• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Here's the New Shin Megami Tensei IV TRAILER!

mclem

I was just about to settle down and take a teabreak at work and watch it, when I realised that there's a very real risk of unexpected Mara.

Kenka

Hum, when I click on the video thumbnail on NicoNico, my browser opens a new tab redirecting to the exact same page. No way to watch the video itself.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Looks good, I also have never played a SMT game other than the Persona games.

Cast is amazingly androgynous though! ;)

Persona86

Banned
Looks interesting, a bit too much anime cardboard cut outs, but still amazing looking in gameplay.

Looks like it wont be random encounters this time, you can see the enemy before you fight. (unless I'm missing something)

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Looks really weird to flip from fully 3d third person environments to first person dodgily animated sprite battles.

Forkball

Nico won't load and Atlus ironically hasn't made their Youtube video public. Here's my review based on not seeing the video:

Setting looks interesting
Ugh, demons AGAIN?
Whoa, I never saw that before in an SMT game
I wonder who that guy with the distinctive physical feature is

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Nico won't load and Atlus ironically hasn't made their Youtube video public. Here's my review based on not seeing the video:

Ugh, demons AGAIN?

Did you expect Zombies to show up ?

Persona86

Banned

Ugh, demons AGAIN?

Doesn't the Nicovideo site work for you? Maybe your missing a plugin?

I'm sure they will sort that youtube link out soon, if not then I'm not sure what they're doing lol.

Nibel

NONE OF THESE LINKS WORK

iekQG5bemPU4O.gif

The soldiers/army look very kaneko-ish, I think he's involved, as for the rest...mmm this teaser just didn't raised any flag for me, too much fragmentation and weird use of 2.5D stuff.

Kenka

Interesting indeed. I wonder when/if we will have it in here.

But I am hyped, I hope the story is dark and immersive as always.

Varion

Symbol encounters brings my interest right up. Shame about the first person battles, but on balance it's better than random battles and first person exploration so I can live with it.

Haven't played a standard SMT game beyond a few hours of Nocturne (after which I got distracted by something else, but I was enjoying it) so this might well be my first.

Persona86

Banned
By the way what the hell was up with that weird pixelated thing and the world looking like a 3D wireframe?

Are they in a virtual world? or is the thing on his arm doing this to his surroundings?

I love how this looks, I'm actually a fan of 1st person battle so I'm even happier.

This and Etrian Odyssey 4 are the reasons I got a 3dsxl, BRING THEM OVER ATLUS!

Top Bottom