• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6 - Spoilers and Discussion thread

Nemesis_

0c64E.png
9csYl.png

EEK, YOU DON'T WANT SPOILERS? What are you doing here then? Leave and continue your discussion at the "safe" MAIN OFFICIAL THREAD

FEELING LONELY? You are able to organize co-operative sessions, chat about recent matches and more with your fellow GAFfers in our DEDICATED COMMUNITY THREAD posted in Gaming Community.

This is the place, and the only place, for unrestricted potentially spoileriffic discussion regarding Resident Evil 6.

• Storyline revelations
  • Post game unlockables
  • Gameplay elements that may be a surprise

SPOILER TAGS are not required in this thread. Please do not attempt to spoil anything in the actual official thread.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Good luck, everyone :D! (You won't be seeing me more in this thread)

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I'll take this time to post some of the stuff from the pre-release thread to get things rolling.

Mercenaries Maps discovered in Demo files:

saf7f.jpg
9xkyj.jpg

Weapons

The demo not only has a list of weapons (mind the list seems to be incomplete), but via modding you can use several of these weapons in the game. The game has several weapon 'types', which are:
Hand gun
Shot Gun
Sniper Rifle
Assault Rifle
Machine Gun
Magnum
Grenade
Rocket
Bomb
Blade
Blunt
Gatling Gun
Knife
Fire
Unarmed
Bowgun

And thanks to user Sectus on this board, he has unlisted these weapons in the demo files:
Hand-To-Hand
Nine-Oh-Nine (909)
Picador
Wing Shooter
Shotgun
Assault Shotgun
Hydra
Lightning Hawk
Elephant Killer
Sniper Rifle
Semi-Auto Sniper Rifle
Anti-Materiel Rifle
Ammo Box 50
Triple Shot
MP-AF
Assault Rifle for Special Tactics
Bear Commander
Assault Rifle RN
Grenade Launcher
Hand Grenade
Incendiary Grenade
Flash Grenade
Remote Bomb
Crossbow
Survival Knife
Combat Knife
Stun Rod
Gun Turret
Health Tablet
Gun Turret
Gadget
First Aid Spray
Turret

Sectus even went out of his way to show some of these weapons in use in the demo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TRu_VrHQgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbtDitAoZ5s

Music

Spending some time myself, I managed to find a way to rip the game's audio. The voice files and most of the music is nothing new, but there were a few tracks for menus and such which seemed to not have been included anywhere else in the demo. Also included was the game's full main theme.

Main Theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te4L13LhwyM
Title Screen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cs11NFkvgmQ
Main Menu: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7C8YDkiIKc
Menu 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ls3uZuBK_tE
Menu 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAZLGSTFeBk
Menu 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOVwyGce-eA
Menu 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8hgsVtSg4U
Menu 5 (Leon): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-TwVPsCMLA
Menu 6 (Chris): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGdq0zlqOgY
Menu 7 (Jake): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7gbBGR8HjU
Menu 8 (Ada): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3RVZGyq5cw

There were a few jingles that were unused in the demo besides that, but nothing really else of note from the demo's gameplay music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HMq0eJoyio

Some Gameplay Moment Spoilers

In the demo, there is a list of several loadable 'scenes', which include slight spoilers for each. The game seems to be trying to provide variety in gameplay, as we have everything from vehicles to puzzles to swimming to minigames.

It seems during Resident Evil 6's campaign, you will pilot:

-A Snowmobile

-A Jeep

-A Bike

-A Harrier

There are two minigames listed as well, with one being during the campaign and one after the credits. No idea what either are, but they are literally labelled as 'MiniGameA' and 'MiniGameB'.

The demo files include a lot of gameplay moments in some random order. These include everything from the mention of puzzles involving train controls, paintings, revolver doors, statues, etc. There are some gameplay moments mentioned too, including a section where you have to crawl through some ducts and another section inside of a laser room. There's more listed, and some locations in the game are mentioned such as a mansion location, a submarine, a train, a plane, and a lot more.

Campaign Stages

Just discovered today, the demo included the menus for joining another players game. These menus included textures showing off all of the game's chapters, including images showing what chapter you're joining.

Leon's Campaign

Leon Chapter 1 (seems to the town of Tall Oaks)
many4.png

Leon Chapter 2 (a dark and stormy forest as well as a chapel)
fglsc.png

Leon Chapter 3 (looks like some underground caverns, also likely where Leon's subway section takes place)
87ajq.png

Leon Chapter 4 (arrives in China, likely also includes the airplane section we saw during the E3 trailer and the gas explosion scene)
y0nls.png

Leon Chapter 5 (ends his campaign in some facility in China)
otdmb.png

Overview:
oq2lo.jpg

Chris's Campaign

Chris Chapter 1 (his section at the start in China)
bycm2.png

Chris Chapter 2 (this is in Europe, and where his flashback scene occurs, though not sure if the whole stage is a flashback or not)
h5zfu.png

Chris Chapter 3 (some night scene, not sure if in China or Europe)
feftr.png

Chris Chapter 4 (seems to take place on a sea fortress ship)
zkrgr.png

Chris Chapter 5 (this area looks cool and mysterious)
mvn9a.png

Overview:
3hbcs.jpg

Jake's Campaign

Jake Chapter 1 (Jake in his hometown of Eastern European republic of Edonia)
pd8kp.png

Jake Chapter 2 (seems to take to the snowy mountains of the region)
irqka.png

Jake Chapter 3 (looks like he arrives in a Chinese palace)
p05dj.png

Jake Chapter 4 (he takes to the streets of China)
o3wn2.png

Jake Chapter 5 (to the underground lab setting! This is most likely Simmons base, though more on that later)
blg3h.png

Overview:
xhcca.jpg

Ada's Campaign

Ada doesn't have individual stages of her campaign ripped yet, but she does have an overview:

aotd6.jpg

Bosses

The demo also includes some info on bosses. Some bosses we know very little about, while others have some very revealing details about them.

Firstly, there is the 'Crossover' boss fight we saw Leon, Jake, Sherry, and Helena take part in during the Capcom Summer Bash event. Not much needs to be said as you can see a video of the fight on Youtube.

There is boss fight data for what sounds like a large enemy, which includes smashing, grabbing, tossing cars, and biting attacks. It is very likely this enemy is the 'giant' enemy seen in the reveal trailer for Chris.
titan.jpg

This next fight is a longer fight against a Snake type enemy in a temporary construction site. The enemy is fought in several rooms, and has lots of constricting, biting, hanging off the walls, and such attacks. It is VERY likely this is the boss:
scaled.php

It seems this may be a 'player' boss. It involves a lot of player commands and makes references to Japanese words like ''Kakutou', which is a Japanese word for 'wrestle' or 'fist fight'. I am guessing, based on all the mentions to player actions, shooting, and such this may be the boss fight between Leon and Chris.

There's info about a boss fought on a train, which includes train sections falling off, going to the roof, the boss trying to drag you off, and various pummeling. This boss has three 'transformations', and seems to be Helena's sister, Deborah, as he name is mentioned in the 'transformations'.

And yet another boss seems to be Ada piloting a helicopter. Mentions of her using a vulcan canon and missiles.

In the Cathedral area, there is mentions of a boss enemy that spews gas.

There's another mention of a boss that spews acid and has a weak abdomen.

And a couple more mentioned, but nothing on who or what they are or how they work.

And then we have the final bosses.

Final Bosses.

Jake's final boss is Simmons, which is the man Helena accuses of being behind the current outbreak and we see talking with Ada. Sort of predictable he'd be one of the final bosses, but it makes sense for a 'hero's tale' like Jake's for the main villain to be a boss, especially since Simmons seems to be Sherry's boss and the one asking for Jake. Simmons seems to have mutated for this battle, as there's mentions of him having a tail, a shell on his back, and some form of a lance. The boss seem to have three phases, with attacks using it's lance, using it's tail, some biting attacks, dashing tackles, and more. One phase seems to have Simmons lances be deflected back at him by Jake. Another phase seems to involve Simmons flying. The final phase seems to be Jake tapping into his inner Wesker and running for the last strike.

Chris and Piers also have a final boss against.... Something. To be honest, I have no idea what the heck it is but it sounds like it's linked to those cocoon enemies we see some in the story and E3 trailer. It seems it might be a 'mother' J'Avo, as it is able to give birth to Sanagi (which is Japanese for "chrysalis", or "pupa", and seem to be 'born' but can be killed before their 'birth' happens. The boss can do things like make the enemies around it stronger, has some sort of drain attack, some nail or 'needle' attack, and has 'plates' and 'sections' to its body. Sounds like a real monster, and possibly a queen J'Avo or something. Like how it's appropriate for Jake and Sherry to fight Simmons as their story is more of a 'Hero's story' and it makes sense to have a 'bad guy', Chris's story, which is a tale of Chris really trying to find himself again and live up to his mistakes, makes sense to end on a 'monster' that is directly at the heart of this. A BOW, which he is seeking to destroy and eradicate from the world.

It's not quite clear what Leon's story final boss is, but based on files it seems that either Leon's or Ada's final boss fight may include Leon and Ada either working together or against each other. Leon and Ada are both in the fight, and it looks like they either are partners or are against each other. Either outcome, it either seems that something happened to Helena, or Leon and Ada have a final confrontation. Leon's end boss is kinda' mysterious at the moment, as it's not clear if this Leon x Ada stuff is at the end of Leon's or Ada's campaign, it's not clear if they're working together or against each other, and there's also some clues that an enemy titled in the files as 'CHASER' is involved, but the Chaser may be Ustanak. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

NOW PRAISE ALMIGHTY ZOMBIE DRAGON

vlcsnap2012092407h40m36.png

vlcsnap2012092407h40m15.png

I just wanted to chime in and say that I can't wait to be spoiled by this game. The demo was fun, I have a friend who is also getting this ( co-op will ensue ), and I have always been a supporter of the RE franchise.

Dusk Golem

probably not :b

I find it odd this game is being so fan-service though. I mean, there were moments in other games with some nudity, but it all was pretty harmless. But now we have spider women literally suggestively touching themselves and stages where we're running around like this:

5d3ca9cae0b6b7a388b11f0b8fd99ef1.gif

But RE has a lot of male and female fans, wondering if they might try to appeal to the female audience too.

Vamphuntr

From watching the stream, Leon's campaign is not what I expected. The last part of his first chapter is basically L4D/L4D2 with a bunch of random people shooting and running around.

Dusk Golem

From watching the stream, Leon's campaign is not what I expected. The last part of his first chapter is basically L4D/L4D2 with a bunch of random people shooting and running around.

The chapter he's on now has a lot of puzzles and traps, few enemies, and there's a giant water monster occasionally attacking them.

Vamphuntr

I'm not but I think AP might be.

You won't be able to officialy voice your concern about the lack of Wesker :p

The chapter he's on now has a lot of puzzles and traps, few enemies, and there's a giant water monster occasionally attacking them.

Yeah, I'm trying to watch while doing something else and now this is looking more like the temple part of RE5.

I think it had the classic RE feel only for the parts corresponding to the 2 demos.

__

Chapters seem to drag on and on. He's halfway through Leon's campaign and barely nothing happened outside of the Deborah thing.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
You won't be able to officialy voice your concern about the lack of Wesker :p

Yeah, I'm trying to watch while doing something else and now this is looking more like the temple part of RE5.

I think it had the classic RE feel only for the parts corresponding to the 2 demos.

__

Chapters seem to drag on and on. He's halfway through Leon's campaign and barely nothing happened outside of the Deborah thing.

I'm already tired of seeing "survive the zombie horde for X amount of time." :/

rekameohs

Banned
The plane segment that they're showing now actually looks pretty cool.

EDIT: Except for the one ridiculous QTE that the player kept failing.

EDIT2: I'm starting to think that this game will fit in nicely with the stupid QTE's thread.

Dusk Golem

What the flipping heck is that!? In the stream, in Chapter 4, they just met the fucking weirdest Resident Evil monster I have ever seen. It came out of a pile of meat and seems to make meat, like limbs, come alive and have a mind of their own, and they combine and are shot apart but recombine... Like some weird thing from The Thing mixed with a regenerator.

Also, video of the Shark boss.

Leon's Chapter 3 Boss: Underwater & Giant Shark

Top Bottom