• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lunar: Silver Star Story Touch to release on iOS later this week

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
News courtesy of LunarNET

http://www.lunar-net.com/news.php?newsid=5345

TALLAHASSEE, September 17, 2012 - The long awaited release of Lunar for iOS, entitled "Lunar: Silver Star Story Touch" hits the App Store later this week.

"Lunar: Silver Star Story Touch" is set on the world on Lunar, which orbits a planet known as the Blue Star. Long ago, a great Dragonmaster named Dyne, with the aid of his faithful companions, defended the goddess Althena from a terrible evil. Time has passed, and those great adventurers have become the stuff of legend, but the world of Lunar is now threatened by a shadowy figure known as the Magic Emperor. In a humble village, far removed from the turmoil, lives a young man named Alex. Idolizing the legendary Dyne, Alex dreams of one day becoming a renowned Dragonmaster and matching the achievements of his lifelong hero. Encouraged by his childhood friend Ramus, Alex sets out with his companion Nall and his adopted sister Luna on a seemingly trivial quest, unaware that it would prove to be the first step in an epic adventure whose outcome will determine the fate of the entire world.

"Lunar: Silver Star Story Touch" is based on the award-winning "Lunar: Silver Star Story" released on multiple CD-based platforms in the 1990's. It's website is at http://lunar-mobile.com/iphone/en

Will update with news about date/price one that information becomes available.

EDIT 01: Pricing added, thanks Wario64!

It'll be $6.99 USD, about 522 MB

Long ago, a great Dragonmaster named Dyne, with the aid of his faithful companions, defended the goddess Althena from a terrible evil. Time has passed, and those great adventurers have become the stuff of legend, but the world of Lunar is now threatened by a shadowy figure known as the Magic Emperor. In a humble village, far removed from the turmoil, lives a young man named Alex. Idolizing the legendary Dyne, Alex dreams of one day becoming a renowned Dragonmaster and matching the achievements of his lifelong hero. Encouraged by his childhood friend Ramus, Alex sets out with his companion Nall and his adopted sister Luna on a seemingly trivial quest, unaware that it would prove to be the first step in an epic adventure whose outcome will determine the fate of the entire world.

Following the critically-acclaimed iOS port of the Japanese roleplaying game Vay, SoMoGa has returned to bring you Lunar: Silver Star Story, now with numerous enhancements for iOS! A traditional, turn-based Japanese RPG, this port offers:

- Nearly a full hour of animated cut scenes
- Remastered soundtrack with high quality music and voice tracks
- A completely updated interface designed specifically for iOS
devices, including an onscreen joypad
- GameCenter integration
- And much more!

http://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/lunar-silver-star-story-touch/id492598036?mt=8

EDIT 02: Out now in the US!

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/lunar-silver-star-story-touch/id492598036?mt=8

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Awesome news.

Rayman + Lunar this week is already shaping up another awesome week for iOS. This whole month has been awesome

I assume PSOne since it is called Silver Star Story

"In 1999, an updated version entitled Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete was released, with remastered graphics and cutscenes from Japan's Studio Gonzo. This remake, on which Lunar: Silver Star Story Touch is based, went on to win considerable critical acclaim."

I have the PSP version, but this one's better, right?

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Wow, I never thought they would get out of IP Hell with this. Nice.
The Sega CD games were very important to my childhood. Ps1 too.

This was my first RPG. I returned Night Trap to Software Etc, and picked the Sega CD version up based solely on the awesome packaging. One of the few games I've finished too :)

Syril

Lunar make a valiant effort with all these remakes and ports, but it still can't hold up to Ys's record.

Teknoman

Speaking of which, whats the "best" way to experience Lunar? Sega CD or PS1? Because i've got the PSP version...but i'm not sure if I want to go through that...everyone saying its easier and all that.

cj_iwakura

Speaking of which, whats the "best" way to experience Lunar? Sega CD or PS1? Because i've got the PSP version...but i'm not sure if I want to go through that...everyone saying its easier and all that.

Sega CD. They get progressively worse.
(I have a map comparison lying around...)

Well, PSP version's better than GBA's, but mostly true.

Jarnet87

Shh-No-Tears-Only-Dreams-Now-Rustled-.png

I guess we should have seen the signs when back in the PS1 era all we got were Lunar Remakes (great games, but still enhanced ports really). A Lunar 3 is probably as impossible a sequel as there is to wish for in the gaming hardcore world, up there with Mother series, etc.

Tallahassee? Why'd this news come from there. Weird.

I assume the publisher is SoMoGa Inc (also responsible for bringing Vay to iOS).

"SoMoGa is an exciting new business venture dedicated to bringing you big adventures, even on the smallest of screens. Based in the south, far away from most developers and publishers, SoMoGa believes in doing things a little differently, something you may find reflected in our choice and handling of titles. We've wholeheartedly embraced digital distribution, which is why you won't find most of what we're doing in stores."

http://www.somoga.com/about

Teknoman

Sega CD. They get progressively worse.
(I have a map comparison lying around...)

Well, PSP version's better than GBA's, but mostly true.

Hmm...on second thought, I might need to check a PS1 vs PSP comparison, dont really want to get a Sega CD for only 2 games heh.

PSP version is fucking garbage thanks to the totally shit translation.

Top Bottom