• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku: Gamestop has sold out preorder deluxe Wii U stock nationwide

kiryogi

Banned
Yup heard the same @ my Gamestop yesterday. Well actually I know the manager, so he told me to get in there asap.

All I can say is good luck to those thinking they will be able to walk into a store and find it this holiday season. And Black Friday will clear any remaining in the back of stores lol

Orayn

iVM7e2za5cEhO.gif

Worries were unfounded.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
Oh come on. I was going to wait a bit to pre-order. Guess I'll stop by Best Buy tomorrow.

You might want to hurry. I missed out on one at Gamestop by only a few minutes, and when my friend and I went online top pre-order them at BB for in-store pick-up, we could see stores running out of them while we each shopped. Pachter vindicated!

Holy Wars

Banned
I'm surprised the deluxe version is popular.

Nothing about it seems appealing to me. I'm assuming Nintendo have focused a lot more on standard stock or something.

bill0527

The manager at my local Gamestop said they were pre-maturely cutting off pre-orders so as not to have another fiasco like Xbox 360.

When Nintendo gives them a better idea of the supply they can get to them at launch, he said they'll likely open up another wave of pre-orders.

Downhome

My local Best Buy store is no longer taking preorders for the 32GB, and multiple locations in my area are also no longer taking preorders for the 8GB. Just wait and see, it's going to be 2005 all over again. If you want one during the launch window, just go ahead and preorder ASAP. Don't be left kicking yourself this time.

I had the hardest time getting a Wii. I got one not long after launch, but because I didn't preorder it I had to spend at least 46-72 hours total waiting for one. I'd go to the store each day when I knew the truck was showing up and wait for a few hours since a line formed every day, and we would just wait to be told if they had any on the truck that day. It was usually no so we would all leave then come back the next day.

Madao

remember fellas. the Wii was coming off the GC.

the Wii U is coming off the Wii.

the amount of people looking for the direct sucessor of their console is way bigger this time around.

i just hope i can waltz into a store on launch day and score a unit like with the GC and Wii back in their days. console launches are usually quiet in my country.

MG310

Yup, apparently I was the last one at mine at 11:30 this morning. It's not the taking of the preorder I'm worried about, it's Nintendo/Gamestop actually fulfilling it.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
People are also underestimating the amount of people buying this to resell it at a higher price.

Con_Smith

Banned
Store Manager at the gamestop near me just said they would stop taking preorders on the Deluxe and today was the last day to put one in. She had only one preorder for a wiiu that day and kept trying to push me for the 20 dollar preorder.

I remember lucking out and buying a Wii, playing it for a couple of months, and then selling it on eBay used for more than I purchased it new. Good times.

Top Bottom