• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ROCCAT Studios Pulling a Razer: Isn't PC Gaming Dead? Countdown Ends in 13 Days.

Saty

ROCCAT Studios are a peripheral company. Site reads:
With all the talk lately, you'd think PC gaming was over. Some say PC gaming isn't dead, but think they need to breathe life into it now and them with yet another "groundbreaking" reinventions. But is all that necessary?

And next to the countdown:
Soon we'll tell you what we think is the smartest way forward

The 'smartest' being bolded + the smartphone that appears on the site should mean this reveal has to do with PC and Smartphone some way.

http://www.isnt-pc-gaming-dead.com/

Does it correlate with GDC?

Saty

Considering they are making fun of Razer's "groundbreaking reinventions", i hope it's something more substantial. But it does seem to be connected to mobile phones.

R2D4

Banned
Who keeps saying PC gaming is dead anyway? Goes to Newegg and sees thousands of peices of hardware made for gaming.

mik83kuu

Banned
I once had a Roccat mouse and on the first day the scroll wheel fell inside the mouse. I once had a Roccat mouse...

amdnv

I don't know what the smartest way forward is for PC gaming, but I do know that it has nothing to do with goddamn phones.

Hoo-doo

Banned
It'll be a 10" tablet PC with screens on both sides, slide-out mouse and keyboard, and six analog sticks.

The future of PC gaming.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Eh... that doesn't seem terribly useful unless they can add many more control and display functions, and I can't think of any I'd actually want at the moment. I'm sure many people's keyboards already have some of those functions, like volume etc.

Apps like this (amazing) one have had similar ideas of PC connectivity but with actually useful results, using an idevice as a precise racing wheel rocks if you don't already have a proper one, it's detected as if it was a real wheel and is awesome with games like Grid. Maybe they'd integrate something like that into their app too, but they wanna sell that keyboard base which doesn't seem compatible with the idea of doing more than occasionally looking at and touching your smartphone.

Top Bottom