• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You May Be a Certain Type of Gamer if...

You recently bought a PS3 for one game: House of The Dead 4, and you have zero interest in any of the Western exclusives.

You listen to Ducktales : The Moon when you are feeling depressed. And you cry a little.

On a day off from work, your perfect morning consists of: A cup of coffee, a cigarette, and a Cave STG.

Your idea of bedroom conversation is talkiing about the brilliant level design of Bangai-O HD.

You consider 1CC'ing the original House of the Dead arcade, on hard, in front of 3 other 14 year olds, in 1998, to be the crowning achievement of your life.

You know what 1CC stands for.

You are still more impressed with Sega Super GT running on Model 3 hardware than you are the Samaritan demo.

Segata Sanshiro is your one and only oldschool karate hero. Chuck Norris who?

You have gone through 4 or 5 360’s due to RROD, and stuck with the system because it’s the only place to play Virtua Fighter 5 ver. C, Deathsmiles, and Virtual On Oratorio Tangram.

You not only know what Virtual On Oratorio Tangram is, but you know how to spell it.

You listen to NES Megaman music in your car, and totally rock out to the breakdowns in TopMan’s stage.

Again, tears may follow, depending on mood. You consider Megaman music to be superior to most if not all of the rock music released in the 2000’s.

More to come. Add your own. It’s fun.

You consider 1CC'ing the original House of the Dead arcade, on hard, in front of 3 other 14 year olds, in 1998, to be the crowning achievement of your life.

Played HotD1 arcade at a movie theater like a week and a half ago. I refuse to believe someone can 1CC that shit. I didn't even beat the first level.

nny

Hey, you got Segata's name right this time; good job.

Isn't everyone a certain type of gamer by definition?

Played HotD1 arcade at a movie theater like a week and a half ago. I refuse to believe someone can 1CC that shit. I didn't even beat the first level.

I'm here to tell you that is is possible. Anything is possible if you put your mind to it, and drink enough red bull.

If you don't die, and I think shoot enough of the gold frogs, you even get a special item room right before Magician. When I first got their I nearly pissed myself. Though it still doesn't help, Magician is freakin impossible, you still need a lil luck to pull off a 1CC.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
OP, this...this was probably not a good idea.

What are you hoping to gain out of this thread? Are you looking for a thread where people discuss things that interest you specifically? Or a thread where everyone circle-jerks over how much they love obscure Japanese games? I mean, a Japanese gaming OT doesn't sound like the worst idea, hell I'd post in it, but if that's what you're after, it seems like you're going about it quite wrong. Help me understand what you're after with this thread, man. Because right now you're coming off like the gaming equivalent of those anime super-fans who revel in the fact that they imported unsubbed VHS copies of Evangelion back in the 90's.

You might be unstable if you make posts like this

I like you bro. I follow your posts over the years, you're a cool guy. And you are definitely ... a certain type of gamer, without question.

I appreciate the persistence, and the attempt at the thread concept. But my advice: let it go man. Just let it go.

I believe in the thread concept. Some people get it. It's my duty to see this through to completion, be it good or bad, be it account death, I don't care, I'm willing to see this through.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
How in the hell?? are you an undercore voodoo assasin?

I am going to 1CC Guardian Heroes, while listening to the Super Mario Bros theme tune...

I am lost for words???

if I start disagreeing with you OP will you lose your shit again??

vazel

Banned
Are you seriously peacocking? You're on an enthusiast forum, you don't need to do that here.

happy.gif

MYE

I find N64 era graphics to have a certain.... charm (?)

Just the other day i was genuinly "admiring" Shadowman's blocky graphics on the N64

You read the list and you either go.

"This desrcibes me. Sorta. I imported a Famicom just to play Draculas Curse with extra sound channels"

Or you go.

"Lol wut"

It will tell me what type of gamer you are.

I kinda wish I could afford to import a famicom/cv3 for the extra sound channels. >_>

Top Bottom