• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MidwestGAF Meetup(s) - Just because we don't live in NYC, doesn't mean we can't!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
As someone living in the middle of the country in a small city in the Midwest, I'm always kinda disappointed that MidwesternGAF is unable to have any of the cool meetup like LAGAF or NYCGAF or [insertgiantcityhere]GAF.

The great expanses of corn and wheat will not deter us, however!

Want I want to see, is if there is an interest for a weekend GAF meetup, perhaps multiple, at different parts of the Midwest, allowing time for travel. Ideally, I would like midpoints where most people won't have to drive/travel more than a few hours to the host city, so maybe a few across the region example: Denver/Rapid City in the west, Lincoln/Omaha/Des Moines in the central, Witchita/Oklahoma City in the south, etc.).

Or maybe a meetup for each state?

Any interest in this or just a failed idea waiting?

Locations & Dates
Minneapolis, MN (Date & Time TBA)
Rapid City, SD (Date & Time TBA)

Other locations TBD

Proposed/Possible Locations:
-Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN
-Kansas City, MO/KS
-Denver, CO
-Lincoln, NE
-Omaha, NE/Council Bluffs, IA
-Rapid City, SD

Interested GAFers (By State)
Nebraska
biggyfries
Skytylz

South Dakota
FelixOrion

Colorado
19 & 21
BobTheFork
RiccochetJ

Minnesota
ErasureAcer
Shurs
Wool
Hateful
Biggersmaller

I'm in for Minneapolis/St. Paul GAF. I'm pretty much broke this month though. Next month would be best as I get my renter's credit.

Kad5

I don't live in the midwest but I visit often. I would think that Kansas City is the best place for you guys no?

It's smack dab in the middle of the country for crying out loud. It seems like a perfect meeting point to me.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Denver is Midwest now?

Close enough, maybe? :) But no, you're right. It's more in the West if anything, but still within decent distance to some, perhaps.

I don't live in the midwest but I visit often. I would think that Kansas City is the best place for you guys no?

It's smack dab in the middle of the country for crying out loud. It seems like a perfect meeting point to me.

The Midwest is lot bigger than that. It's still 11 hours give or take for me to go to KC; it's between 7-9 hours for people from the Twin Cities. That's why I want multiple meetup all over the region so we don't have these big, giant road trips.

Wool

I'm in Minneapolis. Are you thinking of going to a bar or something vidya game oriented? Rusty Quarters in Uptown is a pretty cool (but small) old school arcade. Gameworks would have been perfect if Block E wasn't such a dump.

I'm down for any Denver meet-up. I see so few gaffers on the board from around the area.

Of course Denver is mid-west, dead in the middle of the west. I always thought it was odd to Kansas mid-west, it's just middle of the country.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
You know what? Fuck it.

I'm gonna have meet-up in Rapid City. If anyone wants to make the trip to the Black Hills, we'll have a fucking ball.

I'll flesh out the details in a few days.

If you guys still want to do any other Midwest meet-up, then be my guest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom