• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Custom Steam icons for Grid View

Nabs

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - Multiplayer
ii5Z3BqPisRAm.png

How did you do this so quickly? Bravo, sir. I was gonna DL the old package with about 900 images to see how you managed to get the could to 1,100+ and still keep the size down, while fixing the resolutions... how?

Now, there has to be a way for you to categorize all of them alphabetically, once you collect all the new ones we've all been releasing... it'll be past 1000 and could be the place to go for all things "Custom Steam GRID Icons". :)

It was actually because you mentioned looking for a bulk re-sizer. I ended up doing research, and found that Photoshop actually has a mass re-sizer built into it, which was able to take care of most of the images.

And I agree about releasing something that has everybody's creations all categorized. I'm hoping that a website will come up that will have a list of games and each image that somebody created for that game.

jbpaz

Here's some I made real quick

kjfkl.png
oRMyQ.png

eaKMN.png
uCniW.png

eme5Q.png
k6XPf.png

Edit: Made some Battlefield 3 ones out of Screen shots. Some might enjoy these.

PRbs3.png
TqKjI.png

DMMaz.png
kphVV.png

NZuZs.png

gillty

Banned
http://www.abload.de/img/smg2vkzgp.png[IMG]
[IMG]http://www.abload.de/img/xbcktx2f.png[IMG]
[IMG]http://www.abload.de/img/lozwwavxls.png[IMG]
[IMG]http://www.abload.de/img/lozssrq90f.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
Final Fantasy XII International
[IMG]http://www.abload.de/img/ff12ijzsiiy7j.png
Yakuza
yakuzakiybi.png

Pro

I saw FFVII and FFVIII. Could somebody please post a custom FFIX?

EDIT: And the original Guild Wars?

vid

As a huge Myst buff, the lack of customization for the grid view has bothered me for quite some time... so glad they finally implemented it.

Did a couple of basic ones for Myst III: Exile and Myst IV: Revelation, since those are the only two games in the series that aren't available on Steam. I'll probably knock something together for Uru Live (the free to play online game) shortly as well.

exile.jpg
revelation.jpg

Pro

What I've made so far. Should be plenty of love for those that know how to properly make emulator shortcuts.

How do you properly make an emulator shortcut? Say for Dolphin?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!

Create a .bat (open notepad save as game.bat)

Example: "C:\Program Files\Dolphin\dolphin.exe" /e "C:\Program Files\Dolphin\Games\GAME.iso" /b

Then convert that .bat to an exe with a tool like this online one; make sure to select the invisible radial so it will hide the command line when launched. After that its as simple as adding that exe to steam.
http://www.f2ko.de/programs.php?lang=en&pid=ob2e

What I've made so far. Should be plenty of love for those that know how to properly make emulator shortcuts.

In the 'Target' box in Properties you should see the path to the emulator in quotes. Add a space then the path to the game file (your rom or ISO or whatever) in quotation marks. i.e.

"C:\Whatever\Blahblah" "C:\Whatever\Blahblah\CRAB NICHOLSON.GBA"

Then depending on the emulator, you can tell it to just open in fullscreen mode. (for PCSX2 this is under Emulation Settings -> GS Window)

If you're using PCSX2 you can also make multiple copies of the main PCSX2 folder and name each one after a game. This means you don't have to reconfigure every time you play a different game. Just make sure to use a shortcut to the PCSX2.exe in the folder of the game of your choice.

[A] http://www.abload.de/img/examplebjkcno.png

Edit: Dunno which method is best. It's nice to have options.

Speaking of options, here's another God Hand icon I made

godhand-steam-2zqu7x.png

And a Persona 4 icon that I didn't

p4-steam-2667pa.jpg

Hellix

Just made a couple for myself by looking for some images and resizing them. If anyone cares:

Sven Co-op
N1dH1.jpg

Kreedz Climbing
XBe9l.jpg

World of Tanks
Urgxs.jpg

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
All the icons I applied yesterday have disappeared. Don't know why that would happen.

Fuzzy

Moved or deleted the original image files? Steam apparently has to load the icons on startup.
I originally had all of mine on my desktop as I was making and adding them to Steam. I later put them all in a folder for safe keeping just in case I needed them again. Shut down then restart Steam and all of them are still there. mattiewheels probably just encountered a glitch like when Steam randomly deletes all game categories for some people. Shit happens.

zkylon

zkylewd
I originally had all of mine on my desktop as I was making and adding them to Steam. I later put them all in a folder for safe keeping just in case I needed them again. Shut down then restart Steam and all of them are still there. mattiewheels probably just encountered a glitch like when Steam randomly deletes all game categories for some people. Shit happens.
Really? I was talking from experience, I had mine on my desktop as well, then did just as you and the result was them getting deleted. Maybe it was bad luck, that's all.

Fuzzy

I liked this Portal 2 one but I changed it a bit.

uK1TW.png

In case someone wants a dark one.

I5fGS.png

Really? I was talking from experience, I had mine on my desktop as well, then did just as you and the result was them getting deleted. Maybe it was bad luck, that's all.
Yeah, I even just tried it again but this time completely removing the file from my PC. Still there in Steam after a restart.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
The default F.E.A.R. icon is kinda lame with the EX PAX INCLUDED line underneath, so I made this. I *think* the logo is centered well enough, but I am terrible at judging this sort of thing, so maybe not.

jbniNEdNKNDEBA.png

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - Multiplayer
http://i.minus.com/ii5Z3BqPisRAm.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

I am glad I'm not the only who felt the MP icon lacked this.

The default F.E.A.R. icon is kinda lame with the EX PAX INCLUDED line underneath, so I made this. I *think* the logo is centered well enough, but I am terrible at judging this sort of thing, so maybe not.

jbniNEdNKNDEBA.png

I am glad I'm not the only who felt the MP icon lacked this.

you should make the expansion logos without the purple DLC bar.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
I can't be the only person here, that can't get this pictures to work? What god must I sacrifice to?

Teknoman

I saw this and just made it the right size. I'm not sure about how a SNES one should look.

Game Boy Advance

G8A8t.png

Something simple maybe? A combo the logo, with the button logo, and the controller somewhere in there?

snes_logo.png

snes-controller.jpg

Not exactly like whats been posted of course.

By the way this thread is amazing.

Mechazawa

Anyone know how to pull icons already on Steam?

I managed to get one for Vampire - Bloodlines for my non-steam copy by going to store page and hitting an age gate(which shows you a perfectly sized version of the steam icons)

But I've got a couple icons for non M-rated games I wanna get and...don't really know how.

CMDBob

Battlezone (1998)

battlezonex1yks.png

Heh, I made my own Battlezone (1998) image, and one for Battlezone 2, as well.

BZ1:
iqjaXJA95Zq70.png

BZ2:
ibfUktiaGi1dG4.png

(hard to find both hi-res and high quality shots of the BZ2 box, that's the best I could find and work with...)

Plus, made one for the original Command and Conquer, as well.

iKibqxihZ64gE.png

Top Bottom