• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive beta sign-up is live

Last week we launched the Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Beta by giving 7,000 keys to current CSS and CS 1.6 players. Monday 2,000 keys went out to community sites around the world.

Today we are opening up our online survey to everyone. The next keys will be sent on the basis of this survey. If you don’t fill it out, you won’t be getting a key.

Over the coming months we will make selections from the survey participants. Sometimes we might add experienced players, other times new players. Sometimes 1.6 players, sometimes CSS players, sometimes people who have played neither.

There are no wrong answers to the survey questions.

Make sure to fill out the survey today; next week we will make our first selection from the survey.

We will also continue to give gift keys to active CS:GO beta players to share with their friends. Earning these keys is easy, hit quick match and play CS:GO.

Check back later this week for our analysis on the recoil change and a new update this Friday.

In case you missed it – here is a link to the survey.

http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/2012/02/survey/

You have to fill out the following survey: steam://takesurvey/2/

Just be truthful about your answers. The second part of it isn't going to affect your chances of getting in.

Erasus

Cool, filled out! This will be my next go to multi fps after BFBadCompany 2 :p

I wont stop TF2 though!

Though my luck is down, still have no dota 2 key and filled out that survey.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Time to fill it out on my accounts and hope I get lucky like I did with Dota.

Kuga

There were a couple odd questions. I can't see why those weapon preference/efficiency questions were relevant to game understanding.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Done, although I may be getting a key on Saturday anyway.

Either way, I'm getting into this beta and playing the heck out of this game, that's for certain.

There were a couple odd questions. I can't see why those weapon preference/efficiency questions were relevant to game understanding.
Trust me, they're relevant. I don't know how much CS you have played but I can see exactly why those questions were asked as a former competitive 1.6 player.

Done.

I'm not too fussed about getting in to the BETA but it would be cool to get a sneak peak. I think I'm going to sink far too much time into GO, as I have every other version of the game...

Hylian7

I filled mine in, this time I actually I knew what I was talking about unlike Dota. I still suck at CS, but I'm not completely terrible.

ksan

I guess I'll never get a key cause I strongly prefer the better version of the game!
or will I? I doubt it really affects their choice

But I'm glad to see that they're adressing the recoil issues, have heard tons of complaints from good players.

edit: also, the amount of kills per death is the biggest crock of shit question ever

Spookie

Maybe now they will begin to send out some invites to existing people. I can't be arsed playing on my own I'm fucking terrible. :/

Is it me, or were those survey questions trying to make people contradict themselves and answer incorrectly in order to make it clear who they shouldn't invite into the beta?

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks! Did anyone else select "No Opinion" on everything as well? lol

Sanic

Done. Though if it ends up being anything like the Dota 2 hardware survey, i'll need to rely on the generosity of others in order to get my key.

Makoto

I've played probably less than 5 hours of DotA, answered that survey with a "who cares" attitude and immediately received a key afterwards when I really didn't give a shit. I actually want to play the GO beta, so I bet I won't get a key anytime soon.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I hope i get in. css is the only game i play atm.

just looked at my statistics. i played this sucka for more than 500 hours.

Wthermans

Banned
Done. I actually knew the answers to these questions compared to the DOTA2 survey so hopefully I'll get a Beta invite sooner.

5amshift

Banned
Signed up. Although I don't have a good enough PC to handle it yet, if I do get an invite I'll give it to somebody here that wanted one.

Collete

Thats what they want you to think.

This could be true.

I had not played DotA before and wanted to try Dota 2, so I filled out the survey; similar to this one.

And I never got the key...

Maybe I'll get lucky with this since I actually play a decent amount of FPS games!

Top Bottom