• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4 free Redbox game rentals | 2 new codes added

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Text 727272 with the following messages:
TRYGAMES
TRYITOUT
TRYREDBOX
SCREEN
RENT
GAMEKIDS expires 11/31/2013 thanks bronson
MARKET (expires 12/31/12) This is actually a movie rental
PANDORA (expires 1/8/13)
NOWPLAY (code expires 5/9/13)
JUSTDANCE (code expires 4/14/13)
TOMB (code expires 6/30/13)
E3 (code expires 6/20/13)

SAINTS *NEW* (code expires 10/7/13)

Kiosk locator: http://www.redbox.com/games

The above expiration dates are for the redemption codes themselves. The free code promo could end earlier (and usually do)

How long do you get to keep them for?

9:00 PM the following day. Optimal time to rent is to get it as early as possible after 12:01 AM local time

Spinluck

XkRSQ.gif

Gonna save some money with this.

Whoo.

Wario64 always posting them insanely good deals.
Now time to wait for AC3, and wait even longer for the PC version.

Bsigg12

Didn't know that AC3 was 2 discs on the 360.

And those who rent Halo 4 cannot play multiplayer because you have to install disc 2 in order to play multiplayer or Spartan Ops

Bsigg12

disc 1 is SP and 2 is MP

For Halo 4 its all launched off disc 1. You have to install disc 2 onto either a harddrive or flash drive in order to access it period. I'm on mobile right now so its a pain in the ass to pull the page up that explains that

Edit: unless youre talking about AC3 in which your statement makes perfect sense.

iNvid02

For Halo 4 its all launched off disc 1. You have to install disc 2 onto either a harddrive or flash drive in order to access it period. I'm on mobile right now so its a pain in the ass to pull the page up that explains that

Edit: unless youre talking about AC3 in which your statement makes perfect sense.

yeah i was on about ac3

Sean

Banned
Never used Redbox before. What happens if I return this free game rental a day late? How much would I be charged?

Hope they get some Wii U games in before the end of the year. Expecting them to. Would totally use this to blow through the BLOPSII campaign.

jacobs34

The thing about redbox I never get is how people use it for games, only being able to keep a game for one day makes it impossible to beat most games.

Chesskid1

Banned
not worth the hassle, but thanks for sharing :)

signing up, giving CC, finding kiosk, going out to kiosk, only having one day to play, then going back out next day to return it. heh, maybe im lazy.

hmm, on 2nd thought, maybe i'll give it a shot for AC3, kiosk doesnt seem too far away.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)

signing up, giving CC, finding kiosk, going out to kiosk, only having one day to play, then going back out next day to return it. heh, maybe im lazy.

You don't need to sign up for anything. You enter a code in the kiosk, swipe your CC, and you get your game. You can return it at any kiosk, which is virtually any 7-11 and most supermarkets.

If you don't mind, give me your codes then :)

chixdiggit

Pretty much this. I'm at the point in my life where I would rather pay full price for things if it means it's more convenient.

TheMan

hmm, on 2nd thought, maybe i'll give it a shot for AC3, kiosk doesnt seem too far away.

he offers free rentals and you bitch about it?

can't please em all i suppose.

Idesofmarch

Neo Member
The thing about redbox I never get is how people use it for games, only being able to keep a game for one day makes it impossible to beat most games.

If you rent a game, and say beat it in 5 days, that's still only around 10 dollars. Not bad at all. That's what I did with dishonored

randomkid

Looks like my choices would be Dishonored, Sleeping Dogs and erm, Epic Mickey and New Super Mario Bros Wii.

So if you rented on a Friday night just after midnight, you'd keep the game for free until Sunday 9pm? Might not be a bad idea for weekends where you were otherwise free and feeling antisocial.

totowhoa

Banned
Thanks. Probably won't use these until school is out, but at least that'll give me four games to play right before it expires... hopefully they'll all be decent.

Grief.exe

Think about what you just said

Well I did, you said that everything is due at 9 pm, so whats stopping you from renting at 9:01 and turning it in at 9 the next day?
Basically my question is why do you have to wait for midnight when turn in time is at 9?

I haven't used red box in years so bear with me.

Top Bottom