• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

saying "Good bye" to someone you love, forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sphinx

the piano man
in a couple of hours I will bring a very loved friend of mine to the airport, she just spent 2 weeks here and I am a fucking emotional mess, trying to hold my tears every 30 minutes. Meeting again is of course possible but unlikely.

after that, in the next 3 days, my mom and dad will bring me to the same airport because I have to go back to Europe and while everybody is here for me, family and friends, you can't ever know when/if you'll see anyone again. The next possible time I can come over is March 2013..

saying goodbye is very damn fucking hard....

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
There needs to be some kind of dramatic love confession at the terminal. (Unless its not that kind of friend, or OP is a straight female)

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Where do you live and where is your friend going? Are you going to Europe for good? It's possible to see her again if you and/or her make the effort. It really all comes down to money.

But yeah, I know that feeling all too well. Hope you feel better soon enough.

zethren

Banned
You guys can see each other again someday. I don't see why it has to be goodbye forever?

There needs to be some kind of dramatic love confession at the terminal.

tumblr_lm11bt4OaK1qe6xr2.gif

You live in the future. There are millions of ways to communicate with people from long distances.

Here's one...
dqef0.jpg

Where are you going? Hell?

JdFoX187

Banned
you guys don't know the difference between real life and facebook/emails??

Having gone through a similar situation with my girlfriend just this past Monday, I know what you mean. There is something about Facebook, e-mails, phone conversations and text messages that is hollow. But as long as you're in communication with each other, and as long as you trust each other, you'll be together again.

Jb

I usually just fool my brain into thinking it's no big deal, even if it is. Usually works, but you do get remorse for not taking it more seriously later on in your life.

Celegus

Nobody's saying there's not a difference, but "forever" is a pretty absolute term. Never been in the situation before, but it doesn't sound fun.

Raist

Banned
It's not the 17th entury anymore dude. Flying anywhere isn't that hard or expensive and even in the worst case you've got plenty of means of communication. Unless your flight is a one way ticket to alpha centauri or something.

Erasus

Ugh I still think about an online crush I had back in 06.

But yes Skype.

And we have airplanes now holy shit

I'm confused here. Is this person your girlfriend? Does she know shes your girlfriend? If yes to both of these questions, whats the problem? You should get to see her again.

I just left my hometown. It sucks, but I can't stay there forever. I know I'll see many people again, but I don't know when. We meet people, spend time with them, then depart and see new people. It's the way things work. Accept it, and enjoy the time you have with them.

sphinx

the piano man
some of you guys don't understand that people live THOUSANDS of FUCKING MILES away from each other, money doesn't grow on trees and life isn't eternal and a fucking camera on skype isn't a substitute for going to a trip to the mountains, playing piano together and sharing something special, a kind of love that is called friendship in real life, something that apparently isn't worth a damn to some of you if you think wazzup and your goddamned laptops is all you need for your personal affectional needs.

if that's the case, you are rotten inside and it's sad.

some of you guys don't understand that people live THOUSANDS of FUCKING MILES away from each other, money doesn't grow on trees and life isn't eternal and a fucking camera on skype isn't a substitute for going to a trip to the mountains, playing piano together and sharing something special, a kind of love that is called friendship in real life, something that apparently isn't worth a damn to some of you if you think wazzup and your goddamned laptops is all you need for your personal affectional needs.

.... Are you an eleven year old girl?

DJ_Lae

Forever is saying goodbye to a loved one in the hospital, unconscious and barely breathing, taking their hand in yours and squeezing it with no response in return.

And then the sitting there for a couple of hours, hoping that they'll just open their eyes for a second and smile knowing that they aren't alone, that you're sitting beside them. But they don't, and then they're gone.

zethren

Banned

I know how you feel man, I do. But it doesn't have to be goodbye for "forever". I'm sure you guys will see each other again in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom