• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SOULCALIBUR V World Championships | 8-player international tournament | April 10

USD

fMcSR.jpg

SOULCALIBUR V - The Official World Championship Trailer

STREAM

The event starts at 7PM PDT (UTC -7), stream provided by Team Sp00ky:

http://www.own3d.tv/teamspooky

INFO

Mad Catz is running a special promotion for the SOULCALIBUR V Arcade FightStick SOUL Edition; Use coupon code "SCV100" to purchase the stick for $100 from the GameShark store. Valid through 4/17, North America only.

From the PlayStation.Blog:

On April 10, 2012 eight qualifying players from tournaments held across the globe will be facing each other to battle it out for the SOULCALIBUR V World Championship title in Las Vegas, Nevada. With over $10,000 in prizing, arcade sticks, games and more going to the combatants, this will be an event to go down in the history books. And we’re even giving fans a chance to win cool items by tuning into the action!

The SOULCALIBUR V World Championships will be broadcasted live by community stream evangelist Team Spooky, featuring hype and play by play commentary by Fighting Game Community leader Mark “MarkMan” Julio and myself, Rich “FilthieRich” Bantegui, to keep fans updated and entertained. Special guest and game director, Daishi Odashima will also be in attendance to chat about the game with fans at the event.

We invite you to watch this “HYPE” SOULCALIBUR V World Championships event, and for a chance to win awesome swag from our event partners – Hori, Mad Catz and Sony Computer Entertainment America! Make sure to tune into the stream on April 10 at 7:00pm PST at: http://www.own3d.tv/teamspooky. For questions you can tag me directly at http://www.twitter.com/Filthierich or check out http://www.facebook.com/SOULCALIBUR.

The Project Soul team, and NAMCO BANDAI Games have made it a priority to listen and engage the competitive fighting community during development and through the release of SOULCALIBUR V. We’re listening, taking notes and letting fans voice their opinions to help us keep the SOULCALIBUR franchise as one of the best fighting series out there. The SOULCALIBUR V World Championship is an excellent opportunity to see the passion and heart that goes into competitive tournaments and we plan to support more tournaments in the future.

SPONSORS
HORI
Mad Catz
Namco-Bandai Games

PLAYERS

SOULCALIBUR V World Championships Bracket

Player list, plus video of Grand Finals of the respective tournament. Note that the Japanese tournament is a 4-player round-robin league.

OmegaDR (Dominican Republic): Winner, FINAL ROUND XV
Toilet (Japan): 2nd Place, SOULCALIBUR V 最強日本一決定戦 PS3部門* (Jump to 31:30) "SOULCALIBUR V Strongest in Japan Deciding Battle, PS3 Division"
SHK (Japan): 2nd Place, SOULCALIBUR V 最強日本一決定戦 360部門* (Jump to 1:05:30) "SOULCALIBUR V Strongest in Japan Deciding Battle, 360 Division"
Hyrul (United Kingdom): Winner, SoulCalibur Impact 2012
Akire (France): 2nd Place, SoulCalibur Impact 2012
RTD (USA) - 2nd Place, MLG Winter Championship
Keev the Nightmare (France): Winner, MLG Winter Championship
NoFaceKiller (USA) - Winner, NorCal Regionals 10

*Plasma (JP) and Arutena (JP) won the PS3 and 360 league tournaments, respectively, but because of the World Championships taking place on a weekday, conflicting with their respective work schedules, were unable to attend.

Doomshine

Jesus, I just realized that this is going to be 4am for me :/

Anyway...

NoFaceKiller said he's going to play Cervantes because he thinks his Nightmare won't be able to compete with Keev or OmegaDR. He told Namco that they should put Cervantes as his main, but they still put Ivy lol.

I'm curious if Hyrul is still going to play Tira post patch and I want to see what the Japanese players can do, especially the Zwei player.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Is it true that everyone is free to Keev ?

d0c_zaius

I like hype and all but theres no reason to overhype every single thing. the OOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH gets old after 2 mins.

ETR is mad annoying in the crowd as usual.

I like hype and all but theres no reason to overhype every single thing. the OOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH gets old after 2 mins.

ETR is mad annoying in the crowd as usual.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of getting extremely loud over every little thing. Which is why I dislike Juicebox's commentary, although I noticed that a lot of people do like it though.

Chavelo

/sips coffee cup

Waiting for some Boshy. I do agree that the hype looks a bit fabricated, but these finals with 8wayrun on the side is a mighty fine streaming session for a Tuesday nigh-

Yeah, I'm not a fan of fake hype. Which is why I dislike Juicebox's commentary...

tumblr_lrositbeWU1r1ue33o1_500.gif

d0c_zaius

Yeah, I'm not a fan of getting extremely loud over every little thing. Which is why I dislike Juicebox's commentary, although I noticed that a lot of people do like it though.

well Juicebox seems genuine (bordering on a little insane), but this is coming off pretty forced.

I guess its worth noting that these guys rode 4 hours on a bus to this event so they are going to be like this.

I'm not talking about Filthy Rich though, as hes always hype like this when commentating and its awesome.

Wiz

Don't think I can make it through the whole tourney as I'm on the East Coast but I'll watch as much as I can.

Top Bottom