• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alan Rickman does everything in a more epic fashion than you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Epic Tea Time with Alan Rickman. It is awesome.

From here:

http://io9.com/5935919/alan-rickman-is-awesome-even-when-hes-making-tea-in-extreme-slow+motion

Alan Rickman is commonly termed a "phone book" actor because so many people would be happy to listen to him read the phone book. But would you watch him make tea in super slow-motion while the soundtrack to Inception plays? Well, here is your chance.
This video is part of artist David Michalek's Portraits in Dramatic Time film series. Each video features a "glacially paced performance" of an actor, aided by ultra-high speed, high-definition cameras. Each performance took a mere 10-15 seconds to shoot, but was then stretched out over several minutes.

By pairing Rickman's performance with the Inception piece "Mind Heist," Michalek has created the impression that Rickman is in Inception's top-level dream, making tea while other characters are off having adventures in dreams within dreams within dreams. Rickman manages to make his tea stirring — and its aftermath — as intense as anything that happens in those lower dreams.

Originally from:

http://www.davidmichalek.net/portraits/exhibitions.php

Platy

This video is part of artist David Michalek's Portraits in Dramatic Time film series. Each video features a "glacially paced performance" of an actor, aided by ultra-high speed, high-definition cameras. Each performance took a mere 10-15 seconds to shoot, but was then stretched out over several minutes.

http://io9.com/5935919/alan-rickman-is-awesome-even-when-hes-making-tea-in-extreme-slow+motion

Yeah right ... that is what happened to the OTHER actors.

Alan Rickman making tea is so epic that the camera TURNED into super slow motion !

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Spoiler that shit !
xD

edit :

The gif potential is off the charts

I would love to see a video with the 10 second version

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
550Xy.png

Want to see the video for this, just to understand what's going on :lol

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
It just dawned on me while watching that video that there is now a whole generation of people who when they see Alan Rickman don't see Hans Gruber, they see some nob from Harry Potter.

Oh.

Oh god.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
It just dawned on me while watching that video that there is now a whole generation of people who when they see Alan Rickman don't see Hans Gruber, they see some nob from Harry Potter.

Oh.

Oh god.

What if you see him as "Dr. Lazarus"?

By Grabthar's Hammer. . .

what a savings.

dekline

"Each performance took a mere 10-15 seconds to shoot, but was then stretched out over several minutes."

Awesome.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Four minutes too long.

Or maybe I have a shitty attention span.

eshwaaz

Fantastic. I love that, when he's throwing the tea off the table, he does the exact same thing with his mouth and tongue as he does in Die Hard when realizes he's falling to his death.

Atilac

Oh.

Oh god.
OH RIGHT, IT'S ALWAYS ABOUT YOU ISN'T IT?!!!!!???!!?!!!

Atrus

Gold Member
Sort of looks like Dustin Hoffman a bit.

Too bad it's 7 mins. Would make for a good 'fuck this shit' gif.

Come on guys, the gifs.

There is so much potential. xD

EDIT: fantastic. Maybe the gif should freeze for a moment when he sits back down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom