• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mushrom Men: Truffle Trouble kind of Kickstarter thing (€50,000 goal)

Takao

Banned
5obfk.jpg

So Red Fly Studios, the guys behind Mushroom Men: The Spore Wars (Wii) and Mushroom Men: Rise of the Fungi (Nintendo DS) are trying to do a crowd funded sequel to those games. It's called Truffle Trouble (it's on PC) and is on Gambitious with a €50,000 goal. They're currently at only 4% of that with 36 days left:

Mushroom Men: Truffle Trouble is a uniquely styled puzzle-platformer about the bolete mushroom warrior Pax living in a makeshift home inside a remodeled dollhouse. Each night poor Pax is haunted in his dreams by the grotesque and love-struck Truffle Princess who relentlessly pursues our pint-sized hero through every nook and cranny of his home in hopes of a big, slimy kiss on the fungal lips.

Along the way, Pax will have to make his way through bizarre worlds that seemingly appear at his feet and jump, slide, climb and stack blocks to flee the Truffle Princess and make it back to his comfy bed. Using the powers of glowing spores, wild transformations, nimble moves and a little luck, Pax can navigate over forty different dreams each designed by hand to be sometimes challenging and always fun.

The design philosophy behind Mushroom Men: Truffle Trouble puts a focus on gameplay and control first so players always feel in control and each challenge sequence is fun and rewarding. Great care is being taken to design puzzles and level sequences so that difficulty ramps up at a natural pace and players always feel a drive to take on the next challenge and cover every area of every dream. Additionally, the team is taking care to craft unique blocks, enemies, and puzzles for each world and setting up special sequences to take advantage of Pax’s Spore Power forms.

http://gambitious.com/ideas/2034-mushroom-men-truffle-trouble

wrowa

Interesting project. I've never played Mushroom Men, but I looked kinda interesting.

However, Gambitiuos on the other hand looks really terrible. The design is bad and the fonts on the site are all screwed up on my laptop... Eh.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I should probably play the copy of Mushroom Men I have sitting around at some point.

Tellaerin

It's called Truffle Trouble (it's on PC) and is on Gambitious with a €50,000 goal. They're currently at only 4% of that with 36 days left:

I wonder if part of the reason for them only being at 4% is because nobody's heard of Gambitious. I know this is my first time hearing about it.

Rafaelcsa

I was sold on the Wii game basically on just the game's name and cover art. I love quirkness like that. Then I got to play it... Ugh. I knew it'd be unpolished but I didn't know it'd be so boring. I'm defintely not one for N64-style platformers. Also, the soundtrack by Les Claypool was a disappointment (kinda like the Dennis Hopper's cameo on Deadly Creatures... why don't these devs spend that money on what actually matters?) One of my few Wii regrets (along with Madworld and and the aforementioned Deadly Creatures).

This game would have to be a substantial improvement to gather my attention. It doesn't look too interesting in the video. Nothing more than a standard puzzle-platformer. But, once again, the quirky name and that art on the OP appeal to me heh.

Wii version was not bad, never played the DS one. Not into crowd funding and the like, so no pledge/investment what have you from my side though.

Speevy

Banned
Has someone tried to do a kickstarter like "The Producers"?

In other words, the most offensive game ever made, run off with the cash, etc.

It needs to be on Wii U, why put it on PC? RF's been virtually Nintendo-exclusive aside from Ghostbusters PS2 and a couple of iOS games.

Very bizarre, unless they can't use the service for a game on an unreleased platform maybe? Or they'll work on it on PC and then release it on Wii U or on both?

And isn't RF in the US?

wrowa

Lots of games have done well. This project is doomed because nobody cares about what they want to create.

Hm? This isn't Kickstarter but Gambitious, a Kickstarter clone for games. None of the few projects on the service are anywhere close of reaching their goals.

It needs to be on Wii U, why put it on PC? RF's been virtually Nintendo-exclusive aside from Ghostbusters PS2 and a couple of iOS games.

Very bizarre, unless they can't use the service for a game on an unreleased platform maybe? Or they'll work on it on PC and then release it on Wii U or on both?

And isn't RF in the US?

They actually are working on a version for XBLA and PSN. Wii U probably isn't on their cards right now, since the userbase is negligible and dev kits expensive.

In any case, it doesn't look like this Kickst- Gambitious is even neccessary. Not only are they asking for an amount of money that's nowhere near enough to develop a game with, they also don't seem to care for the project site at all. During the last three weeks the team has written a single update and answering the single question on the "Q&A" tab took two weeks.

That's certainly not the way people act who need the money. I guess it was a situation where they've been approached by the Gambitious founders since they needed a few projects on the site...

Top Bottom