• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLG: Halo 4 War Games/Spartan Ops Full Match Videos

see5harp

Crazy how far along they are in development. They've gotta be nearly finished and they've got months to go.

Venfayth

Beep beep boop boop.

I like the gun sounds and the visual radar pulse thing. The pistol looks good again, too.

Wait, loadouts? Killstreaks? Wuuuut? Halo of Duty?

Can't wait to get my hands on this game. I just wish levels would get an aesthetic overhaul. I'm tired of round purple Covy levels, metallic Forerunner, etc...

I miss the aesthetic of levels like Chill Out and Damnation. The originals. Before they got the new Halo look.

LQX

I wished they would have figured out a way to minimize the energy bar and gun/bullets indicator. Why keep that? Hate how it looks.

23lntav.gif

Raide

Looks like Halo! Some nice HUD changes and the overall graphical style look amazing...FUCK THAT AND GIVE ME FORGE!

JonCha

Crazy how far along they are in development. They've gotta be nearly finished and they've got months to go.

I believe the structure of the campaign was done a while back, and they're now internally testing multiplayer. Hence no public beta.

Wow, thats a lot of footage, and man does it look sexy. The SP obviously looks fantastic, but Im still surprised by how good the MP looks as well.

Farooq

Banned
So promethean vison is a bit like enhanced vison from shadowrun.

I liked how Walshy was asking the Dev if you can see someone using PV (first video), and if you can mask yourself from it. The dev said he couldn't talk about it right now.

I really hope there is a counter to PV, it seems like a very powerful ability.

I don't know if Camo is still an armor ability in this game. I would think Camo could be a hard counter to PV.
The same way smoke was a counter to enhanced vision in shadowrun.

Woorloog

Banned
Pistol seems really weak though.

Yeah, a bit. I can understand they've made the pistol a backup weapon but... Frankly the plasma pistol seems to be so much better, offering more utility.
Hopefully they'll tweak it a bit, like adding 2 more rounds to the magazine.

I like the fact it is pretty much Shield down = 1 round in the head.

Plasma Pistol overcharge + any headshot weapon is the same, and the plasma pistol has EMP vs vehicles as well. Just tell my why i wouldn't use BR/DMR/Carbine and Plasma Pistol over something + Magnum?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Plasma Pistol overcharge + any headshot weapon is the same, and the plasma pistol has EMP vs vehicles as well. Just tell my why i wouldn't use BR/DMR/Carbine and Plasma Pistol over something + Magnum?

I can think of a hundred reasons in Spartan Ops, and a few for Slayer and CTF.

Yeah, a bit. I can understand they've made the pistol a backup weapon but... Frankly the plasma pistol seems to be so much better, offering more utility.
Hopefully they'll tweak it a bit, like adding 2 more rounds to the magazine.

Ya exactly, why would anyone use the magnum?

Woorloog

Banned
I can think of a hundred reasons in Spartan Ops, and a few for Slayer and CTF.

Look at my avatar. Do you see that medal? It's there for a reason. EMP forever. It's just too good to pass up, especially since most people do no understand the EMP effect's value. Unless you nerfed it. I don't know what i'd do then.

Alternatively i'd use Firepower, BR/DMR/Carbine with Storm Rifle/AR (ofc you haven't revealed all the weapons yet... but from the current ones).

There is a special joy that comes from whipping out the pistol and squeezing 1 round out to down someone as they flee for their lives. :D

Good point. But i'd rather not have to change to the magnum in the first place.

Woorloog

Banned
As a secondary, logically, the magnum should be as useful as the PP. In those videos, it doesn't even seem close.

It probably is with AR and Storm Rifle, since those cannot headshot. But it still sounds a bit weak. Though i'm confident 343i will make sure it is useful, i mean, Frankie at least knows our worries.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Top Bottom