• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Game Changers Talk Show Stream (Live interviews with three environmentalists)

Status
Not open for further replies.

guek

Banned
EA is hosting a live stream of their "Game Changers" event at GDC starting at 6pm Pacific Standard Time

link
uh watch here: http://www.simcity.com/gdc
or here http://pc.ign.com/articles/121/1219897p1.html

Speakers include :

SCOTT HARRISON
Founder and CEO of charity: water
Scott spent 10 years as an event promoter in New York City before leaving to volunteer on a hospital ship off the coast of Liberia, Africa as a volunteer photojournalist. Returning home to New York City two years later, he founded the non-profit organization charity: water in 2006. Turning his full attention to the global water crisis and the one billion people without clean water to drink, he created public installations and innovative online fundraising platforms to spread international awareness of the issue. In five years, with the help of more than 250,000 donors worldwide, charity: water has raised over $60 million and funded 6,185 water projects in 19 developing nations. Those projects will provide over 2.5 million people with clean, safe drinking water. Scott was recently recognized in Fortune Magazine’s 40 Under 40 list and Forbes’ Impact 30 list. His personal story has been featured in more than 400 media outlets, including ABC’s 20/20 and Nicholas Kristof’s column in the New York Times. More information at www.charitywater.org.

DAVIS GUGGENHEIM
Academy award winning director and producer
Davis Guggenheim is a critically acclaimed, Academy Award-winning director and producer, whose early work includes many television dramas such as DEADWOOD, NYPD BLUE and 24. He transitioned into directing non-fiction films with THE FIRST YEAR, which aired on PBS in 2001 and won a Peabody Award. AN INCONVENIENT TRUTH, featuring former Vice President Al Gore, was theatrically distributed by Paramount in 2006, won an Academy Award for Best Documentary. IT MIGHT GET LOUD, featuring Jimmy Page, The Edge and Jack White was theatrically distributed by Sony Pictures Classics in 2009. Guggenheim also directed Barack Obama's biographical film for the 2008 Democratic National Convention, as well as Obama’s 30-minute primetime infomercial. Guggenheim’s latest film, WAITING FOR SUPERMAN, premiered at the 2010 Sundance Film Festival and took home the Best US Documentary Audience Award. It was released in September 2010 by Paramount and has since won the Gotham Festival Genius Award, as well as the PGA Award, Critics’ Choice Award, and the National Board of Review Award. He recently completed FROM THE SKY DOWN, a documentary about the band U2.

BIZ STONE
Biz Stone has been named Nerd of the Year by GQ, one of most influential persons in the world by TIME, and dubbed Most Useless by Valleywag. Biz Stone means different things to different people but the main thrust of his work over the past decade plus has been developing collaborative web systems freely accessed by hundreds of millions of people worldwide. As a progenitor of the early social web, Biz became an Internet entrepreneur in 1999 and went on to work for Google. Later, Stone co-founded Twitter which launched in 2006. In June of 2011 with his long time collaborators Evan Williams and Jason Goldman, Stone co-founded The Obvious Corporation to focus on building systems that help people work together to improve the world. An adamant believer that when we help others, we also help ourselves, Stone supports a new way of doing business with a higher level of ambition, and a better, more altruistic way to measure success. Beyond immediate needs, Stone advocates selflessness; insisting we follow this path in order to deliver deeper meaning in our work and in so doing, place value before profit. Along with his wife, Livia, Stone was named a Huffington Post Game Changer for their work and impact in the field of public service. Together, the couple operates The Biz and Livia Stone Foundation supporting education and conservation in California. Stone is an advisor to several companies and organizations and a visiting scholar at various universities. Biz lives in Marin County, California with his wife Livia and son Jacob.

It's presently unclear how much there will be to get excited for considering the background of the speakers, but word on the street is there will be EA announcements in some form.

Edit: evidently there will be some major announcements after all!
maxisbdbb9.png

EatChildren said:
List of studios and their known/expected games, courtesy of Nirolak.

BioWare: Generals 2, Dragon Age 3
DICE: They have something that's not Battlefield, what it is isn't clear.
Danger Close: Medal of Honor 2
Visceral: Dead Space 3, Army of Four, Dante's Inferno 2, at least 2 new IPs
Maxis/PlayFish: Sim City Facebook
Respawn: New IP
Insomniac: Overstrike, Outernauts
EA Partners: Populous
Criterion: Hot Pursuit 2
PopCap: They are presumably doing something.
EA Canada: FIFA 13, NBA Elite 13, NHL
Tiburon: Madden 13

I'll try to keep this OP updated as much as possible during the event
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sim City officially announced

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
MoH and Sim City 5 will be here for sure.

Their conferences almost always have 10 games, so expect a lot.

2am....hmm....

It won't be worth staying up for and I'll regret it tomorrow morning, but on the other hand...it's video games..

=/

GameE

I think there will be a lot of social games there because of the speakers. And they will have a conference at E3 so they will probably save biggest stuff for then

mclaren777

I would happily pay $100+ for both Mirror's Edge 2 and TimeSplitters 4, but I'm more excited to hear Scott Harrison talk about Charity Water.

That man is somewhat of a hero to me. <3

DTKT

DAIII

Third person magic shooter with PVP. No dialogue choices.

:|

Slightly interested by Warfighter. Besides a terrible name, I want to see if it can actually have an identity and not just be a mish mash of COD and BF.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I really should head to bed, but due to potential footage from some Wii U game at this event I'm staying awake. SimCity 5 I find alluring as well.

hym

Banned
I'm kinda hoping we will learn what Respawn has been working on, I get that they're only EA Partners etc but it has been 2 years since West and Zampella got kicked out of Infinity Ward.

Oh no, it looks like I'm staying up to watch this.

What has my life become!?

edit: no forget it, I'm not this sad that I'll stay up until 3am watching Fifa and sims announcements, but now that I've gone to bed Dead Space 3 and Timespliters 4 will be announced.

If Mirrors Edge 2 gets announced I will do a victory parkour lap around my building, which will actually be me just kicking walls and falling down.

C'mon EA. You know that's something you want to see.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Wait, so can we actually expect considerable game reveals during this event?

Seda

"Together we have the #Power2Change the world...big announcement coming, watch here" @EA

What would be the "Big" announcement? Sim City?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom