• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer Issue 235 |November 2012| - Reviews, Previews and More

There are five different covers for this issue, as their "under-the-radar titles".

Fuse

cov_235_v2_l.jpg

Dead Island: Riptide

Beyond: Two Souls

Metro: Last Light

Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

Cover Stories:

Fuse
Dead Island: Riptide
Beyond: Two Souls
Metro: Last Light
Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

Features:

Assassin's Creed III
Assassin's Creed III: Liberation

Interviews:

Riot Games
Robert Kirkman
Tim Schafer

Previews:

Far Cry 3
Dead Space 3
Hitman: Absolution
Aliens: Colonial Marines
Deadpool
Forza Horizon
Need For Speed: Most Wanted
Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes
Sacred 3
Company of Heroes 2
Blade & Soul
Omerta: City of Gangsters
Medal of Honor: Warfighter
Dragon Quest X
Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion
WWE '13

Reviews:

XCOM: Enemy Unknown - 9.5/10 (Game of the Month)
Joe Danger 2: The Movie - 8.25/10
Double Dragon Neon - 8.25/10
NHL 13 - 8/10
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 - 8.75/10
FIFA 13 - 8.75/10
Resident Evil 6 - 8.75/10
Mark of the Ninja - 9/10
Dance Central 3 - 8.75/10
Pokemon Black & White 2 - 7.5/10
LittleBigPlanet Vita - 8.75/10

Let me know if you'd like a snippet from an interview, review or preview.

XCOM: Enemy Unknown - 9.5/10 (Game of the Month)
Joe Danger 2: The Movie - 8.25/10
Double Dragon Neon - 8.25/10
NHL 13 - 8/10
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 - 8.75/10
FIFA 13 - 8.75/10
Resident Evil 6 - 8.75/10
Mark of the Ninja - 9/10
Dance Central 3 - 8.75/10
Pokemon Black & White 2 - 7.5/10
LittleBigPlanet Vita - 8.75/10

Let me know if you'd like a snippet from an interview, review or preview.

Poke-GAF meltdown incoming, especially since RE6 scored so high.

Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch totally bombed in Japan. I'll probably still get it though.

Also, Game Informer's review scale is embarrassing.

I will predict their reviews for the 5 games on the "cover" this month.

Fuse - 8.25
Dead Island: Riptide - 8.75
Beyond: Two Souls - 8.50
Metro: Last Light - 8.75
Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch - 7.25

Nemesis_

So they do covers for under the radar titles but they don't have any previews or content inside to actually cover them?

Or am I missing something?

Averon

For as long as I've read GI, they almost never score games below a 6. They seem to be locked in a 6-10 scale.

I literally can't remember the last time I saw a Pokemon fan give a shit about a review.

They've all been the same for more than 10 years
much like the games ho ho ho not really

Alex

Same exact fucking game, I dont know how people still do it. I went nuts on Blue as a kid but it's the same easy, empty, shallow, molasses paced slog as it was back then and the designs just get worse and worse.

But it does so well, can't blame them for completely phoning these things in anymore, although back in the day the lost potential was perturbing. On the plus side, this is the first one I didn't buy out of stupidity and permanently shelve after a few hours!

I will likely do this again when they move it to the 3DS though, because I am a moron.

Any Far Cry 3 or Dead Space 3 new stuff?

They've got an interesting Dead Space 3 preview of the weapon crafting system. You tap the symbols on the ipad to see the steps involved in creating a custom gun. There's a lot of customization options like compressors, directed ejection field, rail accelerator, full zoom scopes, frames, melee attachments, etc.

Derrick01

Banned
The Ni No Kuni caught me off guard there for a second. This is GI were talking about here. Good to see it.

Don't get too excited. The reason any of these games are on the cover is because with the exception of GTA 5 they're out of big name covers. We're in that awkward period between generations where everything kind of slumps until the consoles are revealed.

Don't get too excited. The reason any of these games are on the cover is because with the exception of GTA 5 they're out of big name covers. We're in that awkward period between generations where everything kind of slumps until the consoles are revealed.

It's still good news for a game like NnK to receive mainstream coverage. And the preview in the issue is definitely the most positive. The person that played it seem to love it. And it wasn't even a short preview as they were allowed to play it for 7 hours.

Raptor

They've got an interesting Dead Space 3 preview of the weapon crafting system. You tap the symbols on the ipad to see the steps involved in creating a custom gun. There's a lot of customization options like compressors, directed ejection field, rail accelerator, full zoom scopes, frames, melee attachments, etc.

Very nice.

Thanks.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
the 8.25 or 8.50 or 8.75 scale is so retarded

whats next? 8.3294589059595959595????

christ, this magazine is just trash. why not a simple thumbs up/down 'scoring' system?

NateDrake

Same exact fucking game, I dont know how people still do it. I went nuts on Blue as a kid but it's the same easy, empty, shallow, molasses paced slog as it was back then and the designs just get worse and worse.

But it does so well, can't blame them for completely phoning these things in anymore, although back in the day the lost potential was perturbing. On the plus side, this is the first one I didn't buy out of stupidity and permanently shelve after a few hours!

I will likely do this again when they move it to the 3DS though, because I am a moron.

That's a shame because Black2/White2 are pretty damn awesome.

Yagharek

I find it extremely dubious that Dead Island is considered an "under the radar" game after the first game was proclaimed GOTY before it even came out.

Top Bottom