• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New thread for new news? No online pass for Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition (!?)

fernoca

Well, I've been hearing/reading about this over the last weeks.
But after a fellow GAF user mentioned it in the OT and searching around online, other forums, etc. and even a YouTube unboxing video. Seems it is confirmed.

Guess this is good news for those on the fence, but not wanting it because of said pass; at least in North America. If any of the 2 people that bought it on PAL regions can confirm it; post in here. :p

NA version still includes a voucher for the 1995 movie and the 2011 soundtrack.
The game has been on sale already for $30 and the MSRP seem to has been lowered to $50 (again in NA, UK price was £24.99 but it lacks both extras).

EDIT:
Confirmed for PAL editions too: ;)
Yeah I bought here in PAL land. No online pass needed.

EDIT 2:
In case there's some confusion (as noted on chubigans' post); this means that to play online you just choose the option and go there. You won't be asked to put or buy a pass, neither you'll get a trial.

EDIT 3: (May 10, 2012)
Online Pass is no longer needed on regular/vanilla copies of the original game neither.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Good news. I was gonna ask if this is the first time a game dropped the online pass, but technically Driver SF was the first to do it after some kind of technical difficulty and made the online pass free permanently

Glix

Yeah, I got worried at first when there was no code in the box.

Also, the DLC and stuff is all on the disc, the codes provided are only for the movie and the soundtrack (XBOX rev)

AlexBasch

I was thinking of getting the vanilla game and buy the online pass from a friend that has no online available, but fuck it, sold. Really enjoyed the game.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Same trophy set?

Or new trophy set, might double dip, get both copies =D down the line

Card Boy

Banned
From my understanding from reading the OP is Australians can import the Komplete Edition and not have to worry about an online pass on our PSN/XBL accounts?

fernoca

That was the meaning of my post last month. No DLC at all.
Noticed that back then. But the way you worded it, sounded like you meant costumes, etc. Since the expectation was that (all DLC in the disc) but an online pass-code somewhere in there (as in some cases, this passes are a code behind the [lack of] manual.

fernoca

Necro bump of sorts, but just to confirm that the Online Pass is no longer needed on vaniilla copies. It seems also that it's not longer available for sale on the Marketplace (Xbox Live at least) for obvious reasons.

Blueblur1

Question: Did they ever confirm if the costumes added in the Vita version were going to be available for the console versions? (I'm under the impression there are new costumes in the Vita version.)

Necro bump of sorts, but just to confirm that the Online Pass is no longer needed on vaniilla copies. It seems also that it's not longer available for sale on the Marketplace (Xbox Live at least) for obvious reasons.

This has been the case for months now... i may have even mentioned it in your OT :p

fernoca

Question: Did they ever confirm if the costumes added in the Vita version were going to be available for the console versions? (I'm under the impression there are new costumes in the Vita version.)
At the moment they haven't said anything; other than there are no plans for "more DLC" on the console versions. The expectation is that they won't release them, but who knows. On the Vita version, Skarlet and Kenshi were the only ones that got actual new costumes while the rest of the costumes are retro-ninjas (even Rain's only alt). So it shouldn't be "hard" to release another "klassic pack" of sorts.

This has been the case for months now... i may have even mentioned it in your OT :p
Guess I missed it. :p
Between August 2011 and February 2012 there was no mention of it in the original OT and the Komplete OT only alluded to that version not having it, but still a mystery if the regular version was the same.

Still, good news anyway for those on the fence because of the pass. A few around here were quite vocal about not buying the game because of that, so they can buy now a cheaper vanilla version and the DLC without needing to also pay for a pass.

Top Bottom