• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sealark - An Oceanic Adventure Game [Kickstarter]

injurai

Banned
So Kickstarter apparently informs you of kickstarter projects that are relatively local to you and this popped up. I thought it was pretty cool and gaf worthy.

Kickstarter page

8fdad89b2f577903c201b3196267d804_large.png
932b82972f3d74a7f5f71e8d8d6a6f56_large.png

55f62c1734274674b2947a4f65e4c443_large.png
0cd9992b06871160f1221ac993bee180_large.png

Sealark is about a girl who really likes to fish! She is the last fisherman in the whole world! A world that is flooded, populated by only fish people, and of course, fish. And talking birds too, I guess. The point is that the fishing is really good! Until one day, our hero Dove finds a strange boat, and everything changes.

What we have here is an Adventure Game for Windows, Mac, and Linux!

It's about fishing a bunch of fish, meeting a bunch of folks, solving some tough puzzles, beating up some bosses, and a little dating if that's the kind of fisherman you are.

Some of the inspirations I draw from in how I'm making this game include Earthbound, Homestuck, Cave Story, and a little Harvest Moon.

injurai

Banned
Whats even better is this game far exceeded its initial goal, so its looks like it will be getting a ton of additional features, and even an expansion pack. I don't know why, but this game excites me more than most of the indie games I've seen kickstarted.

Top Bottom