• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Ninja will consider DOA5 for Wii U after 360/PS3 release

Instro

Lol. "Once everyone tells us how shit our first release is, we will fix it and re-release on the WiiU."

It's coming, but it's a fighting game. Unless there's significant new content (which I wouldn't be happy with, because I'd be getting it when it comes out first), all it will sell to are people who want the game but couldn't get it before.

Which is...who, exactly?

Bob White

No Wii U arcade stick in sight.
Online plans still not public.
Base controller not ideal for Pad Warriors.

Yeah...no. A lot of things will need to change for me even to consider thinking Wii U first for fighters.

Linkhero1

I wonder if they'll go ahead and add Nintendo characters/stages to this one. Would love Zero Suit Samus as a playable character ;)

wsippel

Banned

Yeah...no. A lot of things will need to change for me even to consider thinking Wii U first for fighters.
With two fighters announced so far and several VC fighters already available, I'm pretty sure it''ll get an arcade stick.

PetrCobra

This reminds me that I never played a DoA game. Maybe that will change if it's any good and they decide to port it after all.

It's coming, but it's a fighting game. Unless there's significant new content (which I wouldn't be happy with, because I'd be getting it when it comes out first), all it will sell to are people who want the game but couldn't get it before.

Which is...who, exactly?

People like me who have a RRODed 360 and would rather spend the money to fix it on a Wii U.

massoluk

Banned

Did someone come out and say existing Wii Arcade stick isn't gonna work with Wii U?

LeleSocho

Banned
consider to port it after ps360 release
release on WiiU after probably a year than the other platforms...

who the hell is going to buy this?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Urg, this will be my first DOA game, but I feel like I will double dip eventually if it does come out, granted if they improve from the criticisms.

CO_Andy

All the old Wii peripherals are compatible with the U.

That means you'll be able to use the Tatsunoko Stick and Playstation controller adapters. Of course MadCatz will eventually merchandise on the Wii U, so i see nothing to fret over.

Mithos

I wonder if they'll go ahead and add Nintendo characters/stages to this one. Would love Zero Suit Samus as a playable character ;)
So sad that this would get my buying DOA5. I don't really like fighting games, and a big reason why I bought Soul Calibur 2 was Link. >_<

Not too surprising with Nintendo and Tecmo Koei/Team Ninja seeminly being close nowadays. I would love to see Zero Suit Samus or Little Mac featured though.

Burnburn

Thanks for considering... I guess...

Considering sounds like: yeah we'll think about it for 5 seconds, and then probably won't do it.

EulaCapra

I don't doubt it'll come to the Wii U since Tecmo Koei is a little buddy-buddy with Nintendo nowadays. Totally did not know they developed Pokemon Conquest.

And if you think about it, just changing the color of Virtua Fighter's Sarah Bryant's hair band to red nets you Zero Suit Samus.

Regular Samus wouldn't work with the game since she uses her cannon and such, no other character has a weapon right?

Zero Suit Samus obviously works here (for more reasons than one).

Of course I'd much prefer the suit if they can make it work.

Regular Samus wouldn't work with the game since she uses her cannon and such, no other character has a weapon right?

There's no weapons, but there are a few characters with projectile attacks.

KingJ2002

Lol. "Once everyone tells us how shit our first release is, we will fix it and re-release on the WiiU."

exactly my thoughts.

well... in the case of razor's edge... i think that was the intended version... but they released the vanilla version for 360/PS3 to meet their deadline.

I mean

They could just as easily not have her use the canon or make it like Hayabusa's ki blast.

Top Bottom