• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Walking Dead Comic 100

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archer

Just finished it. Crushing.

looks like we have a new governor? this guy looks like he'll be tougher. i can see the two settlements banding together to bring this shitbag down over a long story arch...

really sucks to see Glenn dead. crushed by a bat... too cruel. will be sad to not have him in the plot... poor maggie and baby.

comics_walking_dead_100.jpg

Droog

Will pick up tonight for sure. That cover can't be a spoiler can it? You wouldn't do that to us, right OP?

Aiii

So not worth it
You know, it's not like Glenn was doing anything useful for a while now. So I'm kinda okay with it. Maggie annoys the shit out of me though, should've been her.

Archer

You know, it's not like Glenn was doing anything useful for a while now. So I'm kinda okay with it. Maggie annoys the shit out of me though, should've been her.

she's got the baby. not sure kirkman would go that far. i actually think he's saving that for later. dont expect this will be the only death. i suspect andrea will be taken out before too long.

Aiii

So not worth it
she's got the baby. not sure kirkman would go that far. i actually think he's saving that for later. dont expect this will be the only death. i suspect andrea will be taken out before too long.

Kirkman already went there, last time the baby was already born though

bjork

dont expect this will be the only death. i suspect andrea will be taken out before too long.

^ that is exactly what I was expecting, the attack on the place Andrea is in. Plays into that whole discussion they had about women being cursed once they get with Rick. Still, Glenn. Damn, man.

Habitually clicked the spoiler tags. Oops. Can't wait to read it though. Hopefully the series is winding down soon, because I'm starting to get a bit fatigued with the whole cycle of "this is somewhere that is actually SAFE" - repeated forever.

Hex

Banned

You do remember what he did to Rick's wife right? Having the baby means nothing

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
im kinda glad i bailed out. but that cover while depressing is fucking awesome.

Flash

Walking Dead Z? I could get behind that.

hah at Kirkman
not killing Carl because "this story is way too interesting".

I'm totally ready for a Carl-centric walking dead... it's inevitable. Rick's story has run its course. I'm guessing/hoping we'll get a time jump or Carl killing Rick.

Really suprised it didn't happen this issue. Would've put money on that being the major event of issue 100.

I thought this was going to be the case too...since it seemed like they were going to take a break from the current arc. Guess not.

Why!? Why !?
Why'd it have to be Glenn?! Well, I guess his character had come a long way. The dorky asian kid that was depended on for everything, got the girl, got a kid. Still, pretty fucked up.

ToddGoku

Banned
The series feels like they're just milking a cash cow right now, it's getting really repetitive. It's going to be nice to see the new Super Mean Guy get iced though.

randomwab

Just finished the sixteenth volume like a week ago so I'm not clicking the spoiler, but that cover is pretty amazing.

Edit: Looks like I left off at issue 96. And the next trade paperback isn't out until December. Damn.

EYEL1NER

Well fuck. I'm not looking forward to reading it as much now.
not because of spoilers, I don't mind spoiling myself on stuff. I don't want to see Glenn dead, especially after Abe, who was a character I liked a lot (not as much as Glenn though).

Quick

Banned
Fuck you, Kirkman. Fucking hell, man.

It's going to be sweet seeing Negan die for killing Glenn. AND CARL IS STILL ALIVE WTF.

Archer

Well fuck. I'm not looking forward to reading it as much now.
not because of spoilers, I don't mind spoiling myself on stuff. I don't want to see Glenn dead, especially after Abe, who was a character I liked a lot (not as much as Glenn though).

glenn was trashed. just gibbed. and his wife and the entire crew saw it happen and were helpless. really gets you riled up.

i just read it again. not really sure i give as much of a shit about this comic anymore. rereading this has really put me off on the series.

pulga

Banned
glenn was trashed. just gibbed. and his wife and the entire crew saw it happen and were helpless. really gets you riled up.

i just read it again. not really sure i give as much of a shit about this comic anymore. rereading this has really put me off on the series.

Fuck that I want to see the 40 year old teenager get his dick chomped off.

EYEL1NER

A buddy went and got a copy before mine came in and I have to say is wow. And not in a good way like "Wow, that was amazing."
That was the issue that had been hyped up?

So yeah. Fuck Kirkman for killing Tyrese, excuse me, Glenn. It didn't feel like it served any point at all, since we had already seen a character go through the same situation (only having your head chopped off in 5 or so swings is a bit less brutal I think).
And that was it? Sure Glenn dying is a huge deal, but issue 100 was the meeting with Negan and nothing else? Pftt.....

Usually I am not one to analyze anything or think too deeply about the creation of entertainment I like. I find what I like and watch/read/play/listen to it. And when I feel burnt out or am uninterested, I just stop.
But it really does feel like the guy is out of ideas here. I would say that I wonder where it is going to go next, but after retreading the first 50 issues last night, I think I know already.

Archer

A buddy went and got a copy before mine came in and I have to say is wow. And not in a good way like "Wow, that was amazing."

So yeah. Fuck Kirkman for killing Tyrese, excuse me, Glenn. It didn't feel like it served any point at all, since we had already seen a character go through the same situation (only having your head chopped off in 5 or so swings is a bit less brutal I think).
And that was it? Sure Glenn dying is a huge deal, but issue 100 was the meeting with Negan and nothing else? Pftt.....

Usually I am not one to analyze anything or think too deeply about the creation of entertainment I like. I find what I like and watch/read/play/listen to it. And when I feel burnt out or am uninterested, I just stop.
But it really does feel like the guy is out of ideas here. I would say that I wonder where it is going to go next, but after retreading the first 50 issues last night, I think I know already.

I think the crew is going to be enslaved. What was said, and the feeling coming away from 100, which as you say is hyped as a milestone... I think this is a bad turning point, the feeling of no more hope. The first 99 built on these guys surviving the zombies, and they finally figured out how to do so. Now, with these morons, the next 100 will be to survive the foolishness of humanity post apocalypse. Negan more or less announced it to the reader.

And you know what? I don't really care anymore.

Issue was brutal, man. :(

I figured Glenn or Andrea was on the chopping block. I'm glad it wasn't Andrea since she's my favorite character in the series. I don't know if I can continue reading if she bites it.

I'm also down with a flash forward to Carl. I love
Negan referring to him as a soon to be serial killer
. Having a future Carl all fucked without Rick's sense of morals (as damaged as they are) would be fun as hell to see.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

i bailed out after
carl got shot in the face.
i really had trouble continuing after one of my favorites bit the dust, but they kept dropping like flies, and im not interested in kirkmans endgame. so that point just marked the end for me

i am curious though,
has andrew been confirmed as dead or alive yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom