• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 OST Samples and Details Released

GhaleonEB

Halo 4 sound track samples and details here.

35529437500x5001.jpg

More articles: http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2012/08/22/halo-4-soundtrack-neil-davidge_n_1819736.html

http://www1.rollingstone.com/hearitnow/player/neildavidge.html

(thanks Hypertrooper)

Limited edition, with remix album:

Besides the standard edition release, the 23rd will also see the release of the 2-disc Special Edition box set which includes the soundtrack as well as 14 remixes from electronic producers and rock musicians. While the standard edition will run you about $13.98 USD, the Special Edition will set you back $75 and include a 70-minute DVD with behind-the-scenes footage featuring the creation of the soundtrack, a hardcover book focused on the making of the soundtrack, a print signed by Davidge, a 12" disc featuring Cortana and the Master Chief, and an exclusive Avatar tee download code. You can order that directly from Halo Waypoint.

Here's the full list of remixes, which include DJ Skee, Caspa, Sander Van Doorn & Julian Jordan, Gui Boratto, KOAN Sound, Matt Lange, Andrew Bayer, Norin & Rad, Alvin Risk, Bobby Tank, Maor Levi and Hundred Waters, along with Apocalyptica and ex-Smashing Pumpkins guitarist James Iha.

Very different direction than the rest of the series, which was probably the right thing to do, rather than try and iterate on Marty's work.

Woorloog

Banned
Like the samples a lot but gotta say it is difficult to hear Halo in them.
Good direction anyway.

Don't like the remixes but then they're not in the game so i don't care.

bj00rn_

Banned
First it was a bit..eh.. But then it started to grew on me. I think it's a nice change of pace actually. I just hope now when Marty is gone that they'll put the volume option back into the game. No option to turn down the music made it impossible for me to replay the last few Halos.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
For some reason, I feel like Awakening isn't as good as it was in smaller snippets in the teasers. I think I like it the other tracks though. Very different (remind me of some Unreal Tournament maps actually).

Lingitiz

To Galaxy is probably the main theme right? Its awesome.

Edit: Revival is great too. Its definitely different sounding, but still great nonetheless.

Deadstar

Wow....this blows away soundtracks from previous games. Sorry Marty but a new boss is in town.

Revival reminds me of the Con Air soundtrack Lerner Landing track or Carson City.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Wow, I was wondering how they'd manage without Marty's magic but it looks like they'll be just fine - sounds incredible.

LQX

Something tells me Halo 4 will have many epic moments. That's a lot of adrenalin inducing music.

Also "To Galaxy" sounds like something out of MGS3.

abadguy

Banned
Didn't like "Revival" too much when it started off, but when it gets to 1:08 of the sound clip is when it starts to sound really good. Still like Marty's stuff better but these are great. Is the original Halo theme still going to be in?

ultim8p00

Banned
Is it just me, or does the music sound a lot like a next-gen Perfect Dark soundtrack?

It's awesome.

EDIT: Especially beauty of cortana

Revival is my favorite.

It's a lot more electronic and "digital" than the original trilogy, which was a very organic sound. I like the change, its fitting.

Vire

"To Galaxy" is absolutely beautiful.

"Ascendancy" is so so, with the second half picking up steam. Solid track.

"Awakening" sounds good but a shame the violin part was missing from the sample. I know this one is a keeper based off the previous exposure to the song.

"Revival" starts out slow with fairly rhythmic monk chants, filled with appropriate bombast, slowly morphing into an electronic beast. Interesting track, not sure what to make of it yet.

Overall, sounds like a pretty good start. Can't wait to hear the rest and the full version of these songs.

Unlikely. Wouldn't be a surprised to hear parts of it in some tracks but i doubt it will be remade for this.
Just a guess though.

This makes me very :(

I understand why it isnt in Reach or ODST, those weren't MC stories. But this is MCs story. It should be in there.

Its not as if the franchise bombed like the last Superman Movie and they need to redo everything. The theme is the theme. You don't fucking take that out!

Spiders

It doesn't really sound like Halo anymore, but I'm still liking it a lot.

Ascendancy in particular is really good.

Vire

So if I understand this correctly, the remix's will not be featured in the game? Just as bonus for the OST?

Deadstar

The first Halo soundtrack was great but after that it got really boring and slow. I never liked the direction they took it in. It felt like I was in a scene from the Notebook. This doesn't really sound like Halo, but that's a good thing.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Hmm not feeling it honestly. Jury's still out.

Kind of how I feel.

The track that was on a vid clip from a couple of weeks ago was ace, but these just seem like regular "actiony" tracks, and don't feel like Halo to me.

Woorloog

Banned
This makes me very :(

I understand why it isnt in Reach or ODST, those werent MC stories. But this is MCs story. It should be in there.

I don't care if it ain't in the game. Also, Reach did have (IIRC anyway) Halo theme but it was changed quite a lot but the melody was the same, don't remember the track name though.
Would love to hear Davidge's version of Halo theme though, hear how he'd make it.

Top Bottom