• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adventure Time Season 5 |OT| Welcome to the Multiverse

Status
Not open for further replies.
AT_OT5_concepts5.png

Adventure Time!
C'mon grab your friends,
We'll go to a very
distant land
With Jake the dog
and Finn the human,
the fun will never end
It's Adventure Time!

WHAT:
Adventure Time! It's a cartoon that follows Finn, the last human on Earth, and his magical dog Jake. They go on adventures in the Land of Ooo, a post-apocalyptic world where magic has returned, and save princesses and play video games and sing songs and fight demons and it's pretty much the greatest cartoon that's ever graced Cartoon Network. It is now entering its fifth season and it's better than ever before.

WHEN:
Monday nights at 8:00pm!

HUH?
Peep this biz:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1AlCxMo6wk http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5KC1E5NyR0

EPISODE GUIDE FOR SEASON FIVE:
1014-105 Finn the Human

1014-106 Jake the Dog

1014-107 Five More Short Graybles

1014-108 Up a Tree

1014-109 All the Little People

1014-110 Bad Little Boy

1014-111 Jake the Dad

1014-112 Davey

1014-113 Mystery Dungeon

1014-114 Little Dude

1014-115 All Your Fault

1014-116 Vault of Bones

1014-117 The Great Bird Man

1014-118 Simon and Marcy

1014-119 Puhoy

1014-120 A Glitch Is a Glitch

1014-121 One Last Job

1014-122 Princess Potluck

1014-123 BMO Lost

1014-124 James Baxter the Horse

1014-129 Shhh

1014-130 The Suitor

1014-131 The Party’s Over, Isla de Senora

1014-132 Another Five Short Graybles

1014-133 LSP Gets Robbed

1014-134 Only Wizards Allowed
I'll un-spoiler these as they air.

BONUS: There is going to be an Adventure Time movie. It was meant to be the season finale to Season 5, hence there are 4 episode numbers missing from that list, but for whatever reason it was pushed back. It'll be an hour long, though, so that's pretty rad, and it's being written by Pen himself.

I'll update this OP with new info when it becomes available, or anything else you guys and gals feel it could use.

AdventureTime.png

OH, AND YES, THE SEASON PREMIER DID LEAK EARLY. LET'S REMEMBER TO SPOILER TAG ANY TALK ABOUT IT UNTIL AFTER IT AIRS TO BE COURTEOUS TO THOSE WHO WANTED TO WAIT.

Tuck

Can't wait till everyone else sees the episode - then we can get some real discussion going.

EDIT: Nice OP by the way.

FillerB

@Scavenger: Did you manage to take/find any photos from the event last Saturday? Forgot to take my camera with me (phone-camera is craptastic even in daylight) but the sight of ~150 people sitting in a cinema all wearing Finn and Jake hats is one that should be shared with the group.

Raxus

Tonight's previews don't do it justice this episode is 10x crazier.

It is going to be some nasty jazz. Na-na-nasty jazz.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Hype.

I haven't finished the last couple of episodes of the fourth season though :(

I need to remedy that soon.

Futureman

I feel like season 4 just came out, though I guess I don't really follow AT that closely. Was surprised to see season 5 already coming.

Scavenger

@Scavenger: Did you manage to take/find any photos from the event last Saturday? Forgot to take my camera with me (phone-camera is craptastic even in daylight) but the sight of ~150 people sitting in a cinema all wearing Finn and Jake hats is one that should be shared with the group.
Sorry, I didn't take any pictures. Maybe some photos will pop up on the Adventure Time Facebook page or the Klik! Facebook page.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
*grabs Finn & Jake plushies* Let's do this! So glad the cliffhanger didn't take long, like the two years it takes The Venture Bros between seasons or the long time it's going to take Metalocalypse's latest cliffhanger.

Saw that leaked Season 5 episode.

Spoilers for Season 5:

Can't believe everything's back to normal now. Very curious to see if Bubblegum's and Finn's relationship gets repaired. Also, what's the deal with the alternate world? And Marceline being a half-demon instead of a vampire? And Finn having a robotic arm? And it apparently being set in the future AND as a precursor to the series? And was the "ironic twist" for Finn's wish to be put right before the Lich was unleashed to the world? AND, WHAT WAS THE IRONIC COMPONENT OF JAKE'S WISH?

All things to think about.

Jintor

Hey WordAssassin, I might have some time in a few days and I'm looking for something relaxing to do without much thought, do you mind if I steal some of your thumbnails and draw 'em?

LowParry

Saw that leaked Season 5 episode.

Spoilers for Season 5:

Can't believe everything's back to normal now. Very curious to see if Bubblegum's and Finn's relationship gets repaired. Also, what's the deal with the alternate world? And Marceline being a half-demon instead of a vampire? And Finn having a robotic arm? And it apparently being set in the future AND as a precursor to the series? And was the "ironic twist" for Finn's wish to be put right before the Lich was unleashed to the world? AND, WHAT WAS THE IRONIC COMPONENT OF JAKE'S WISH?

All things to think about.

Jake was very specific with his wish for Finn and Jake to be wished back home. So there is no monkey's paw effect involved. It only applies to a wish that is all vague like "I wish for money". You need specifics as Prismo explained.

Maron

Okay, so the thing that just played was the Season 4 finale? Crazy...Even though the gap was only a month it would've driven me crazy waiting to see how this is resolved.

Now we're bout to find out!

Jake was very specific with his wish for Finn and Jake to be wished back home. So there is no monkey's paw effect involved. It only applies to a wish that is all vague like "I wish for money". You need specifics as Prismo explained.

I just hope there's no backfiring. I know Prismo likes Jake (maybe even a little too much), so he probably wouldn't intentionally screw him over, but I'm still not convinced that there isn't any monkey paw conspiracy going on here. Perhaps it's not something Prismo fully has control over.

If it's not mentioned again in the next five episodes or so I'll drop it. Until then, I'll still be concerned about it.

Can someone spoil the events which lead up to this one for me? I'm completely lost.

NOT Season 5 spoilers:

The lich never died. He used the possessed snail to kill / possess Billy somehow. Lich Billy tricked Finn into thinking the "Lich was returning" so Finn / Jake / Lich Billy went and picked up all the crown jewels from the princesses.

When the jewels are placed into the Enchiridion they create a dimensional rift. Finn / Jake opens the dimensional rift, despite Princess Bubblegum's best efforts to stop them.

(TONS OF TENSION between Princess and Finn now.)

The Lich reveals himself, some really creepy dialog ensues, and the Lich steps into the portal, Jake and Finn falling into it after him. End season.

Hope that helps.

NOT Season 5 spoilers:

The lich never died. He used the possessed snail to kill / possess Billy somehow. Lich Billy tricked Finn into thinking the "Lich was returning" so Finn / Jake / Lich Billy went and picked up all the crown jewels from the princesses.

When the jewels are placed into the Enchiridion they create a dimensional rift. Finn / Jake opens the dimensional rift, despite Princess Bubblegum's best efforts to stop them.

(TONS OF TENSION between Princess and Finn now.)

The Lich reveals himself, some really creepy dialog ensues, and the Lich steps into the portal, Jake and Finn falling into it after him. End season.

Hope that helps.

Oh, thanks a lot.

Maron

Hahah, I really like this wall wish granter guy. He's actually trying to help Jake out so he doesn't make a stupid wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom