• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse announced!

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
It seems so, looking at Nintendo Power cover on THAT site. It seems it's for 3DS, too.

Was just about to post it. I wonder if this will be redone on Wii U ala MSF, since they seemingly confirmed Shantae for Wii U is in the works.

Awesome news! Here's hoping WayForward also gets the original Shantae up in the eShop soon. It's been a while since they first said they were trying to make it happen.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
sdajkhsdajklfhk omgomgomgomgomg FUCK YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS I can't believe it fuck yes!

kUfKj.gif

Yuripaw

Banned
Im sorry if this sounds like port begging, but I wish they would just put these games on Wii U. I'd love to see these games on my TV.

Sounds good to me, Risky's Revenge was solid but lacked a little "oomph" towards the end in particular, I anticipate a solid improvement.

Hopefully it's more like the first game. Risky's Revenge was nice, but felt a bit flat.

I do hope they actually stick to her being de-powered, though.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
New Shantae with Mighty Switch Force lika graphics? Day 1....Will look so good on the 3DS.

VideoMan

30% Failure Rate
Mighty Switch Force HD? I think they're working on another title, but that's a multiplatform game for all three HD consoles.
No, in an interview with Voldi Way he said they were working on a Shantae game for Wii U.

ND: Speaking of Shantae, is there anything coming down the pipeline that you can talk about?

Voldi: Um, I mean, I wish I could say something specific, but we are working on it. Like I would expect to see it on, you know, Wii U, uh, it’s just, I don’t want to commit to a time because it always gets– even though we have been working on it, you know, like I said it gets pushed to the back burner, so um, originally we were hoping to have something for launch, but that’s clearly not going to happen. But yeah, Shantae is definitely in the works, and the last one, Risky’s Revenge, kind of left off on, like, a down note, so we have to address that, right? So yeah, definitely more Shantae, for sure.

Source: http://www.nintendojo.com/features/interviews/e3-2012-interview-with-wayforward

Linkup

DSi game was pretty fun. I imagine this will look amazing in 3D like MSF was. More stuff like this to keep me coming back to eShop please.

Great news, although I'll probably never get around to beating Risky's Revenge, it's a great-looking game and plays well, but has quite a bunch of niggling issues (invisible walls, loading times, a somewhat useless map) - hopefully, the sequel will get rid of those.

Top Bottom