• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wipeout! Watch Feep get his face smashed in on national TV! (Youtube post #486)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feep

Banned
wipeout-logo.jpg

That's right, kids! Back in October, I competed on the MXC/Ninja Warrior/Takeshi's Castle knockoff for lazy Americans, Wipeout. My episode will be airing on February 16th at 8 PM on ABC! I think everyone, really, should have an opportunity to see me get smashed in the face and repeatedly fall from a height of over twenty feet into forty degree ice water.

I was unable to wear a GAF shirt, as per network regulations, but I am wearing a GAF Orange™ T-shirt beneath the life-vest. My real name is Jason, and I'll probably be introduced as a video game developer...though the show's producers spun me into a lovelorn fool, competing for the affections of a female. = D I guess they thought it would make me more interesting.

Anyway, watch the spills live with your fellow GAFfers! Also, I NEED GAF'S BEST .GIF MAKERS ON THIS. Seriously. There are definitely going to be some worthy moments, I promise. And, if you happen to be an LA GAFfer, I'm having a viewing party at The Other Door in North Hollywood! Be there for good times!

Feep

Banned
did you make it past the first round?
Good question.

I will confirm, YES, I MADE IT PAST THE FIRST ROUND. Wipeout generally does not feature contestants who do not make it past the qualifiers, and I can confirm that I'll get some airtime as a result.

Guzim

I apparently was not interesting enough? They asked me if I was single, I said yes. So they told me to pretend I was doing it for a girl I liked. = D

That's adorable... in a way. But I'm definitely going to watch this!

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
How did you sign up for it?? I will be out in Cali for a couple weeks in april and wanted to sign up! I can't wait for this!

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Okay so you are in the unique position of explaining to me why everyone on that show, yourself included, is not DEAD. I simply cannot understand how the violent snapping of every part of the neck and spine does not result in a plethora of watery graves.

Feep

Banned
Okay so you are in the unique position of explaining to me why everyone on that show, yourself included, is not DEAD. I simply cannot understand how the violent snapping of every part of the neck and spine does not result in a plethora of watery graves.
Someone died a few seasons back, though the cause was a preexisting heart condition that the contestant did not alert the medical staff to.

I don't know. Everything is padded, I guess? And the water beneath some of the larger drops is aerated, reducing the impact force.

Not that I could move the next day, mind you. (Fun fact: I competed the day before Sequence was released on Steam. What a ridiculous 48 hours.)

I just want to know something. How deep is the water you fall into?
I never touched the bottom, even after a couple of 25-foot drops. I have no idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom