• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I think I have a crush on my co-worker

• Thread starter Deleted member 81567
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Update on Post 200.

**WARNING THIS THREAD MUST BE READ FIRST: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=449715

Well, I've been working in a doctor's office for a year and a half now, and I became close friends with this cute greek chick that's like 23 (I'm 19.) I had some feelings for her the first time I saw her, but it slowly diminished after I found out she had a buff boyfriend for 6 years
(he would comfortably beat the shit out of me if i tried anything.)

Anyway, she recently broke up with her boyfriend, and now it looks I have feelings for her again. Patients would tell us we'd make a great couple but she'd always say "I look at Dennis as a brother."(yeah right) but now it looks like she's into me. Probably nothing though.

Then there's my girlfriend; we're still together but I really don't know what's gonna happen. She's waiting for me to go back to Cyprus for the summer even though I'd want to stay and move on with my life here. I do still love her though.

So what should I do NeoGAF? Ignore my feelings for this co-worker and just go back to Cyprus for the summer? Break up with my girlfriend and try to hook up with co-worker?

?

?

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Actually forgot to mention, I also have another co-worker that's really into me but I'm not. She's cute, but not as good looking as the greek chick.

If you're considering breaking up with the gf for another woman you should just break up with her now.
Nah, I've always had those feelings but they just go by like it was nothing. Just wanted to ask GAF for a change.

Riggs

Banned
Don't fuck where you work man. Sorry all the other good slogans were used already. It always ends up bad.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe I should just have sex with the other co-worker? I'm very lonely NeoGAF.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
All that "don't date co-workers" stuff being some sort of rule is BS. It may or may not be true for your workplace, or for the individual people involved, but I've dated co-workers many times, and I've known many co-workers who successfully dated each other.

But I'd say you have bigger problems. She looks at you like a brother? Yeah, give that up. Beyond friendzone.

Never dip your pen in the company ink.

tumblr_l6h95zGXjn1qbtj2uo1_500esperanzaduh.jpg

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Dipping in the company ink could work, but almost always, never does. Either way, I think you should end it with your girl, if you are thinking about hooking up with other women.

Aguirre

ArKpN.gif

do it.

what's the worst that can happen? you get together, it doesn't work out. it turns awkward, you can't look at her, she can't stand the sight of you. also, you have to act professional in front of other workers and patients, so false smiles and laughs. you realize your work feels longer because you no longer have fun. oh and your current girlfriend? she found out and hates you too

so in summation, don't do it.

You only live once. If it feels right, do it.

If you're certain you want to make a life where you are, let your current girlfriend know so she can respond and get on with her social / love life accordingly.

edit: the other thread says she's dithering over moving to America or England... well, I don't think that changes much. Search your feelings, do you still want to be with her or are you staying in a long distance mire with her because it feels better than being single?

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
Is this another attempt to get a tag?

Either way, never good date someone you work with. You will always see them and after a while it will get bland and just boring constantly seeing them. Then when you break up it will have all this tension between you and the whole work area. So just shut it down right now and stay in the brother zone, it's been working fine up until now.

If one of you quits however, that is a different story. Also, I agree with the other posters, if you aren't all that in to your current girl, might as well save her some time and cut it off so she can find someone new.

Valnen

I've been faithful to her for all 3.5 years. Her on the other hand...

If you're unhappy enough with the relationship that you're looking elsewhere you're not being faithful either. It's time to stop wasting time, for both of you, and just end it.

soultron

Banned
...she'd always say "I look at Dennis as a brother."
Sorry, dude. Game's over before it even started.

Also, don't fuck up your working dynamic. Don't shit where you eat, etc. Never ends well. It seems awesome at first, then you fuck it up and it goes horribly. Don't fucking do it. You'll think you're different and you can make it work, but the reality is that you're probably not different and you'll probably get fucked (not in a good way) in the end.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
If you're unhappy enough with the relationship that you're looking elsewhere you're not being faithful either. It's time to stop wasting time, for both of you, and just end it.

I'm not unhappy, just considering my options. I want the relationship to continue but if you read the other thread you'd know my obstacles.

Jibbed

Dip in all the inks!

Seriously though, if you're feeling lonely and things don't look great with your current long-distance GF, you should probably look at addressing the latter first.

Speaking from experience, long-term relationships + distance + relatively young age = disaster waiting to happen. Unless this Cypriot girl is really special and you can't imagine being with anyone else, you need to end it dude.

Maybe look for someone local?

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
You only live once. If it feels right, do it.

If you're certain you want to make a life where you are, let your current girlfriend know so she can respond and get on with her social / love life accordingly.

edit: the other thread says she's dithering over moving to America or England... well, I don't think that changes much. Search your feelings, do you still want to be with her or are you staying in a long distance mire with her because it feels better than being single?
She's going to England btw; and yes, what you said is part of the reason. Also because I do still love her.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
You'd think from every "don't dip the pen in company ink" reference that every office romance ends in some big career-jeopardizing public scene at work.

On the contrary... I've known many successful workplace relationships... Some of them ended peacefully, some of them continued into marriages.

I don't know why it's supposed to be some sort of hard rule... unless it's some sort of playboy ethos so you can more easily switch mates at the drop of a hat :p

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Just realized my life can be ruined with this one thread.

I want the relationship to continue but if you read the other thread you'd know my obstacles.

Do you? You've found you've got an open mind about a girl at work, you've been arguing with your GF and you're not sure where she's going to be in future...

how long do you go between seeing each other?

Do you know what she wants to do with her life? Can you extrapolate that into what she's probably going to want to do with herself for the next few years? How about what you want to do?

If you want different things, or circumstances are going to keep you apart for painful amounts of time while you (and perhaps her) face natural temptation, I think you need to search yourself and be honest with yourself. If you still arrive at the conclusion that you want it to continue, then fair play. I don't want to sow doubt in your mind, but if you're feeling these things, she probably is too. Long distance isn't easy..

dark_chris

Gold Member
I dated a co-worker before. it was fine. When we broke up, we still maintained a professional relationship because we both knew it would be harmful for us.

Now I have a crush on my boss, thats something even worse.

Jibbed

I've been faithful to her for all 3.5 years. Her on the other hand...

Just seen this. Dude, why are you hanging on? You're 19, right? It's not like this is your last chance.

Get out there and sample all the inks, just not the company one.

Just realized my life can be ruined with this one thread.

I think the sooner you get all of this over with and start afresh, the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom