• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan does it again: BK Have It Your Way (With 15 strips of bacon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zyzyxxz

http://eater.com/archives/2012/04/1...-bacon-strips-on-a-burger-for-110-yen-124.php

Japanese Link: http://www.burgerkingjapan.co.jp/campaign/cp50.html?page=all

The Periclean age of bacon continues: Yesterday Burger King in Japan launched a campaign that allows you to super-bacon-size a hamburger by adding an optional 15 strips of bacon for a paltry 110 Yen ($1.24 USD in today's exchange rates). That is "500% UP!!" from the normal amount of bacon.

Yes that's 500% more bacon.
img_cp50.jpg

0151512.jpg

Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=coI1E6STjAk

Noirulus

Isn't it bad for your health to eat more than 4 strips of bacon a day? I remember reading in some recent article.

Sinople

Alternatively, you can have 3 additional strips for 60 yen instead, which is a better deal
for the health

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Take a trip to Japan this summer? Kobe beef, bacon.

Ferrio

Banned
I keep wanting to make a bacon patty. The whole patty is nothing but bacon. You take slices of bacon, boil them to render out most the fat, chopp it up finely, put it in a patty with maybe some kinda binding and cook the bitch up.

aznpxdd

I keep wanting to make a bacon patty. The whole patty is nothing but bacon. You take slices of bacon, boil them to render out most the fat, chopp it up finely, put it in a patty with maybe some kinda binding and cook the bitch up.

What's the point of bacon without the fat.......

This is one reason why I always seem to regret living in the countryside 2 hours away from Tokyo. Tokyo gets all the good stuff. I totally would buy one if I were close to a BK. Too bad there aren't many BK restaurants in Japan outside of Tokyo. Boo.

Mordeccai

15 strips for $1.24? What sort of bacon breakthrough has BK come up with to sell bacon at such a low price?

This is what I want to know!

What devilry is happening behind the closed doors of Burger King where this shit is profitable. I go to the store, buy a pack of bacon (What is it, 12 pieces in a pack in the States as a standard?) And the shit costs six dollars.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Why not just grind it? Grind it a couple times and you should be able to patty it up.

Ferrio

Banned
Why not just grind it? Grind it a couple times and you should be able to patty it up.

Not sure, I assume with that much fat content it'll fall apart... not to mention you'll get more meat if you render the fat out. But hey i saw it on food network.

Ughhhh watching him try to chew all that at the end of the video almost made me throw up... I fucking hate bacon, especially on my hamburger.

Alrus

This is what I want to know!

What devilry is happening behind the closed doors of Burger King where this shit is profitable. I go to the store, buy a pack of bacon (What is it, 12 pieces in a pack in the States as a standard?) And the shit costs six dollars.

Yeah well, BK probably buys hundreds of slices of bacon wholesale and it's a lot cheaper that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom