involved.

I ran into Brian Cox yesterday, oddly enough. He's the Rector (essentially a figurehead elected by students) at my University, and I bumped into him at the Union as he was coming out of a meeting. It was one of those "oh shit, a famous person!" moments.

Weird coincidence. He's a pretty cool guy, I've seen him speak once or twice beforehand at Uni things.

Edit: That gif...

Brian Cox is a God among men, but Michael Wincott...WHERE THE FUCK YOU BEEN BRO?! Michael Wincott is, usually without fail, the best thing in whatever it is he's in. The only exception to the rule I can think of is Prince Of Thieves where everyone was upstaged by Alan Rickman.

Now this game is on my radar 'cos of Wincott.

Brian Cox is a God among men, but Michael Wincott...WHERE THE FUCK YOU BEEN BRO?! Michael Wincott is, usually without fail, the best thing in whatever it is he's in. The only exception to the rule I can think of is Prince Of Thieves where everyone was upstaged by Alan Rickman.

Now this game is on my radar 'cos of Wincott.

*bro-five*

I thought it was the "The... universe... is... an AMAZING... exciting... wonderful place. Just THINK... and wonder... as... you LOOK... at the... stars" Brain Cox. Not this Brain Cox
Thought the same. I could not finish watching any documentary when he was narrating.

bengraven

Brian Cox is a god.

Michael Wincott, though! The most under-utilized voice in voice acting!

Still think that if he put on a few pounds and wore "tall boots" he should have played The Hound on GOT.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap

Syndicate is more his vibe anyways

EDIT: beaten

WHAT????

WHAT??????????

luxarific

Nork unification denier
The most exciting bit of this post for me:

and in case you forgot, story is written by Richard Morgan, author of Altered Carbon

Love his novels - so glad I preordered this game. I hope the game story is as entertaining!

LordAlu

I got excited....but it's the wrong Brian Cox :(

Devs, put this man in your game
bTsBO.jpg

He'll make sure things can only get better
lol this was my first thought as well. I was like "fuck yeah, lets get some physics up in this bitch".

Then I saw it was the other Brian Cox :(

Top Bottom