• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

History of Ocean Software by Retro Fusion Kickstarter.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Figured there are enough old school gamers here that would be interested in this. Chris Wilkins of Retro Fusion is working on a full color high quality coffee table book representing the complete history of Ocean Software. We get a lot of kickstarter projects for games, but not enough people are taking it upon themselves to be the historians of the hobby.

The History of Ocean will chart the rise and rise of Ocean Software throughout the 1980 and 1990's and will be littered with anecdotes from those that contributed to the company's success as well as photographs, concept graphics, sprites and Ocean memorabilia that has never been seen outside the Ocean Headquarters in Manchester.

Funding ends Dec 14, 2012.

They're currently about 4400£ short of their goal.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/47744432/the-history-of-ocean-software-by-retro-fusion

What is this? First everyone is speaking of Eurocom as if they were kings, and now .. Ocean? I can't say I don't have nostalgia towards that era, but anyone who's over 25 must surely remember the cack they put out consistently to make a quick buck based on the latest movie license.

Edit: Not saying they didn't have decent ports under their belt, or that this book doesn't have an interesting subject. Glad it got funded.

I always thought Ocean was the EA of the 80s.

EA of the 80's was great!

I just got my copy because I dipped in for the double book option on the follow up Kickstarter...The History of U.S. Gold

Also, Chris just got his EVEN NEWER Kickstarter fully funded...The Story of the ZX Spectrum in Pixels

I've only had time to flick through it, but so far this book seems really super neat. It looks to be pretty packed full of stuff, both text and images, no wasted space! If you missed out and wanna pick up a copy you can find it on Amazon.co.uk, or all three of the books on the official site here.

Top Bottom